- Product 706282
E-mu 0404 Proteus X PCI Sound Module
- Write a Review
The E-Mu 0404 Proteus X PCI Sound Module gives you great sound at a great price. 24-bit/96kHz converters, hardware-accelerated effects and mixing, an...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Everything you need to produce pristine audio on a PC at a breakthrough price!
The E-Mu 0404 Proteus X PCI Sound Module gives you great sound at a great price. 24-bit/96kHz converters, hardware-accelerated effects and mixing, and seamless compatibility with your favorite PC audio/sequencer software. Offers the same hardware acceleration as the rest of E-MU's Digital Audio Systems, providing you with professional sound quality and powerful DSP at an affordable price. 24-bit, 96kHz converters deliver amazing 111dB (A/D) and 116dB (D/A) SNR and dynamic range. Flexible connectivity with 1/4" analog I/O, optical and coaxial 24/96 S/PDIF I/O, and MIDI I/O.
- 24-bit, 96kHz converters
- 111dB (A/D) and 116dB (D/A) SNR and dynamic range
- Flexible connectivity with 1/4" analog I/O, optical and coaxial 24/96 S/PDIF I/O, and MIDI I/O
- E-DSP 32-bit Multi-effects Processor for over 16 simultaneous hardware-accelerated studio-grade effects with no CPU overhead - plug-in architecture for adding new effects as needed
- 32 Channels of zero latency hardware mixing/ monitoring with super-flexible virtual patchbay - no external mixer needed
- Full compatibility with most popular audio/sequencer applications with ultralow latency WDM, DirectSound and ASIO 2.0 Drivers
- Powerful software studio package
- I/O Configuration:
- 2 - 1/4" Analog Inputs and Outputs
- Optical 24-bit/96kHz S/PDIF In/Out (switchable to AES/EBU)
- Coaxial 24-bit/96kHz S/PDIF In/Out (switchable to AES/EBU)
- MIDI In/Out
- E-DSP Hardware-accelerated Effects, Mixing and Monitoring:
- Over 20 effects plug-ins with over 500 presets
- Effects architecture is fully expandable, allowing you to add more effect plug-ins to your system as needed
- Zero-latency, hardware-based mixing and monitoring via the included PatchMix DSP mixer for flexibility in routing audio between all physical and virtual (ASIO/WDM) inputs and outputs - no external mixer needed
- Ships with the following effects plug-ins:
- 1-Band Para EQ
- 1-Band Shelf EQ
- 3-Band EQ
- 4-Band EQ
- Compressor Distortion
- Freq Shifter
- Leveling Amp
- Mono Delay 100
- Mono Delay 3000
- Stereo Delay 100
- Stereo Delay 1500
- Phase Shifter
- Rotary Speaker Simulator
- Stereo Reverb
Put Protean power in your PC, order today!
0404 Proteus X PCI Sound Module
- Intel or AMD processor - 1 GHz or faster
Intel, AMD or 100% compatible motherboard & chipset
Microsoft Windows XP (SP 2) or 2000 (SP4)
256MB System RAM
900MB of free hard disk space for full installation
PCI 2.1 compliant slot for E-MU 0404 PCI card
CD-ROM/CD-RW or DVD-ROM drive required for software installation
XVGA Video (1024 X 768)
Reviewed by 4 customers
Displaying reviews 1-4
It is cheap and it sounds great.2 gig of sounds and a card to boot.
I am new to computer production and decided to buy this because of the price. Once I finally got it running I was amazed at the sounds of capabilities of the software. It was worth the extra fifty dollars to get the complete package instead of just the card. READ THIS PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!! the card is a Creative Labs product. Read the directions if you are using Windows XP. Windows will try to install it's own drivers and you won't be able to use the card and software properly. READ THE DIRECTIONS FOR INSTALLATION FIRST AND FOLLOW THEM!!!!!!!!
Out of the box this is just an E-MU 0404 card (not tweaked or moded in any way) plus you get the ProteusX softsynth (might as well been called EmulatorX lite). I love the 0404 card I absolutely hate ProteusX softsyth, namely because I can't get it to work(!). My system exceeds the minimum requirements on the box (1-GIG of RAM, 2.4 Ghz CPU) and even after following the tweaks (turning off various background processes) this synth still has timing issues, it cracks it pops, it drops! Contacted E-MU Support and the conclusion is that it wants more power... Out of the box you get Cubase VST (Lite) which I don't care much for. When I couldn't get results in Sonar 4 I did give Cubase VST a try, but experienced the same problem. I use Sonar 4's built-in EDIROL VSC and TTS-1 softsynths (by Roland) and have no problem at all. The problem has to be the ProteusX software it's too demanding and there aren't enough options to lower its resource requirements (you can't decrease polyphony as you can on other softsynths). The only positive thing I can say is when it works it sounds fantastic... what little I can make of the Pianos and Strings are amazing sounding, but if it doesn't work it's no good. The 0404 card is fantastic, it blows everything else in its price range out of the water. Buy a 0404 and invest in Sonar 4 Producers Edition.
This is a great product! Sound quality is awesome. I've been using E-mu rack mount products for many years. I get compliments from other keyboard players all the time when useing my Vintage Keys, the new Proteus X sounds significantly better. It is highly playable even in a live situation. E-mu products have what I call "Sonic Clarity". That means people can still distinctly hear you despite the Marshall stacks on stage. This is the best new gear I have bought since they invented the original Vintage Keys, and Proteus X cost 10% of the VK.