- J51951 000000000 J51951000000000
Korg SV-1 73-Key Stage Vintage Piano Limited Edition Metallic Red
- Write a Review
The Korg SV-173 Stage Vintage contains hip, in-demand, and soul-satisfying keyboard sounds collected together in a single instrument. This is a speci...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A 73-key hammer-action vintage piano in limited edition Metallic Red finish.
The Korg SV-173 Stage Vintage contains hip, in-demand, and soul-satisfying keyboard sounds collected together in a single instrument. This is a special limited edition of the instrument, offered in Metallic Red for an even more striking stage appearance. Decades of electro-mechanical, transistorized, tape-driven, analog, and digital legends are joined by a collection of rich acoustic pianos, all reproduced with stunning realism. The SV-173 is about much more than excellent sound; it re-creates the look, feel, and visceral pleasure of performing on a vintage instrument. This version affords 73 keys, a real convenience for a lot of different repertoires.
Crafted using KORG's RX (Real eXperience) technology, each sound is a detailed and authentic re-creation, accurately capturing the full range of expression and dynamics of the original. Every element has been preserved”the snap of the tine, the release of the hammer, and the click of the contacts. By isolating these sonic components, the RX engine allows you to create a sonic signature from showroom-shiny to road-ravaged, adding just the right amount to suit your taste.
The KORG SV-1 also recreates the effect pedals and studio processing that gave these sounds their original luster. The proven, tube-driven (12AX7) Valve Reactor circuit adds warmth and realism to period-accurate amplifier models. Together, the three-band EQ, Pre-FX, Modulation FX, and Reverb/Delay add yet another dimension of authenticity to your playing.
Designed with performance in mind, the SV-173 is a pleasure to play. The RH3 real weighted hammer action is one of the finest keybeds that KORG offers, with a solid, responsive feel that inspires confidence. You can forget menus, never mind banks and programs, and stop staring at displays because the SV-1's entire front panel is always live, using clearly labeled knobs to dial up exactly the sound you're looking for. Saving your eight favorite settings for quick recall is as easy as saving a station on your car radio.
The SV-1 piano keyboard provides an economical, reliable, portable, and maintenance-free alternative to collecting and maintaining a stable of vintage instruments. The cabinet styling clearly defines the Korg SV-1 as an instrument that was made to be played, providing a retro-chic appearance that reflects the pulse and heart of the original instruments.
This KORG keyboard provides many signature variations of classic instruments to inspire your performance. The 36 sounds of the SV-1 allow you to rediscover hit-making vintage electric pianos, funky clavichords, classic and cult-favorite organs, string machines, and of course, pianos. The SV-1 also serves up breathtaking grand piano sounds, real-deal upright piano sounds, plus the sounds of hall-of-fame electronic contenders. Each category of instrument starts with the essential classics and then moves beyond what standard products offer, going into rare and unique instruments that were part of the soundtrack of their eras. For example, the electric pianos start with several seven-way velocity switched "tine" versions, continue through the classic "reed" based model, and then into a vintage analog "electra" instrument (all from American manufacturers), as well as two different Japanese mid-80's digital classics.
The acoustic pianos include three-way stereo versions of both German and Japanese grand piano giants, a more intimate upright piano, a much-needed mono piano for small gigs, a late '70s to mid 80's Japanese electro-acoustic variation, KORG's signature and rocking SG-1D, plus some blended sounds. Organs include three variations of the classic tonewheel model, the most famous British and Italian combo organs, and the first-known offering of a signature American tube-driven console organ.
Clavichords include four variations of tonal settings plus a related keyboard sound from the same manufacturer that used a plucked-reed mechanism to achieve a unique and intimate sound. Add in real, tape-based and analog strings, choir, and a couple of fat analog synth sounds and you have an incredibly versatile palette to perform with.
Each of the core keyboards has been accurately sampled including tine, key-off, damper, and hammer noises at different velocities. Tonewheel organs include the much-needed leakage and adjustable key-click. KORG even sampled piano cabinet resonances to enhance the accuracy of their acoustic pianos. By isolating these sonic components, the RX engine allows you to create a sonic signature sound, adding just the right amounts to suit your individual taste. This attention to detail, called the RX Experience, is what makes playing the SV-1 such a joy. It comes to life in your hands with a 3-dimensional sound, allowing the electro-mechanical legends to be reborn again.
Period-accurate amps and effects
The superb sound generation of the SV-1 is further enhanced with the inclusion of six separate stages of signal processing, all bypass-able:
Equalizer (bass, middle, and treble): Controllable from the front panel, the EQ allows you to shape the tonal quality of your sound in real time.
