- Product 583321
Korg MicroKorg XL Limited Edition - Beige
- Write a Review
The Korg microKORG XL synthesizer is ready to expand your musical vocabulary with a huge fun factor. Korg builds in a gooseneck microphone for instan...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
An eight-voice music synthesizer with 17 effects, a vocoder gooseneck mic, and more.
The Korg microKORG XL synthesizer is ready to expand your musical vocabulary with a huge fun factor. Korg builds in a gooseneck microphone for instant synth vocoder excitement, right out of the box.
For years, the microKORG has been one of the world's top-selling music synthesizers. Now, the microKORG XL is based on the same winning combination of a small footprint, mini-keys, battery-powered portability, and huge Korg sound.
Neo-vintage music synth power:
The microKORG XL music synthesizer carries a proud pedigree. The MMT (Multi Modeling Technology) sound engine is descended from Korg's RADIAS/R3 synthesizers, while the dual effects processors come down from Korg's famous KAOSS line. The microKORG XL also offers remarkable playability. For example, the black key/white key proportions have been adjusted for easier chording and the key response has been improved for rapid-fire soloing. And the old school square front keys? Well, they look wicked cool! Together with a sound-bending vocoder and six-pattern arpeggiation, the microKORG XL packs a powerful sonic punch.
The eight-voice MMT synth engine in the microKORG XL music synthesizer offers traditional analog waveforms plus a total of seven algorithms, including formant waveforms, noise, and PCM/DWGS waves for those vintage keyboards and strings. Cross-modulation, unison stacking, and VPM (Variable Phase Modulation) let you create sounds that would be impossible for a conventional PCM synthesizer to generate. Sync and ring modulation also make it easy to create complex and powerful sounds. Two multi-mode filters, a drive/waveshaping circuit for distinctively distorted sounds, plus EG and LFO for creating time-varying tonal change all provide plenty of parameters for serious synthesis. In addition, virtual patching brings it all together.
Seventeen up-to-the-minute effects deliver everything from a traditional chorus all the way to grain shifting. In addition, delay effects can be synchronized to a MIDI clock for "beat-sensitive" situations. You can even process external sounds. The microKORG XL's amazing vocoder adds vocal characteristics to any sound, creating everything from pseudo choirs and talking instruments to vintage Sci-Fi robots. Korg's unique Formant Hold allows you to freeze the vocal input for continuous vocoder effects. You can also use the Formant Shift function to adjust the level and pan of each of the sixteen bands, greatly altering the tonal character. The distinctive retro styling of the microKorg XL music synthesizer allows for quick selection of any of the 128 on-board, editable programs. For the diehard synthesists and sound designers, the three performance edit knobs provide for fast and effective editing. You're also free to select and assign your favorite parameters.
You won't believe the range of sounds you can create when you order the microKORG XL music synthesizer today.
MicroKorg XL Limited Edition - Beige
- Interface and keybed:
- Display: custom backlit LCD
- Keyboard: 37-note natural touch action
- 7 Switches: Bank (2 position), Octave Up and Down (toggle), timbre select (2 position), Arp On/Off, Vocoder On/Off, Write, and Exit/Shift
- 7 Knobs: volume, tempo, program select (genre and category), real-time assign, edit menu selector
- Wheels: Pitch and Modulation
- Polyphony: 8 voices (up to 4 when the vocoder is selected)
- Program: 128
- Number of timbres: maximum 2 (when using Layer, Split, or Multi)
- Synth 2 oscillator + noise generator
- Oscillator 1:
- Waveform SAW, PULSE, TRIANGLE, SINE, FORMANT,
- NOISE, PCM/DWGS, AUDIO In Modulation WAVEFORM, CROSS, UNISON, VPM
- Oscillator 2:
- Waveform SAW, PULSE, TRIANGLE, SINE
- Modulation RING, SYNC, RING+SYNC
- Wave shaping
- WS type DRIVE , DECIMATOR, HARDCLIP, OCT SAW,
- MULTI TRI, MULTI SIN, SUB OSC SAW, SUB
- OSC SQU, SUB OSC TRI, SUB OSC SIN, LEVEL
- Multi-mode filters:
- Filter 1: -24 dB/oct LPF -12 dB/oct LPF, HPF, BPF, Thru
- Filter 2: LPF, HPF, BPF
- Vocoder: 16-band vocoder, adjustable level and pan for each band, Format Shift function, Formant Hold function
- Keyboard: 37-note (mini keyboard, velocity sensitive, no aftertouch)
- Effects Timbre: 2-band EQ
- Master: master effects (17 effect algorithms)
- Arpeggiator UP, DOWN, ALT1/2, Random, Trigger (6 types),
- Step Arpeggiator function
- Programs: 128 programs (banks A/B x 8 genres x 8 categories)
- AUDIO IN [LINE] jack, AUDIO IN [MIC] jack
- (with AUDIO IN [MIC/XLR] switch)
- AUDIO IN [LINE] jack Maximum input level+19 dBu
- Input source; impedance: 8 Ohms; connector: 1/4" phone jack (unbalanced)
- AUDIO IN [MIC] jack Maximum input level-11 dBu
- Input source; impedance: 7 k-Ohms; connector: XLR (balanced)
- L/MONO, R jacks Maximum output level +6 dBu @ 10 k-ohm load Output source; impedance: 1 k-Ohm; connectors: 1/4" phone jacks (unbalanced)
- HEADPHONE jack Maximum output level 36 + 36 dBu @ 33 ohms load Output source; impedance: 10 Ohms; connector: 1/4" stereo phone jack
- IN, OUT,
- USB connector-B type
- Power supply: DC9V
- Six AA batteries (approximate lifespan is 4 hours with alkaline batteries)
- Dimensions: 2.87" H x 21.89" W x 9.09" D
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
i got this little buddy for x-mas, and the only problem i had with it is that korg put the wrong part in it for the adapter port, apparently this dosnt happen often at all and mine was a rare case, but honestly, this synth is so good i do not care that im putting out money on batteries.the online software may be a little bit daunting to work with, but if you dedicate a day to fiddling with it you'll learn alot about what your korg can do.the sounds you can get out of it are fantastic, and while its appearance may deceive you, this bad boy is no toy, i have played more shows than i can count relying on it to play solo's and other fast parts, so with a little practice the small keys become more of a friend than they are an annoyance. i highly suggest getting thisMICROKORG XL FTW!!