- Product 701685
Kurzweil PC-2X/O 88-Key Performance Keyboard with Orchestra
- Write a Review
Building on the award-winning PC88, the Kurzweil PC-2X/O 88-Key Performance Keyboard with Orchestra features stellar sound and impressive master cont...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Sublime sophistication, huge muscle, and sounds to die for.
Building on the award-winning PC88, the Kurzweil PC-2X/O 88-Key Performance Keyboard with Orchestra features stellar sound and impressive master controller capabilities including a fast and easy split and layer feature.
Outstanding new Kurzweil sounds include a triple-strike stereo grand piano, lush stereo strings, multi-strike classic electric pianos (both Fender Rhodes and Wurlitzer), brass sections, drums, percussion, voices (featuring Kurzweil's outstanding Take 6 vocal samples), and full orchestral ROM. Ultrarealistic tone wheel organ programs. Orchestral sounds include string sections, solo strings, woodwinds, orchestral brass, jazz brass, orchestral ensembles, choir, organ, harp, nylon-string guitar, orchestral percussion, and ethnic percussion. Additional sounds include mallet percussion, guitar, bass, Clavinet, harpsichord, synth sounds, and more.
400 fantastic-sounding presets (256 regular programs, 128 orchestral ROM programs, and 16 KB3 programs) can all be edited to change timbre, envelopes, and LFOs. They can then be stored to any of the 256 user locations (128 for regular programs and 128 for KB3 programs). A forthcoming additional ROM block can be added for 128 more preset programs. 64 voices of polyphony, expandable to 128 voices.
The Performance Keyboard's orchestral ROM block comes with 2 banks of 128 programs. Kurzweil's unique programs are installed in the flash ROM. A general MIDI bank is also available, which can be loaded into the theater bank. Or install the GM bank of sounds as presets into the flash ROM and then load our unique bank of sounds into the PC-2X's user bank.
Dual effects processors feature preset effects of the same quality as found in the highly regarded KDFX for the K2500/K2600 series instruments. A multiple bus architecture allows separate send levels per MIDI channel for an effect level and a reverb level. Effects include reverb, chorus, delays, distortion, rotary, phaser, flanging, dynamics processing, and much more.
The Kurzweil PC-2X/O makes a great master controller for your entire studio or performing rig. MIDI setup can have up to 4 zones, sending on up to 4 different MIDI channels. A large number of physical controllers can be programmed on a per-zone basis, allowing you to send any MIDI controller message on any zone. Physical controllers include: 4 sliders, 2 wheels, 3 footswitch pedal inputs, 2 CC pedal inputs, a breath controller input, 600mm ribbon input (for use with Kurzweil's ribbon controller), mono-pressure, and 5 programmable panel switches. Each zone can be set to play the PC2XO's own sounds, or an external MIDI device, or both. Of course, you can set the note range for each zone to create splits and layers, and also customize velocity response per zone. All controllers can be scaled both positively and negatively and can have offset values as well as entry and exit values to set their state upon program or setup selection.
Built in arpeggiator can be synched to an external MIDI clock and many different latch modes and play orders allowing for the creation of endless varieties of arpeggios and percussion patterns.
32 great sounding setups with room for 128 user- created setups. Each of the additional ROM blocks will add more preset setups.
Pristine quality audio, with both analog and digital audio output. Digital audio is sent at a rate of 48kHz. It can be switched between pro (AES/EBU) and consumer (S/PDIF) formats and can be switched between 16-, 18-, 20-, and 24-bit resolution.
- Keyboard: 88-note, 2-piece weighted keyboard with mono pressure
- Controllers: pitch wheel, modulation wheel, 4 front panel sliders, 5 front panel switches (momentary or toggle, software selectable), 2 continuous control pedal inputs, 3 footswitch inputs, mono pressure, breath controller input, Kurzweil ribbon input.
- MIDI: transmits on 4 channels, receives on 16 channels. In, out, thru (hardware switchable to copy of MIDI out).
