- Product 703232
Korg Pa2XPro 76-Key Professional Arranger Keyboard
- Write a Review
The interactive Korg PA2XPro arranger keyboard is the perfect musical partner for musicians, composers, performers, and entertainers. The Pa2XPro qui...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Takes the "work" out of workstation!
The interactive Korg PA2XPro arranger keyboard is the perfect musical partner for musicians, composers, performers, and entertainers. The Pa2XPro quickly transforms musical ideas into complete, polished productions. Guided by Korg's Real eXperience (RX) technology, the PA2XPro is a 76-key arranger that combines unbeatable sound, state-of-the-art effects, advanced MP3 features, comprehensive sample edit tools, fully realized musical styles and a sequencer loaded with compositional aids. Brimming with power, the Pa2XPro employs a slew of assignable controllers and a new motorized, full color TouchView interface, providing an intuitive and musical interface that will encourage your creativity--not stifle it.
Easy to use
With all the technological power packed inside, it was vital that Korg also made the Pa2X Pro easy to understand--and easy to use. But even more, Korg wanted the whole way you use the Pa2X Pro to be an intuitive, musical, fast, foolproof experience. The Pa2Xpro arranger's graphical user interface has an amazing Graphical Colour Touch Screen, so you simply think, point and click for easy and intuitive use--RX Technology at work for you! The screen of the Korg Pa2X Pro is a motorized tilting display with the capability to select the right viewing angle, and one of the 7 different background colors in the Graphical User Interface. You can be sure the display can be read in all lighting and performing conditions, a truly professional feature. A manual "clutch" allows you to adjust the motorized display, even with the power off.
Musicians of all levels can make great music quickly, with the 2 interface modes: EASY and EXPERT. The EASY mode shows only the most important controls while keeping a clean and easy interface, useful for beginners or for live performances. In EXPERT mode you have full editing control. Nothing stands between you and your professional performance.
The 2 Switches and 8 Sliders (the 9th acts always as an MP3 Volume control, except for Digital Drawbars) are fully assignable so your live performances work the way you want them to. Use the Sliders as Organ Drawbars, controlling the 9 footages of a tone wheel organ; or as volume controls for each part of a backing style or fir mic settings.
When you need more information, check out the multilingual contextual Help System that is standard on the Korg Pa2X Pro!
Touch control on sliders, knobs, drawbars and numeric fields
Don't simply watch--touch them! Sliders, knobs and drawbar positions will be changed directly by moving them on the touch screen. The same will happen with numeric fields: touch them, and then push forward to increase the value, pull back to decrease. Oh, and this is also valid for changing Tempo, for the smoothest accelerando and ritardando ever conceived!
Pro 76 keybed action
The 76-key keybed, designed for the demanding professional as well for expert pianists, has aftertouch and is velocity sensitive. The feel is great, and with a natural piano shape keys and the semi-weighted action, nothing stands between your inspiration and the music flow.
Of course, having power, feeling and ease of use mean nothing without great sound and the stunning high quality sound performance of the Pa2X Pro will impress any audience. Based on the EDS (Extended Definition Synthesis) engine found in the new Korg M3, the Pa2XPro keyboard arranger provides breathtaking sound. The Korg Pa2XPro also borrows the stunning multi-layer piano sound from our flagship C-720 Concert Piano.
Korg sound quality is universally recognized as superior, and relied on by musicians everywhere. For the Pa2X Pro, we redesigned what was already one of the most powerful synth sound engines available to give you an even richer, more detailed, sophisticated natural sound than ever before with musical instruments from almost every genre exploding with depth, nuance, subtlety, accuracy and richness. The sound memory of the Pa2X Pro has been largely increased to achieve the best sound quality possible boasting all new multi level samples of the instruments you know and love. Many of these also include also various levels of articulation so the polyphony has been also expanded to 120 notes to cover even busy passages.
