- Product 705381
Dave Smith Instruments Poly Evolver Analog Rack Synth
- Write a Review
This 1RU 4-voice synth is fully programmable from the front panel. Each voice has 2 analog and 2 digital oscillators. The analog oscillators offer mu...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
The kind of control you've dreamed about!
This 1RU 4-voice synth is fully programmable from the front panel. Each voice has 2 analog and 2 digital oscillators. The analog oscillators offer multiple waveshapes with voltage-controlled analog pulse-width modulation, hard syncing, real voltage-controlled lowpass filters, and VCAs on each channel. The digital oscillators select from 96 Prophet-VS and 32 user-loadable (via MIDI) wavetables and have FM and ring modulators. As with original VS, the digital oscillators get trashy as the frequency gets higher.
Other tools and features include a separate glide per oscillator, dual digital 4-pole highpass filters that can be placed before or after the analog electronics, stereo audio inputs, a noise generator, envelope follower and peak detect from the external input for use as a modulation source, 3 snappy ADSRs, and 4 LFOs that re sequencer- and MIDI-syncable.
Additional features include dual tunable feedback loops, delay with 3 taps, digital distortion, 3 banks of 128 programs for 384 total, a 16 x 4 analog-style sequencer that syncs with MIDI, extensive modulation options, and an easy-to-program matrix-style front panel, with 8 rotary encoders.
The Poly includes a free standalone editor that will run on both a PC and a Mac enabling you to edit both programs and combos quickly and easily.
- 4-voice analog synthesizer in a 1U 19" rack
- Fully programmable from the front panel
- 4 oscillators in total: 2 analog, 2 digital
- Analog oscillator waveshape are sawtooth, triangle, saw-triangle, and pulse (with voltage-controlled analog pulse-width modulation)
- Digital oscillators select from 96 wavetables from the Prophet-VS (128 x 12 bits) and 32 user-loadable (via MIDI) Wavetables (128 x 16 bits)
- Digital oscillators get trashy as the frequency gets higher, as with the original VS
- Hard sync on the analog oscillators
- FM and ring mod on the digital oscillators
- Separate glide per oscillator, with 2 glide modes
- Real voltage-controlled analog lowpass filters - not digital re-creations
- 4-pole/2-pole switchable, fully resonant (in 4-pole mode)
- Separate filters for channels
- Analog Voltage Controlled Amplifiers (VCAs), one for each channel
- Dual digital 4-pole highpass filters (one per channel)
- Stereo audio inputs
- Noise generator
- Envelope follower and peak detect from external input to use as modulation sources
- External input can be used to gate envelopes and/or step the sequencer
- 3 snappy ADSR envelopes
- 4 LFOs (sync with sequencer and MIDI)
- Dual (left and right channel) tunable feedback loops; modulate frequency and amount
- Delay with 3 taps, each with separate time and amount modulation
- Syncs to sequencer/MIDI
- Normal feedback and additional feedback path through analog filters
- Digital distortion can be placed before or after analog electronics
- 3 banks of 128 programs for 384 total programs - dump to/from MIDI
- 16 x 4 analog-style sequencer - syncs with MIDI
- Extensive modulation capabilities including audio-range and bipolar (+/-) modulation
- Matrix-style front panel with 8 endless-turn rotary encoders
- Internal controllers and DSP chips can be reprogrammed via MIDI
- Universal power supply runs virtually anywhere; 100 - 240 VAC, 50-60 Hz
Poly Evolver Analog Rack Synth
- 19" wide, 6" deep, and 1.75" high (27 x 15 x 4 cm)