- Product H68511
Korg PA800 w/Dual MP3 & 80GB HD
- Write a Review
Designed for the serious professional performer, the Pa800 Elite features all the same great capabilities as the original Pa800, and adds an 80 GB in...Read More
We're sorry—this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Similar Items:
We're sorry—this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Similar Items:
Designed for the serious professional performer, the Pa800 Elite features all the same great capabilities as the original Pa800, and adds an 80 GB internal hard disk and dual MP3 playback/encoding function standard. With these additions you can bring thousands of songs (SMF, MP3) to your gig to play along with or use during breaks, plus you can record your full performance (including vocals) to MP3 to share/sell/enjoy.
Alone or in a combo setting, the Pa800 offers unprecedented expression and sonic excellence. The Style engine can add anything from a simple backbeat, an extra guitar strumming along, on up to a rollickin' R & B rhythm section to augment and enhance your performance – in real time! And our XDS Crossfade Dual Songplayer guarantees the music never stops.
The Songwriting Station
Transform a handful of musical ideas into complete backing tracks in minutes. The key is our dynamic sequencer. Freely switch between Style-driven "Quick Record"; traditional "Track at a time" workstation and "Step Entry/Edit" Modes without losing your data. This flexibility allows you to use all of the Pa composition tools to sculpt your song.
The Pa800 is your interactive production music library – without any needle-drop charges or royalty clearance. Need to create fourteen seconds of flamenco dance? Need to fill a twelve second musical cue in a country/western bar? Need a thirty second donut of Brazilian dance music? With hundreds of musical Styles instantly available, your production chores just got easier.
Nothing puts an instrument to the test like a modern worship service. TC HELICON vocal effects and 3-part harmonies can transform your voice into a mini-choir to lead the congregation with confidence. A full array of sounds are available: grand piano, bells, strings, harps and trumpets along with plenty of solid keyboard sounds – including electric pianos, harpsichord, and that all important drawbar organ! The Style engine can fill in for any missing member of your worship team. Add the Video Output option and project MIDI or text lyrics as you perform.
The Real eXperience of Sound
Powered by Korg's Real eXperience (RX) technology, the Pa800 actually incorporates a number of sophisticated sound technologies. The EDS sound engine is borrowed from Korg's top of the line M3 and M50 workstations to provide an even richer, more detailed, sophisticated natural sound than ever before, with musical instruments from almost every genre exploding with depth, nuance, subtlety, accuracy and richness. We even used several sounds from OASYS (the most powerful synthesizer ever made) helping the Pa800 set a new standard for arranger keyboards. Plus, we even tossed in a modeled organ with on-screen drawbar control!
The Pa800 offers two assignable switches and a four-way joystick providing versatile real-time control. In addition to the damper pedal, assignable pedal and assignable footswitch inputs, there is also connection for the optional EC-5, which offers five individually assignable footswitches on a single pedal board so you can keep your hands on the keyboard.
Defined Nuance Control
The DNC (Defined Nuance Control) system introduced with OS2 adds the fine control needed to realistically articulate different instruments. For example, a single guitar sound may play a harmonic, a mute note, a soft note, a loud note, a pull-off; we've even included the sound of the pick lifting off the string when you release the key. Overblown and triple-tongued flutes, brass slides and falls – all of the facets that provide an instrument with its own identity are preserved and easily replicated during performance by the natural gestures of using the Defined Nuance Control as you play. With up to 16 oscillators available per note in a single sound, the breadth and range of realism is truly astounding. Based on the same EDS that powers the popular M3, the Pa800 offer a sound quality like no other.
The sound memory of the Pa800 has been largely increased to achieve the best sound quality possible boasting all new multi-level samples of the instruments you know and love. Many of these also include also various levels of articulation so the polyphony has been also expanded to 120 notes to cover even busy passages.
There are more than 950 ROM sounds, including a new amazing multilayer stereo acoustic piano accurately sampled from a Concert Grand (and including String and Damper pedal Resonance!), plus an extra 64 drum kits. In addition, the User area contains up to 256 user sounds and 64 drum kits and of course, there is full on board sound editing.