Pre FX (Compression, Boost, U-Vibe, Chorus/Vibrato, Tremolo, Wah): This section provides the essential effects for pre-treating your sound or adding some vintage vibe, with some classic effects modeled by KORG's legendary guitar effects designers. Add a sweep pedal (KORG's EXP-2 or XVP-10) to get funky with the Wah.
Amp Model (Amp Modeling, cabinet simulation and noise reduction): A wealth of amp heads and speaker cabinets are available to add color, drive, and edge to your sound. Plus, KORG's exclusive Valve Reactor circuitry adds the warmth or snarl that only a real 12AX7 tube can provide.
Modulation FX (Chorus 1 and 2, Phaser 1 and 2, Flanger, and Rotary): Some of the most famous stomp-box pedals have been recreated to give you the signature sounds for these legendary timbres. KORG's rotary speaker emulation has long been acclaimed, faithfully adding nuance and motion to any organ sound.
Reverb/Delay (Room, Plate, Hall, Spring, Tape Echo, and Stereo Delay): Four types of reverb are provided, along with a classic tape-echo, plus a tempo-based digital delay complete with a tap tempo switch.
This final step in the chain ensures your level remains balanced across all sounds and is adjustable only through the included computer editor/librarian software.
Zero learning curve
The user interface has been designed with performance in mind. Every essential control is quickly accessible on the front panel, with no confusing menus or multiple button presses. Rotary knobs include illuminated LED's to show the position of the knob, and can be pressed to restore the original setting. For really quick changes, the KORG SV-1 has eight car-radio style buttons to instantly call up your eight favorite sounds and settings. Storing a favorite is equally as easy. Simply adjust the controls to your preferred settings, then press and hold one of the favorites buttons and when the button flashes, press it again. Your custom setting is now stored.
Touch and tune
The SV-1 is equipped with KORG's finest graded-hammer action (RH3) keyboard. The Function button provides access to eight different velocity curves that allow the keyboard to respond to match any performance style. Authentic to the end, the SV-1 offers eight tuning schemes including equal, grand piano stretch, electric piano stretch, electric grand, upright stretch, detuned, and two user-definable types (configurable using the editor/librarian software). Overall, tuning can also be accessed with the Function button and adjusted by using the EQ treble control. While in this mode, concert pitch (A=440) can be recalled quickly by pressing the treble encoder pot. Needless to say, the SV-1 piano can be transposed into any key.
Your winning look
Housed in a bold, curvaceous body, the SV-1 really stands out from the crowd. Coupled with retro-style controls and stunning finishes, the SV-1 oozes desirability and playability.
Connect with others
A pro keyboard would be incomplete without all the right connections. The SV-1 is equipped with balanced XLR and 1/4" outputs, Left and Right audio inputs, MIDI In and MIDI Out jacks, a USB MIDI Port, and 3 pedal connections: Damper, Pedal 1, and Pedal 2. The Damper pedal is included, and responds to half-pedaling for authentic piano response. Pedal 1 is designed for a switch type of pedal, and can operate as a piano Sostenuto pedal, or as a Fast/Slow switch when the Rotary Speaker effect is on. Pedal 2 can accept either a sweep-type pedal (great for authentic Wah effects and accurate organ volume control) or an additional switch pedal, providing the piano purist with access to all three piano pedal functions by adding the Una Corda (soft) function.
While setting out to create an incredibly friendly and easy-to-use instrument, KORG knew that there were more tech-savvy players out there that would love nothing more than to dig a little deeper. The SV-1 Editor/Librarian software provides cool graphic-based programming, including access to many effects parameters not available on the SV-1's panel. In addition, the Editor/Librarian software allows each of the 36 sounds and the eight Favorites to be programmed and saved individually. This points the way to users sharing and swapping their favorite settings, and for KORG to supply more sounds in the future. The SV-1 Editor/Librarian runs on Mac or PC, and is included with every SV-1. MIDI Local can be set on or off from the front panel, allowing the SV-1 to function effectively as a controller keyboard in any software setup.