There are more than 950 ROM sounds, including a new amazing multilayer stereo Acoustic Piano accurately sampled from a Concert Grand (and including String and Damper Pedal resonance!), plus 63 drum kits. In addition, the RAM area contains up to 256 user sounds and 64 drum kits and of course, there is full on board sound editing.
Still not enough sounds? Many professional musicians choose to add their own sounds and because the Pa2X Pro is dedicated to professional musicians, the full featured internal Sampler can load Wave, AIFF, Korg format files and of course the incredible Akai sample library ” about the largest sample library available ” into the standard 128MB of added memory (expandable to 256MB).
The Pa2X Pro also features professional editing facilities such as Loop, Cut, Normalize and Crop of samples. A special "Time Slice" feature allows you to slice audio grooves and import the audio data into a Style so you can create some of the coolest rhythms imaginable.
More Sound Expansion - with RX Technology!
When editing SMFs in Sequencer mode, the Pa2X Pro can automatically replace the Guitar sound with a high-quality RX Guitar sound while adding RX Noise to the track. This means that you can transform a flat SMF into an ultra-realistic Song with a real guitar player inside ” at the touch of a button!
But great sound is more than instruments. For many years, Korg has produced outstanding studio quality effects that are simply breathtaking. The Pa2X Pro has 4 Stereo Master Effects processors with 125 of these effects from the standards such as Reverb, Delay and Chorus through to specialised effects such as a fantastic Vocoder and some of the universally acclaimed REMS guitar based effects for authentic guitar tones. The TC Helicon vocal effects are separate and completely independently controlled.
Each Track features EQ with Low, Mid and High controls. A custom track EQ can be memorized in the general preferences for the Song Play mode. This will help adapting the sound to personal taste for any MIDIfile you play. Need a lighter Bass track? Save the right equalization, and the Bass will stay light with all the subsequent Songs.
A final semi-parametric EQ, with Low, Mid (with adjustable frequency) and High controls, is added to the sound output of the Pa2X Pro. Everything can be processed by this powerful and musically refined EQ, easily adapting the sound to your musical taste or correcting a problematic live context.
TC Helicon inside
To be sure that the vocal processing and harmonies of the Pa2X Pro are the best possible, we worked with a recognised world leader in audio technology - TC Electronics. The Pa2X Pro includes as standard the world acclaimed TC Helicon Voice Processor. This features EQ and professional quality effects like Compressor, Gate, Delay and Reverb, designed and shaped specifically for vocals. These effects, combined with the XLR/Combo balanced connection with switchable Phantom Power to connect even pro-studio condenser Mics, dedicated high quality Mic preamp and built in ultra realistic 3 voice Harmonizer ensure your vocals have the highest possible sound quality. The most important controls to keep your voice under control are available in the panel, using the user assignable Mic Slider Mode settings, and in the display's main page. Simply connect your microphone and start performing!
Do it with style
Take a drum groove, add some percussion, toss in a bass pattern and stir in up to five more instruments parts and you have the foundation for a Style. The Style section follows your chord changes and voice leading, enhancing your performance by adding everything from tasteful and authentic guitar picking to a tight drum and bass groove ” or even a full blown R & B rhythm section! The Pa2X Pro delivers a new set of deluxe styles, including 4 dedicated Pad tracks, programmed by some of the leading arrangers in the world each of whom worked according to their musical strengths. The result is hundreds of preloaded Styles that provide unparalleled realism and detail. Covering an expanded range of musical genres, the Pa2X Pro gives you styles for almost every important occasion.
Styles can be created from "scratch" or quickly assembled by combining parts from existing Styles We add further realism to your performance with Fill 3/Break, Intro 3/Count In and Ending 3 Style Elements. And if you are looking for more pre-written styles, you will be pleased at the exciting future for the Pa2X Pro with many new styles to be produced by both Korg and also independent 3rd party companies. Keep checking www.korgpa.com for more details!
