An analog/digital hybrid synth that gives you direct access to 512 fully editable programs.
The Poly Evolver PE Keyboard Synthesizer is Dave Smith Instruments' flagship synthesizer, a nearly-knob-per-function knockout that sounds unlike any other synth out there (except another Evolver, of course!). Don't like a high-end hardware synthesizer that requires wading through endless menus to program? Not an issue with the Poly Evolver's 78 knobs (60 of them are potentiometers) and 58 buttons, including a keypad for direct access to programs.
An analog/digital hybrid, the four-voice Dave Smith Poly Evolver PE features four oscillators per voice (two analog and two digital) in a unique stereo voice architecture with one real Curtis analog low-pass filter per channel. The digital processing does not simply add effects at the end of the signal chain, but is tightly integrated with the analog electronics for tuned feedback, distortion, bit crushing, and synced delays. The Dave Smith synthesizer can also process external audio and has separate stereo outputs for each voice.
The Dave Smith Poly Evolver PE keyboard synth is capable of producing sounds ranging from classic analog to more brash and edgy digital sounds. It is also multitimbral, with the ability to play up to four parts simultaneously through separate stereo outputs. In addition, it can process external audio.
- Each voice is a complete Evolver with four oscillators per voice (two analog and two digital).
- True stereo signal path with separate Curtis analog low-pass filters in each channel for each voice. Each voice has its own independent effects (feedback, delay, distortion, high-pass filter, etc.).
- Highly accessible sound control for easy, intuitive operation: 78 knobs and 58 switches.
- Clocked, pulsing blue LEDs and hardwood end-panels.
- Each voice has an independent 16 x 4 step sequencer. Everything (sequencer, LFOs, and delay) syncs perfectly to MIDI.
- In Program mode, all four voices play the same sound. In Combo mode, voices can be allocated however desired: stack all 4 for a huge unison sound, split or layer the keyboard in any configuration, and/or play one or all sequences at the same time. Each voice can respond to a different MIDI channel.
- Each voice has its own stereo output in addition to the mix and headphones outputs.
- Stereo audio input that can be routed to any or all of the voices, enabling parallel audio processing of external stereo or mono signals. The output of one voice can be routed to the input of another for interesting double-processing effects.
- 5-octave, semi-weighted keyboard action with velocity and aftertouch
- Spring-loaded pitch wheel and assignable mod wheel
- 512 fully editable Programs (4 banks of 128) and 384 Combos (3 banks of 128)
- Numeric keypad for direct access of Programs and Combos
- Oscillators per voice: 2 digitally controlled analog oscillators (DCOs) with selectable sawtooth, triangle, saw/triangle mix, and pulse waves (with pulse-width modulation), and hard sync; 2 digital wavetable oscillators with Prophet VS waves and wave sequencing capability, FM and ring modulation
- White noise generator
- 2 low-pass filters per voice: 1 analog Curtis filter per channel, selectable 2- and 4-pole operation (self-resonating in 4-pole mode)
- 3 Envelope Generators per voice: filter, VCA, and assignable (four-stage ADSR).
- 4 LFOs per voice
- Glide (portamento): separate rates per oscillator
- Analog VCAs
- Digital high-pass filter
- Digital delays: 3 separate, syncable, stereo delay lines per voice
- Tuned feedback with "Grunge": use feedback as a pitched sound source
- Distortion and "Output Hack"
- 16 x 4 step sequencer per voice
- Power supply: for 110V - 240V AC operation (15 VDC, 1300 mA)
- Dimensions: 5.09" H (2.84" at front edge, and the keyboard's feet account for 0.625" of the total height) x 14" W x 38-1/2" D
- Weight: approximately 28 lb.
- Ins and outs:
- MIDI In, Out, Thru, and Poly Chain
- Stereo audio input: 1/4" unbalanced
- Main stereo audio output: 1/4" unbalanced
- Separate stereo outputs (per voice): 1/4" unbalanced
- Sustain pedal input: accepts normally on or normally off momentary footswitch
- Pedal/CV1 and Pedal/CV2 inputs: responds to expression pedals or control voltages ranging from 0 to 5 VDC (protected against higher or negative voltages)