All together now
Need to switch sounds fast? STS (Single Touch Setting) buttons allow you to have up to four sounds split and layered across the keyboard and switch them all instantly with a single button press. Four STS assignments can be saved independently for each Style. Each of the Performance settings can instantly recall the Style, Sounds, effects, tempo, key and scale used to perform a particular song. Each of the four Pads can also be assigned to a sound effect, instrument solo / arpeggio, or even one of your own riffs or phrases. Advanced features such as Syncro Start/Stop, Fade In/Out, Tap Tempo, Bass Inversion and Manual Bass allow you to spontaneously add complex and professional touches to your performances.
Still not enough sounds? Many professional musicians choose to add their own sounds and because the Pa800 is dedicated to professional musicians, you can load Wave, AIFF, Korg format files and of course the incredible Akai sample library – about the largest sample library available – into the standard 64MB of added memory. The Pa800 also features professional editing facilities such as loop, cut, normalize and cropping of samples. A special "Time Slice" feature allows you to slice audio grooves and import the audio data into a Style so you can create some of the coolest rhythms imaginable.
But great sound is more than instruments. For many years, Korg has produced outstanding studio quality effects that are simply breathtaking. The Pa800 has four Stereo Master Effects processors with 125 of these effects, ranging from the standards such as Reverb, Delay and Chorus through to specialized effects such as a fantastic Vocoder and some of the universally acclaimed REMS guitar based effects for authentic guitar tones.
Each Track features EQ with Low, Mid and High controls. A custom track EQ can be memorized in the general preferences for the Song Play mode. This will help shape the sound to your personal taste for any MIDIfile you play. Need a lighter Bass track? Save the right equalization, and the Bass will stay light with all the subsequent Songs. A final semi-parametric EQ, with Low, Mid (with adjustable frequency) and High controls, is added to the sound output of the Pa800. Everything can be processed by this powerful and musically refined EQ, easily adapting the sound to your musical taste or correcting a problematic live context.
TC Helicon Vocal Technologies
The Pa800 includes the world acclaimed TC Helicon Voice Processor as standard equipment, to ensure that the vocal processing and harmonies of the Pa800 were the best possible. The EQ and professional quality effects (Compressor, Reverb, Delay) are designed and shaped specifically for vocals. These effects, combined with the built in 3-part vocal harmonizer and dedicated high quality mic preamp, provide your vocals with the highest possible sound quality. The most important controls to keep your voice under control are located on the panel or available in the display's main page. Simply connect your microphone and start performing!
The Elements of Style
The heart of all Korg Pa instruments is their powerful Style engine. A Style is basically a collection of drum grooves, bass lines, and other instrumental parts that can be mixed together, transposed, and used as the building blocks for creating your song. Each Style is a self-contained song creation environment that includes variations, fill-ins, an introduction and an ending – all themed to a particular musical style and genre. You can chose which parts you want to use, set the mix, select which sound each part will use, edit and re-map drumkits, and assign various effects. Or you can use each Style as it is, using the settings created by our world-wide team of ace musicians. By constantly analyzing the notes you play on the keyboard for voice leading and chord content, the Pa Style engine is always in tune with your musical performance. And if you are looking for more pre-written styles, you will be pleased at the exciting future for the Pa800 with many new styles to be produced by both Korg and also independent 3rd party companies.
Guitar Track and Fixed NTT for Styles
Guitar Mode allows any musician to easily create realistic guitar parts using real guitar neck positions. Guitar tracks are usually a challenge for every Style and Song writer (possibly even more than the Drums track!). Too often, the guitar tracks entered into MIDI songs are artificial, unmusical playing, often in need of deep editing. The Pa800, however, offers a unique and powerful approach to program and play realistic guitar parts from the keyboard. The Pa800 arranger include also the Fixed NTT, a feature that moves as few notes as possible while creating the style backing tracks, making legato lines and chord changes far more natural for instruments like strings, piano, mute guitar, etc. Another example of our RX Technology at work: Listen – and Believe.
