- Product 705357
Edirol SD-80 Studio Canvas 128-Voice USB Sound Module
- Write a Review
With the SD-80, you get a powerful synth engine and high-quality waveforms in a slim, sleek unit perfect for desktop or rack. Connection options incl...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
High performance MIDI sound generator!
With the SD-80, you get a powerful synth engine and high-quality waveforms in a slim, sleek unit perfect for desktop or rack. Connection options include USB, coax, S/PDIF, and 1/4" phone. Sounds include the same wave ROMs as the SD-90: 1,050 tones, 30 drum sets, and 3 multi-effects (90 types). FPT technology assures fast and stable MIDI data transmission. 32-part, 128-voice polyphony. For flexibility, you can even run specific MIDI channels through assignable audio outputs for outboard effects processing to make the sound all your own. The SD-80 ships with a powerful software editor that can control its sound parameters by a graphical interface, providing control over tone editing, patch changes, and effect parameters that can be preserved via its built-in memory. Includes SD-80 Editor software (Win/Mac).
- World leading technology of synthesizer sound engines and high-quality waveforms (including same wave ROMs as SD-90)
- Fast, stable MIDI data transmission realized by FPT (Fast Processing Technology)
- GM2/GS/XGlite compatible
- 32-part, 128-voice polyphony
- 1,050 tones, 30 drum sets, 3 multi-effects (90 types)
- Rackmounted for studio use, or vertically mounted for desktop use
- Optical/coaxial digital output (S/PDIF)
- 2-stereo/4-mono multi-outputs
- 2-port external MIDI in/out
- 6 internal sound sets sound maps (classical, contemporary, solo, enhanced, special 1, and special 2)
- 128 preset sound instruments
- 8 drum sound sets
- 6 reverbs, 6 choruses
- 20 character, 2 line, backlight LCD display
Get this small yet powerful MIDI sound module and revolutionize your music making. Order today!
- System requirements for Macintosh:
- Operating system: MacOS 8.5, 8.6, and 9.x
- Computer: USB-ready Apple Macintosh
- CPU/clock: PowerPC G3/233MHz or higher
- Memory (RAM): 64MB or more
- OMS 2.3.3 or later. FreeMIDI 1.35 or later
- System requirements: Windows
- Operating system: Windows ME/98/98SE/2000/XP
- Computer: Windows-compatible equipped with USB port
- CPU/clock: Pentium processor 200MHz or higher
- Memory (RAM): 64MB or more
- USB chipset: Intel's USB chipset is recommended
Reviewed by 4 customers
Displaying reviews 1-4
After extensive testing, this module is an absolute waste of time. After playing just 30 notes simultaneously, the rest just dissappear. Title on the front should read: 128 voices, (of which you can only hear 30 at a time) 1050 instruments, (800 of which are re-EQ'd ) 30 drumsets (23 of which are all the same)
Surprisingly good sounds from this company that I have never heard of before. Bar none, the best drumset I have heard to date on a keyboard/module, which compliments a good set of standard rock instruments. Also, it has some great wind instruments, beautiful reeds and flutes. The weakest area would be it's strings. I have heard better strings from Casio! However, it does make up for the weak strings with a diverse and strong sound set. Well worth the money.
I've had one of these for over a year and am very pleased with it. Some of the presets are bad, but the edit features are very helpful. I let my mother listen to a clarinet solo on a favourite hymn and she thought it was a real clarinet. I had edited a clarinet sample and she couldn't tell it was a synth. So, I'm happy with it.
Many of the presets are needing attention. However, the editing software allows you to make some great patches. My elderly mother listened to a recording where I used a clarinet user patch and she thought is was real. I've enjoyed using this module. I would like to see better instructions for the editing software, though.