Guitar Track and Fixed NTT for Styles
Guitar Mode allows any musician to easily create realistic guitar parts using real guitar neck positions. Guitar tracks are usually a challenge for every Style and Song writer (possibly even more than the Drums track!). Mostly, the results of guitar tracks entered into Styles and MIDI songs are artificial, unmusical playing, often in need of deep editing. The Pa2X Pro, however, offers a unique and powerful approach to program and play realistic guitar performances!
The Pa2X Pro arranger include also the Fixed NTT, a feature that moves as few notes as possible while creating the style backing tracks, making legato lines and chord changes far more natural for instruments like strings, piano, mute guitar, etc. RX Technology at work: Listen - and Believe.
Korg introduced the world's first Arranger keyboard with two separate MIDIfile players and Cross-Fader in the legendary Pa80 and our Pa2X Pro showcases these double sequencer features working at an all new power level. In addition, the Pa2X Pro supports the main musical formats such as Standard Midi File, Karaoke files, General MIDI Level 1 & 2 and of course is able to display lyrics and chords in most popular karaoke formats. Further improving on Korg's XDS Double Sequencer concept, two MP3 files can play at the same time, as in a double DJ turntable or CD player. MP3 files start immediately, and can be freely transposed, accelerated or slowed down as if they were MIDIfiles. No need for external players or controllers - they are all included and working in a highly-integrated environment!
The standard MP3 board allow also for recording your entire performance (including Vocals and Pa2X Pro sounds) in MP3 format: Pa2X Pro a complete recording studio in your hands. There is also a practical Marker function to allow you to jump directly to a given position in the song: you can fix the markers using the internal sequencer (or using a computer based one ” the marker format is standard) and then remix your favourite songs during a live performance for added spontaneity.
Sequencer & Backing Sequence
Along with a powerful and fully programmable multi track sequencer, you can use Backing Sequences to create songs based over styles ” quickly and easily. You don't need to be a master programmer ” you can write your own song in minutes: even beginners can easily create songs using the step edit feature. This approach is useful for home or studio use when you want to create great sounding songs or professional backing music for films, video, multimedia and internet applications very quickly.
This exciting feature was developed to make your life easier especially while playing live. The SongBook is a Musical Database, completely user programmable, containing all the settings needed to play a particular song. You have only to search the title of the song you would like to play, select it and hit "Play". The SongBook can use Styles, MIDIfiles, Karaoke and MP3 and immediately recall settings such as Song Title, Genre, Artist, Tempo, Volumes, Sounds, Muted Tracks, FX settings, Easy Edit, 4 STS*, 4 Pads, Master Transpose and more. Everything you need to play your song back perfectly is in the SongBook, a useful musical feature that is unique to Korg - the only Arranger keyboards available with all these sophisticated controls.
(*STS - Single Touch Settings is a memory that recalls sounds for all the real time tracks (upper1, 2, 3 & lower).
You can configure and edit almost anything in the Pa2X Pro. You can modify and save Styles, Pad, Performances, Sounds, Songs, SongBook, settings for Sliders, Switches, Pedals, Global (Midi channels, output routings, etc.) and more for both, internal and external control.
Scales are fully programmable and include Quarter Tone settings and a programmable Arabic Scale. If you are playing an organ sound, you will enjoy using the 9 Sliders as Drawbars. With all of this control, the Pa2X Pro also functions as a superb MIDI controller (Master Keyboard).
A complete Media edit section is available for files and folders handling including load, save, delete, copy, rename, backup, restore, delete, etc. functions for internal and external USB connected drives. During your extensive editing sessions the internal clock will fix the correct date and time in your files: another invaluable feature that all Pros will love!
Naturally, the Pa2X Pro has all the connectivity you need including 4 separate balanced/unbalanced analog audio outputs, 2 balanced/unbalanced analog line inputs, 1 XLR/Combo Balanced Mic input with switchable Phantom Power, 1 USB Device and 2 USB Host connections. And because the Pa2X Pro is a fully professional product, the digital output (in S/P DIF coaxial format) is standard. The optional VIF4 Graphical Video Interface (available in PAL or NTSC standard formats) can display on an external TV monitor either just the lyrics (useful for Karaoke) or clone the on board display.