View your Songs as traditional music notation
The Score Viewer displays the lead track (or any other track) as clear and plain traditional musical notations with notes or chords, together with lyrics and chord abbreviations. For music learners, we also added a function to show note names next to each note. The Score Viewer automatically adapts the score display to the track's key and clef, with automatic beaming, spacing and bar placement. Triplets and accidentals are automatically recognized. A sophisticated interpretation algorithm cleans up the score display, to allow for easy reading even with rubato (non-quantized) playing.
Creative Sequencing Scenarios
In addition to traditional "track at a time" workstation sequencing, the Backing Sequencer allows you to create songs quickly and easily by capturing multiple Style driven parts at once. You don't need to be a master programmer – even beginners can write their own song in minutes. In fact, you don't even need to play at all! Using the Step Edit/Entry feature, you can simply type in the chord changes, fills and style changes in step-time – a big boost for arrangers and non-keyboardists. Once it's done, you can even try out your finished song as a Latin bossa or a country ballad, making it easy to find the right feel. This quick approach to programming is also useful in the studio for creating professional, great-sounding backing music for commercial, film, video, multimedia or internet applications. The sequencer provides massive editing power – you can even edit the tone parameters of each track.
Korg introduced the world's first Arranger keyboard with two separate MIDI file players, and the Pa800 showcases these double sequencer features working at an all new power level. In addition, the Pa800 supports the main musical formats such as SMF (Standard MIDI File), Karaoke files, GM (General MIDI) and MP3 (with the optional "Dual MP3 Expansion Board" installed on the Pa800; standard on the PA800 Elite) and of course is able to display lyrics in most popular karaoke formats. There is also a practical Marker function to allow you to jump directly to a given position in the song: you can fix the markers using the internal sequencer (or using a computer based one – the marker format is standard) and then remix your favorite songs during a live performance for added spontaneity.
The exciting SongBook feature was developed to make your life easier while playing live or while working on that next big hit. The SongBook is a Musical Database, completely user programmable, containing all the settings needed to play a particular song. You have only to search for the song you would like to play by Song Title, Genre, Artist, Tempo, etc. and press "play". Each SongBook entry will instantly recall every setting you've saved in order to play that song perfectly – Sounds, Style, Performance, Volumes, Muted Tracks, FX settings, Easy Edit, STS settings, Master Transpose and more. This indispensable musical feature is unique to Korg.
Easy to use
With all the technological power packed inside, it was vital that we also made the Pa800 easy to understand and easy to use. But even more, we wanted the whole way you use the Pa800 to be an intuitive, musical, fast, foolproof experience. Our graphical user interface uses an amazing Graphical Color Touch Screen so you simply think, point and click for easy and intuitive use – RX Technology at work for you!
With one of the 7 different background colors in the Graphical User Interface, you can be sure the display can be read in all lighting and performing conditions, a truly professional feature
So that musicians of all levels can make great music quickly, there are two interface modes: Easy and Expert.
The Easy mode shows only the most important controls while keeping a clean and straightforward interface, useful for beginners or playing live, while in Expert mode you have full editing control. Nothing stands between you and your professional performance. Switches and sliders are assignable so your live performances work the way you want. And when you need more information, check out the multilingual contextual Help System that is always just a button press away!
You can configure and edit almost anything in the Pa800. You can modify and save Styles, Performances, Sounds; settings for Sliders, Switches, Pads, Global (MIDI channels, output routings, etc.) and more for both internal and external control. Scales are fully programmable and include quarter tone settings (4 memories for instant recall) and a programmable Arabic Scale. With all of this control, the Pa800 also functions as a superb MIDI controller (Master Keyboard).
Naturally, the Pa800 has all the connectivity you need, including 4 separate audio outputs, 2 mic/line inputs with separate gain, 2 USB Host connections and 1 USB (Device) connection. The optional VIF4 graphic video interface (available in PAL or NTSC standard formats) can send lyrics or scores to be displayed on an external TV monitor.
The Pa800 has two USB Host connections available to connect standard pen drives, external hard drives, CD-ROM or even a floppy disk. One Host is to connect other USB devices from the front panel for quick access in real time, while the second Host is on the back panel. A further USB Device connection is available for the Pa800 to connect with a PC for fast exchange of large amounts of data or as a MIDI connection without the need for extra MIDI computer interfaces.