- RH3 - Real Weighted Hammer Action 3, 8 Velocity Touch Curves
- Transpose to any Key (± 12 half-steps), Fine Tuning, 8 Tuning Curves
- EDS (Enhanced Definition Synthesis), RX (Real eXperience) Technology
- 80 notes
- 36; 6 Banks x 6 sounds
- Tine Electric Piano (x4); VPM Piano (X2)
- Reed Electric Piano (x2); Electro-Acoustic Grand; KORG SG-1D; 80's Synth Piano; MIDI Grand
- Clav (x4); Plucked Reed Piano-ette; Transistor Piano
- Bright Japanese Grand; Smooth European Grand; Mono Grand; Upright Piano; Piano + Strings; Piano + Pad
- Tone wheel (x3); USA Tube Console; Italian Combo; VOX Combo
- Real Strings; Tape Strings; String Machine; Real Choir; Synth Brass; Sharp Brass
- 8 Assignable switches for fast program recall
- Five Individual Sections
- On/Off Switch; Bass, Mid, Treble Knobs
- On/Off Switch; Speed Knob, Intensity Knob; Compressor, Boost, U-Vibe, Vibrato, Tremolo, VoxWah (Auto/Pedal Switch)
- On/Off Switch; Drive Knob; Clean, California, Tweed, AC30, Mod'ed OverDrive, Organ Hi-Gain OverDrive
- On/Off Switch; Speed Knob, Intensity Knob; Chorus 1, Chorus 2, Phaser 1, Phaser 2, Flanger, Rotary (Fast/Slow Switch)
- On/Off Switch; Depth Knob; Room, Plate, Hall, Spring, Tape Echo, Stereo Delay (Tap-Tempo Button)
- 1 x 12AX7
- Master Volume Knob, Transpose Button, Local Off Button, Function Button
- 36; Press Transpose + Local Off buttons to access
- Left/Mono, Right (1/4 in. Unbalanced); Left, Right (XLR Balanced)
- Left/Mono, Right (1/4 in.)
- Standard In, Out; USB/MIDI port
- Damper (fixed)
- Switch Type; Sostenuto or Rotary Speaker Fast/Slow functions
- Sweep Type; Volume/Expression or Wah functions, Switch Type; Soft Pedal (Una Corda) function
- Stereo 1/4 in.
- Internal switching adapter, AC100240V, 50/60Hz
- 15 Watt
- 45 x 13.66 x 6.1 in.
- 38.5 lb. (without music stand)
- power cable, quick guide, accessory CD, music stand, damper pedal (KORG DS-2H)
- ST- SV1 matching stand; EXP-2/XVP-10 expression pedal; PS-1 footswitch, CB-SV1-88 rolling carrying case
A magnificent instrument, limited edition color. Order today.
- RX (Real eXperience) technology produces electro-mechanical, transistorized, tape-driven, analog, and digital sounds, plus a collection of rich acoustic piano sounds.
- Tube-driven (12AX7) Valve Reactor circuit adds warmth and realism
- Three-band EQ, Pre-FX, Modulation FX, and Reverb/Delay
- Equipped with KORG's finest graded-hammer action (RH3) keyboard
- SV-1's entire front panel is always live, so clearly labeled knobs dial up exactly the sound you're seeking and saving your eight favorite settings for quick recall is easy.
- Retro-chic, cabinet-style appearance
- 36 sounds allow you to play vintage electric pianos, funky clavichords, classic and cult-favorite organs, string machines, and of course, pianos.
- Six separate stages of signal processing: Equalizer, Pre FX, Amp Model, Modulation FX, Reverb/Delay, Limiter
- Rotary knobs include illuminated LED's
- Eight tuning schemes including equal, grand piano stretch, electric piano stretch, electric grand, upright stretch, detuned, and two user-definable types
- Equipped with balanced XLR and 1/4" outputs, Left and Right audio inputs, MIDI In and MIDI Out jacks, and a USB MIDI Port
- 3 pedal connections: Damper, Pedal 1, and Pedal 2
- The SV-1 Editor/Librarian software provides cool graphic-based programming and allows each of the 36 sounds and the eight Favorites to be programmed and saved individually; operates with Mac or PC
- MIDI Local can be set on or off from the front panel, allowing the SV-1 to function as a controller keyboard in any software setup
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Cool throwback design
- Usable sounds
- Home use
Comments about Korg SV-1 73-Key Stage Vintage Piano Limited Edition Metallic Red:
I received my Korg SV-1 (Vintage Red) keyboard and I am very happy. I have been waiting for this to be released. I saw the ad pictures of the vintage red model and that was enough to keep me from pulling the trigger on the black version.
Upon opening the box, I was surprised to find the music stand, which I assumed would be sold as an accessory. (Like Nord makes you buy ) I was also pleased to see that the included sustain pedal is designed to fit into the (optional) SV-1 keyboard stand. I will get the stand because it looks extremely cool. As does the Vintage Red version. This board is beautiful. The black version looks cool, because it such a throwback design, but the metallic red is over the top.
I had previously demo' d the board, so I knew what to expect, sound-wise. I did download the (2) additional sound packs, which will triple the number of available sounds. I have read some negative on-line comments about the sounds, but I like them. They are ALL extremely usable IMO. I don't need obscure sounds like "Chinese drum" or "Banjo"; I need usable Organ, Clav, Piano & synth patches.
The keyboard action is excellent. Apparently, this is KORG's latest, greatest version and it's good. Very inspiring to play. Admittedly, I was sold before I bought it, but there is little I do not like about this keyboard. It may be tough to see the lettering in low light conditions, but that is true with other keyboards, so that is not a major issue.
5 stars. Period.
- Was this a gift?: