- Product 485685
Korg MicroKorg XL Limited Edition - Red
- Write a Review
The Korg microKORG XL Modeling Synth is ready to expand your musical vocabulary. The microKorg XL offers the winning combination of a small footprint...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
8-voice MMT synth engine, 17 effects, built-in vocoder and mic, modulation, and more.
The Korg microKORG XL Modeling Synth is ready to expand your musical vocabulary. The microKorg XL offers the winning combination of a small footprint, 37 mini-keys, battery-powered portability, and huge KORG sound. For years, the microKORG has been a top-selling synthesizer. Now the microKORG XL joins KORG's popular lineup. The fun factor is huge, too. Korg includes a gooseneck microphone for instant vocoding excitement right out of the box.
Neo-Vintage Synth Power
The microKORG XL synthesizer carries a proud pedigree. The MMT (Multi Modeling Technology) sound engine is descended from the RADIAS/R3 synthesizers, while the dual effects processors come down from the famous KAOSS line. The black key/white key proportions have been adjusted for easier chording and playability; the key response has been improved for rapid-fire soloing. The square front keys give it that old-school feel too. Together with a sound-bending vocoder and six-pattern arpeggiation, KORG's microKORG XL packs a powerful sonic punch.
The 8-voice MMT synth engine offers traditional analog waveforms plus a total of 7 algorithms, including formant waveforms, noise, and PCM/DWGS waves for those vintage keyboards and strings. Cross-modulation, unison stacking, and VPM (Variable Phase Modulation) let you create sounds that would be impossible for a conventional PCM synthesizer. Sync and ring modulation make it easy to create complex and powerful sounds. Two multi-mode filters, a drive/wave-shaping circuit for distinctively distorted sounds, and EG and LFO for creating time-varying tonal change, provide plenty of parameters for serious synthesis. Virtual Patching brings it all together.
Seventeen up-to-the-minute effects deliver everything from a traditional chorus to grain shifting. In the delay, effects can be synchronized to MIDI clock for beat-sensitive situations. You can even process external sounds. The microKORG XL's amazing vocoder adds vocal characteristics to any sound, creating everything from talk-box filtering, pseudo choirs, talking instruments to vintage Sci-Fi robots. KORG's unique Formant Hold allows you to freeze the vocal input for continuous vocoder effects. Use the Formant Shift function to adjust the level and pan of each of the 16 bands, greatly altering the tonal character. The distinctive retro-styling allows for quick selection of any of the microKORG XL's 128 on-board, editable programs. For the diehard synthesists and sound designers, you can use the 3 performance edit knobs for fast, effective audio editing in performance. You're also free to select and assign your favorite parameters. Download the free editing software from the KORG website and manage sounds on your computer.
- XLR gooseneck microphone with windscreen
- Power adapter
- Display: Custom backlit LCD
- Keyboard: 37-note Natural Touch action
- Switches: 7; Bank (2 position), Octave Up and Down (toggle), Timbre select (2 position), Arp On/Off, Vocoder On/Off, Write, Exit/Shift
- Knobs: 7; Volume, tempo, program select (genre and category), real-time assign, edit menu selector
- Wheels: Pitch and Modulation
- Polyphony: 8 voices (up to 4 when the vocoder is selected)
- Program: 128
- Number of timbres: Maximum 2 (when using Layer, Split, or Multi)
- Synths: 2 (oscillator + noise generator)
- Waveform: Saw, Pulse, Triangle, Sine, Formant, Noise, PCM/DWGS, Audio In
- Modulation: Waveform, Cross, Unison, VPM
- Waveform: Saw, Pulse, Triangle, Sine
- Modulation: Ring, Sync, Ring+Sync
- WS-type: Drive, Decimator, Hardclip, Oct Saw, Multi Tri, Multi Sin, Sub Osc Saw, Sub Osc Squ, Sub Osc Tri, Sub Osc Sin, Level Boost