- Max polyphony: 64 (128 with the polyphony expansion option), dynamically allocated
- Internal voices: 272 internal voice programs. 256 regular programs include grand piano, tine e. piano, FM e. piano, ensemble strings, voices, organ, harpsichord, clav, vibes, marimba, electric bass & acoustic bass (with and without layered ride cymbal), acoustic guitar, drums, percussion, synth pads. Orchestral ROM block includes string sections, solo strings, woodwinds, orchestral brass, jazz brass, orchestral ensembles, choir, organ, harp, nylon string guitar, orchestral percussion, and ethnic percussion. 16 KB3 programs use Kurzweil's modeled tone wheel organ mode. General MIDI bank also available. 256 locations for user-created programs (128 for regular programs and 128 for KB3 programs). Expandable with an optional ROM block which adds 128 preset programs and 32 preset setups.
- Effects (Dual Processors):
- Processor A presets: 58 reverbs, 6 delays, 10 choruses, 6 flangers, 3 phasers, 4 shapers, 2 enhancers, 8 filtered effects, 4 distortions, 1 mono>stereo, 3 wide stereo, 4 compressors, 2 panners, 7 rotaries, stereo tremolo, and 44 combination effects chains utilizing Kurzweil's unique laserverb
- Processor B effects: 30 reverbs including booths, rooms, chambers, halls, and plates
- Effects Routing: All 16 MIDI channels can send to A and to B in any amount; global send from A to B for serial effects chaining
- Flash ROM (for software updates via system exclusive dumps). The current version of the operating system is v3.10. The operating system in your unit is displayed on power up
- Outputs: 2 analog outputs (1/4 in. jack left/mono and right), stereo digital output (RCA jack, with AES/EBU and SPDIF formats selectable), stereo headphone out
- MIDI setups: 128 user programmable MIDI setups, each with 4 independent zones, effects and arpeggiator settings. 64 factory programmed MIDI setups
- Arpeggiator: full-featured MIDI note arpeggiator with multiple latch modes, selectable play order, velocity, duration, tempo, and sync functions
- Power: 9V AC external power supply.
- Accessories: KFP-1 Single Piano-Style Footswitch.
- Optional Accessories:
- KFP-2M double piano-style footswitch
- CC-1 continuous control pedal
- DPC2-MDS music rack
- XP-1 polyphony expansion - increases polyphony to 128 voices
- PCR-1 16MB orchestral ROM expansion (standard in current units, available as an option for older units)
- PCR-2 - 16MB ROM block adds additional sound
- 54-1/2"L x 14"D x 4-1/2"H
- PC-2X/O 55 lbs.
Reviewed by 5 customers
Displaying reviews 1-5
Man, when I heard the sound of this PC2X at the NAMM show when it was first introduced if knocked me down. At any price I don't think you can find a better value. With or without the "Expansion board" this machine will take you to the next level! Whatever it takes buy one of these machines. This digital "Synth" with its MIDI capability will take you places you've never been! If you mean business, you need this machine !Joey Miles
I recently upgraded from the PC88mx and I'm so pleased with the newer version that I bought two!...one for home & the other setup at church. Great for acoustic/electric piano and organ sounds which are essential for gospel music. The ability to quickly layer and split sounds & save to setups is my favorite feature. I also use the PC2X to control 12 modules in racks...it is a great master keyboard controller. I would highly recommend it for anyone!
I was looking for a good stage piano to use in my studio and at my church. I stopped by the loca music store and sitting in the middle of the room, was the most awesome keyboard. I first was drawn to the KB3 features because I play gospel, but I really love the signature Kurzweil sound of the piano. THIS IS A KEYBOARD LIKE NO OTHER!!!
Excellent acoustic and electric piano, organs, percussion, and strings. Extensive array of effects. A few good synths as well. Solidly built. Wish weighted keyboard felt a little more natural. Don't expect to be able to manipulate sounds easily as on a synth. It's NOT a synth. It was designed to be a controller. The MIDI implementation is impressive. It's pretty expensive for what you get, however. In terms of sound (not MIDI), it looks like the Yamaha S90 may give you a bit more at a lower price. Kurzweil is also mighty slow at putting out those ROM expansion cards.
Pc2x has the realistic sound for sensitive musicians, and also outstanding key action. And many new generation F E A T U R E S, and S O U N D S eg. grand pianos, KB-3, Take6 ect. Make sure with your own eyes. When it comes to controllers, since the famous pc88, pc2x'll be the first choice from power keyboardists, so.