- Write a Review
The KRONOS legend grows.
The KRONOS Series has been KORG’s flagship synthesizer for several years now. Its latest redesign introduces new technologies emerging from KORG’s research and development team, as well as refinements of the features and attributes that have made it a world leader in keyboard performance and recording. The KRONOS 8 Workstation is set to carry on the tradition of KRONOS excellence in professional stage and studio environments, but with improved capacities in all of the areas where you need your keyboard instrument to perform its best. Now with nine distinct synthesis engines and a complete suite of performance and productions tools, KRONOS may well be the most versatile synthesizer ever made.
- 88-note keyboard with Graded Hammer Action
- Vast sequencing and sound design capabilities
- Solid-state internal drive
- Massive onboard sound library and storage capacity for additional sounds
- 8" Color TouchView display
- Controllers include 4-way joystick and ribbon
- Nine discrete sound engines
- 256 new programs, searchable by song titles (!)
- Great aesthetics with a aluminum chassis, mesh back panel, and wooden end bells
- User Sample Bank feature lets you create extremely large sample libraries
- Signature sounds created by top artists
- 16 simultaneously available premium-quality effects at once
- Onboard sequencer offers 16 MIDI tracks and 16 audio tracks (24-bit/48kHz)
- Open Sampling System - instant sampling and resampling
- KARMA sound engine for performance-driven phrases and backing tracks
- Expanded Drum Tracks
- Organize Programs, Combis, and Songs
- Smooth Sound Transition so notes sustained during patch or mode changes
- Dynamic Voice Allocation for high polyphony
- USB Ethernet adapter for high-speed transfer between to and from your computer
KORG's flagship is waving higher than ever. Order soon.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Pre-programmed music
- Realistic Sound
- Responsive / Good Action
- Touch Sensitive Keys
- Limited Sound Selection
- Electronic Music
Comments about Korg Kronos 88 Key Platinum Music Workstation:
I have had it for a week so these are some of my initial impressions. I will probably do another review in a year when I know more about its abilities. I am not reviewing features since you can find them on Korg/MF/other websites/Youtube. Be mindful that my comments are based on my particular needs/interests and may not correspond to your situation. What I say is more a food for thought before considering Kronos/other options. My reference points in assessing are Korg Triton Extreme (TE) 88 that I owned and my general knowledge as hobbyist musician and listener of a variety of genres.
Excellent pianos and ability to tweak sounds. Day and night difference with TE.
Excellent drum sounds. Extremely realistic. Day and night difference with TE.
Very good piano action. Only slightly better than TE but black keys in comparison to TE are textured, which I like.
TE was built like a tank. I was apprehensive of Kronos built quality when I had seen first gen Kronos in stores some years ago. But I have no complaints and all knobs/sliders seem reasonable. TE joystick inspired bit more confidence though.
Touch screen graphics in keeping with technology advancement, as expected, are much better than TE's. I just hope that touch screen would withstand use better. Only problem that I had with TE was touch screen, which started becoming unresponsive but in eighth year of purchase.
Love platinum and black aesthetic.
Not all sounds are as realistic as pianos or drums. I was surprised at few of brass and woodwinds. Actually some of those in TE to me were more real. (While I don't have TE anymore I have more admiration for TE). Some guitars with effects are better to TE's. Some same.
If you are looking for authentic Tabla, Sitar, Sarangi, Shehnai, Santoor, Sarood and other musical instruments' sounds that are played in Pakistan, India, Bangladesh etc, you will be sorely disappointed.
Kronos is clearly geared more to North American/European musical traditions.