The custom designed amplification system is exceptionally high quality. The 2 x 22 Watt amplifiers drive the 2 tweeters and the 2 x 10" woofers in a bass-reflex box to generate a powerful listening experience. Loudness and Fixed EQ boost the overall volume to deliver a big sound!
And if you have been one of the many longstanding Korg Arranger users you will be happy to know that the Pa800 is also compatible with the Korg i-series style format and with all Pa50, Pa500/588, Pa60, Pa80, Pa1X files. This means your Pa50, Pa60, Pa80 and Pa1X Sounds and Styles work in the Pa800 as well so you can keep your favorite sounds and styles while benefiting from a cutting edge keyboard.
Expandable & Updatable
Even though it comes with almost every feature you could want, the Pa800 has many useful expansion options:
• EXBP-Dual MP3 – Dual MP3 Expansion Board: Dual MP3 Player – MP3 Recorder. Reads MP3 audio files in any format, including MP3 with Lyrics. Records (with optional Hard Disk or Pen Drive installed) entire performances, including sounds and vocals, in MP3 format.
• Hard disk installation kit: for adding standard 2.5" ATA hard disk drive (not included) with a capacity of up to 2 terabytes. (Note: The Limited Edition Pa800 Elite includes the previous two options, pre-installed, as standard equipment.)
• VIF4 Graphic Video Interface: to display lyrics or the on board TouchView display on an external monitor or TV (PAL or NTSC formats).
The perfect instrument to satisfy all of your musical ambitions
- RX Technology – the Pa800 Real eXperience means up to SIXTEEN
- oscillators per program, with multi-level dynamics and extensive realtime
- control… The realism is unparalleled
- Color TouchView Interface is incredibly EASY TO USE… you'll be
- navigating through the Pa800 in no time
- New Easy Mode displays the most frequently-used controls, so you're
- always in command of your favorite features!
- Huge collection of pristine sample data provides over 1000 factory
- sounds with Korg's legendary programming
- Enhanced Style Functions – 544 Style locations (419 pre-loaded)
- Styles can be up to 32 bars long, with 3 intros, 3 fills, 4 variations and
- 3 endings. Tap-Tempo, Reset & Fade in/out
- 16-Bit/48kHz Sampling (64 MB RAM) with Auto Time Slice/Extend
- and more editing functions. Loads AIFF, WAV, Korg and AKAI data.
- A real effects powerhouse, with over 100 different effects, including
- Korg's acclaimed REMS guitar-based effects!
- 320 programmable Performance settings let you recall your
- favorite settings at the touch of a button
- Songbook feature lets you create a searchable database of your
- Performance settings- by title, artist, tempo, key- and instantly
- recall one to recreate that song. A SongBook entry can also be a
- MIDI file on a USB PenDrive!
- Multi-Channel Backing Sequencer to instantly record up to 8
- backing tracks and up to four real time tracks – each to a
- separate track – all in one pass!
- XDS Dual Sequencer allows you to cue one song while you're
- playing a different one… The crossfader allows smooth or
- immediate transitions from one song to the next, creating a
- seamless performance every time
- TC Helicon vocal processing works with the onboard mic input
- for powerful effects and three-part harmony
- USB computer connectivity, plus two USB 2.0 Host ports for
- various media storage
Order this Pro arranger with built-in speakers today!