The Pa2X Pro has two USB Host connections available to connect standard Pen drives, external hard drives, DVD-CD players or even a Floppy Disk. One Host is located in the front panel for quick access in real time, while the second Host is on the back panel. A further USB Device connection is available for the Pa2X Pro to connect with a computer (PC or Mac) for fast exchange of large amounts of data from the internal SSD memory and Hard Disk or as a MIDI connection without the need for extra MIDI computer interfaces.
Hard Disk Drive
Of course, a huge capacity Hard Disk is standard on board for storing everything you need - and everything you record during a performance using the exciting MP3 record feature!
And if you have been one of the many longstanding Korg Arranger users you will be happy to know that even though the Pa2X Pro is all new, it is also compatible with the Korg "i-series" style format and with any "musical" Pa50, Pa60, Pa80, Pa1X file. This means your Pa50, Pa60, Pa80 and Pa1X sound programs work in the Pa2X Pro as well so you can keep your favourite Sounds, Styles, Songs, and Performances while benefiting from a cutting edge keyboard. Of course, the Pa2X Pro is fully compatible with Pa800 data.
Expandable & Updatable
Even though it comes with almost every features you could want, the Pa2X Pro offer useful options such as the Graphic Video Interface (PAL/NTSC compatible), a memory expansion up to 256 MB for sampling and a variety of Foot Pedals. Not only you can expand your Pa2X Pro to perfectly fit your needs, you can also easily keep it constantly updated to new exciting features with the new operating systems available as free downloads from www.korgpa.com, ensuring your investment is always protected!
- Keyboard: 76 semi-weighted keys with Velocity and Aftertouch
- System: OPOS (Objective Portable Operating System) and RX (Real eXperience) Technology ” Multitasking, Load while play feature ” Upgradable Operative System ” SSD Solid State Disk
- Tone Generator: KORG EDS (Enhanced Definition Synthesis) sound generator: 120 Voices, 120 Oscillators ” Filters with Resonance ” Three band EQ for each track
- Effects: 4 Stereo Digital Multi-Effect systems ” 124 Effects types plus VOCODER ” Final semiparametric three band EQ ” Voice Processor Technology by TC Helicon: Three-part Harmonizer, Reverb, Delay, Compressor, EQ, Gate
- Sounds-Drum Kits: More than 950, including a Stereo Piano and GM Level 1 & 2 compatible Sounds, 63 Drum Kits ” User area: 256 Sounds, 64 Drum Kits ” Digital Drawbars: 9 Footages ” Realtime controls: Assignable Sliders ” Full editing of Sounds and Drum Kits ” Sampling: Record, Edit, Time Slice, Load/Import of Korg, Wav, Aiff and Akai files ” Export of Wav and Aiff files ” PCM RAM Memory: 128 MB standard, expandable up to 256 MB with the optional EXB-M256 memory expansion board
- Styles: More than 400 preloaded Styles, SSD-resident, freely reconfigurable ” Up to 960 available Style locations including the Favorite banks ” Eight Style tracks, 4 Single Touch Settings, 4 Pads and one Style Performance per Style ” Guitar Track mode, Parallel and Fixed NTT ” Compatible with old "i-Series" and Pa series Style format ” Style Record with Step Record, Track and Event Edit functions ” Style controls: 3 Intros, 4 Variations, 3 Fills, 3 Endings, Synchro Start/Stop, Tap Tempo/Reset, Fade In/Out, Bass Inversion, Manual Bass, Tempo Lock, Memory, Accompaniment/Real Time Track Balance Volume, Accompaniment Mute, Drum Mapping, Snare & Kick Designation, Single Touch
- Performance/STS: 320 Realtime Performance locations ” STS: Memorize Realtime tracks and Voice Processor settings, up to 4 x 960 Styles, up to 4 x SongBook entries
- Realtime Tracks: Four Keyboard tracks (Upper 1, 2, 3, Lower) ” 4 Pad tracks
- Song Play: Patented XDS Crossfade Dual Sequencer Player compatible with SMF (formats 0 and 1), KAR and MP3 files ” 2 Players with separate Select, Start/Stop, Home, Rewind and Fast Forward controls ” X-Fader Balance control ” Lyrics and Chord data can be displayed on-screen, or on an external video monitor (with VIF4 option installed) ” Markers ” Jukebox function
- MP3 Player/Recorder: Double MP3 Player and MP3 Recorder. Possibility to Play two MP3 files at the same time in Song Play Mode with Real Time Transpose (+6/-5 semitones) and Tempo change(±30%). Record MP3 files including Styles, SMF, Real Time Tracks, Pads, Microphone and Effects
- Sequencer: Quick Record (Backing Sequence), Multitrack and Step Record functions ” Full-featured sequencer ” 16 tracks ” Up to 200,000 events ” SMF native format
- SongBook: Fully programmable music database, based on Styles, SMF, Karaoke, MP3 with automatic selection of Style Play and Song Play modes ” User-definable custom lists ” Filtering and Ordering options
- Compatibility: "i-Series" models: Styles ” Pa series: Style, Performance, Program/Sound, Song, SongBook, Pad
- Multi Pad: 4 Assignable Pads + Stop Button. Pad Record function
- Help System: Hypertextual, Contextual, Multilingual
- General Controls: Master Volume, Real Time-Acc/Seq Balance Volume, Ensemble, Octave Transpose, Master Transpose, Style Change, Quarter Tone and Arabic Scale memorized inside Performance/STS ” Realtime controllers: Joystick (pitch + modulation), 8 Assignable Sliders, MP3 Volume, 2 Assignable Switches, Dial, Up/+, Down/-
- Control Inputs: Damper Pedal, Assignable Pedal/Switch, EC-5 (Programmable Multi-Switches)
- Analog Output: Unbalanced/Balanced Jack Left/Mono, Right/Mono, Out 1, Out 2, Headphones (in the front panel)
- Digital Output: S/P DIF (48 kHz ” coaxial) mirroring the Main Stereo Outputs
- Line Input: 2 Unbalanced/Balanced Jack Left/Mono, Right/Mono
- Microphone Input: Combo XLR balanced with Gain control (20 to 55 dB) and switchable Phantom Power
- MIDI: In, Out, Thru standard Midi connectors- USB to Midi using the USB Device port ” Individual track assignment ” 8 user definable MIDI Setups
- USB: 2 USB Host Front/Rear (2.0 Hi Speed) and 1 USB Device Rear (1.1 Full Speed) connections
- Hard Disk:
- Standard internal 2.5" ATA Hard Disk Drive
- DVD-CD Player ” Floppy Disk:
- Optional using standard USB DVD/CD/FD Drives to be connected to USB Host ports
- Display: Motorized Tilt Display ” Resolution: 320 x 240 pixels ” Color TouchView Graphic Touch Screen
- Clock: Internal System Clock
- Consumption: 30 Watt
- Dimensions: 1207 / 47.52" (W) 365 / 14.37" (D) 136 / 5.35" (H) mm / inch without music stand and with the display fully lowered
- Weight: 18 kg / 39.68 lbs
- Accessories: Manual, AC Power Cable, Music Stand, CD-Rom
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Korg Pa2XPro 76-Key Professional Arranger Keyboard:
I've tried all other brands: KETRON, YAMAHA, ROLAND, GEM, etc, etc. and for overall value Korg has no real comparision. Customer service, availability, features, quality are top of the line. I hope this helps somebody.
So far, this is the most featured workstation I've ever had. Easy to use and very intuitive and inspiring.
I've been using this keyboard for more than a year. Its a a roadhorse. The buttons are high quality and strong and well as the sliders. Great motorized color touchscreen too. The color of panel makes it very good and readable in low light conditions. It's a little heavy though.
Its little bit high priced but if you compare it with the competition brands you will find out all other are pricey as well.