PA800 w/Dual MP3 & 80GB HD
- Keyboard: 61 keys with Velocity and Aftertouch
- RX (Real eXperience) Technology
- OPOS (Objective Portable Operating System) Multitasking (Load while play feature)
- Upgradable Operative System
- SSD Solid State Disk
- Tone Generator:
- KORG HI Synthesis (Hyper Integrated)
- 120 Voices, 120 Oscillators
- Filters with Resonance
- EQ for each track
- 4 Stereo Digital Multi-Effect systems
- 124 Effects types plus VOCODER
- Voice Processor Technology by TC Helicon: Three-part Harmonizer, Reverb, Delay, Compressor, EQ
- Sounds & Drum Kits:
- More than 950, including a Stereo Piano and GM Level 2 compatible Sounds
- 63 Drum Kits – User area: 256 Sounds, 64 Drum Kits
- Digital Drawbars: 8 Footages
- Realtime control: Assignable Sliders
- Full editing of Sounds and Drum Kits
- Sampling: Record, Edit, Time Slice, Load/Import of Korg, Wav, Aiff and Akai files
- Export of Wav and Aiff files
- PCM RAM Memory: 64 MB standard
- More than 400 preloaded Styles, SSD-resident, freely reconfigurable
- Up to 960 available Style locations including the Favorite banks
- Eight Style tracks, 4 Single Touch Settings and one Style Performance per Style
- Compatible with old "i-Series" and Pa series Style format
- Style Record with Step Record, Track and Event Edit functions
- Style controls: 4 Variations, 3 Fills, 3 Intros, 3 Endings, Synchro Start/Stop, Tap Tempo/Reset, Fade
- In/Out, Bass Inversion, Manual Bass, Tempo Lock, Memory, Accompaniment/Real Time Track
- Balance Volume, Accompaniment Mute, Drum Mapping, Snare & Kick Designation, Single Touch
- 320 Realtime Performance locations
- STS: Memorize Realtime tracks and Voice Processor settings, up to 4 x 960 Styles, up to 4 x
- SongBook entries
- Realtime Tracks:
- Four Keyboard tracks (Upper 1, 2, 3, Lower)
- 4 Pad tracks
- Song Play:
- Patented XDS Crossfade Dual Sequencer player
- 2 Sequencers with separate Select, Start/Stop, Home, Rewind and Fast Forward controls
- Balance control
- Lyrics data can be displayed on-screen, or on an external video monitor (with VIF4 option installed)
- Jukebox function
- Compatible with (formats 0 and 1)
- Quick Record (Backing Sequence), Multitrack and Step Record functions
- Full-featured sequencer
- 16 tracks
- Up to 200,000 events
- SMF native format
- Fully programmable music database, based on Styles, SMF, Karaoke with automatic selection of Style Play and Song Play modes User-definable custom lists
- Filtering options
- "i-Series" models: Styles
- Pa series: Style, Performance, Program/Sound, Song, SongBook
- Multi Pad:
- 4 Assignable Pads + Stop Button.
- Pad Record function
- Help System: Hypertextual, Contextual, Multilingual
- General Controls:
- Master Volume
- Real Time-Acc/Seq Balance Volume, Ensemble
- Octave Transpose
- Master Transpose
- Style Change
- Quarter Tone and Arabic Scale memorized inside Performance/STS
- Realtime controllers:
- Joystick (pitch + modulation)
- 2 Assignable Sliders
- 2 Assignable Switches
- Dial, Up/+, Down/-
- Control Inputs: Damper Pedal (Support Half-Pedaling), Assignable Pedal/Switch, EC-5 (Programmable Multi-Switches)
- Analog Output: Unbalanced Jack Left/Mono, Right, Out 1, Out 2, Headphones
- Analog Input: 2 Unbalanced/Balanced (automatic switch) Jack Line In with separate Gain control
- In, Out, Thru standard MIDI connectors
- USB MIDI using the USB Device port
- Individual track assignment
- 8 user definable MIDI Setups
- USB: 2 Host Front/Rear (2.0 Hi Speed) and 1 Device Rear (1.1 Full Speed) connections
- Hard Disk: 80GB
- CD Player/Writer – Floppy Disk: Optional standard USB CD-Drives to be connected to USB Host port
- Display: 320 x 240 pixels, Color TouchView Graphic Touch Screen
- 2 x 22 W
- Fixed EQ
- 4 Speakers (10 cm Woofers + Tweeters)
- 2 way in Bass Reflex Box
- Consumption: 40 Watt
- Dimensions: 43.7" (W) x 15.3" (D) x 7.1" (H) [Not including music stand]
- Weight: 29.3 lbs
- Accessories: Manual, AC Power Cable, Music Stand, CD-Rom