- Product 620987
Kurzweil PC3 LE6 61-Key Performance Controller
- Write a Review
First things first on this 61-Key Kurzweil Keyboard:Fantastic sounds, reliable performance, musical expressiveness, ease of use; these are the things...Read More
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A performance controller with an interactive user interface, over 1050 programs, 700 onboard effects chains, 8 velocity-sensitive drum pads, a 16-track sequencer, USB Host and Device ports, and much more.
First things first on this 61-Key Kurzweil Keyboard:
Fantastic sounds, reliable performance, musical expressiveness, ease of use; these are the things Kurzweil believes are essential to the design of an affordable keyboard. The 61-key Kurzweil PC3 LE6 keyboard combines the amazing sound quality and performance control features of their enormously successful PC3 with a streamlined, intelligent user interface that provides an interactive experience that is bound to inspire creativity.
It's the sound:
Under the hood, the Kurzweil PC3 LE6 features the same groundbreaking chip technology that has made the PC3 one of the most talked about keyboards in recent years. All of the PC3 keyboard's sounds are included: the famous Kurzweil grand piano, vintage electric pianos, Clavinets and Mellotrons, dazzling Orchestral and Strings collections, stunning VA virtual analog synths, KB3 organs, realistic basses, drums, guitars, percussion and horns, general MIDI, plus nearly 200 new programs developed specifically for the LE piano keyboard; over 1050 programs in all. Kurzweil has improved the method for navigating through such a massive sound set”programs in the LE can be viewed and selected with a fresh set of category buttons. Select Leads and you'll see a list of all the synth leads in the machine, grouped together. Same goes for the other 20 categories, everything from Synth Bass to Mallets to Guitars.
These programs take advantage of Kurzweil's V.A.S.T. synthesis engine, using pristine samples paired with detailed programming of literally hundreds of synth and effects parameters. Whether it's the rosin of a bowed string instrument, the resonant harmonics of a piano's damper pedal, or the thumps and squeaks of an electromechanical keyboard, Kurzweil has done their homework and provided the level of detail and realism that has earned Kurzweil keyboards such a strong reputation. This means you can focus more on the important business of making music.
The Kurzweil PC3 LE6 comes equipped with over 700 onboard effects chains from which to choose, all with real-time controllers already assigned to relevant parameters. With world-class reverbs that decay into complete silence; warm, classic sounding phasers; flangers and choruses; plus burning, saturated distortions; you'll have everything you need to make your music sound like a polished, finished product from the outset. The Kurzweil PC3 LE6's architecture provides up to 10 insert effects, which can be distributed among 10 channels, with an available auxiliary effect as well.
Interactive Kurzweil Keyboard:
In the PC3 keyboard, Kurzweil introduced the Info feature, which is a soft button-press that allows the user to see which controllers have been assigned to parameters within a program. For the PC3 LE, Kurzweil has taken this to the next level, with an interactive user interface that communicates directly with you whenever you move a real-time controller. Turn a knob, hit a button, or move a wheel and the Kurweil PC3 LE's screen will display the controller, its real-time value, and the parameter being affected. An example would be moving the modwheel on an organ program when you would see the following displayed: "Modwheel 79 Distortion Drive". This system never breaks down; you can change effect chains freely and all of the info remains intact and updated to reflect the new chain you've selected. Also, this info is transferred seamlessly to Setup Mode so you can see whatever controllers have been assigned to programs used in any zone of a setup.
Customizing your sound:
Kurzweil wanted to give users the quickest, easiest possible way to adjust the PC3LE6's sounds to suit individual tastes and needs. In any given program or effects chain, the relevant parameters (the ones that you'd want to tweak and adjust) have been assigned real-time controllers. Just move a controller and hit the Save button; you'll get no menus and no pages with endless parameters but you will get you get one-touch sound customization. Also, Kurzweil understands that flexibility in a keyboard is important when it comes to customizing your sound. Don't want filter frequency control on a knob? Prefer to have it assigned to the modwheel? No problem. The Parameters page on this Kurzweil keyboard allows you to re-assign any controller to any available parameter. You can save your custom sounds to the user bank with over 1000 ID slots.
A different drummer:
With the PC3 LE6, Kurzweil is introducing an innovative set of dynamic physical controllers: 8 backlit, velocity-sensitive drum pads that can be used to trigger sounds, sequences, chords, and arpeggiations. Every program in the machine has a drum kit assigned to the pads, so you'll always have access to a rhythm track when you need it. As a bonus, Kurzweil has included a set of over 100 additional drum programs, with acoustic brush kits, slammin' rock kits, and a number of heavily effected techno/electronic kits, in addition to the 24 existing kits from the PC3 keyboard. Just as Kurzweil put a great deal of effort into making sure that their keyboard action feels just right, the drum pads were implemented with precision and care, with the utmost attention given to how they feel when played. After all, this is a Kurzweil keyboard and not just a piece of technology.
Everything else you'd expect:
Complimenting the PC3 LE 6 keyboard's additional features are a few old familiar Kurzweil favorites; Setup Mode, Quick Access Mode, and Song Mode are all taken directly from the PC3.
Setup Mode enables the LE to act as a powerful MIDI controller as well as providing 16 simultaneous, independent, fully programmable arpeggiators, with factory and user-programmable patterns. On top of that, each setup can have up to 16 simultaneous Riffs (sequences that can be triggered by buttons, drum pads, or notes on the keyboard). While Setup Mode (with up to 16 zones each with its own program) is still as powerful as ever, Kurzweil has added a Split/Layer button to make the creation of simple setups quick and easy.
The Kurzweil keyboard's Quick Access mode allows you to create custom banks of 10 sounds that can be accessed by a single button-press. Song mode delivers a full-featured, 16-track sequencer with all of the powerful editing features that you'd find in a high-end workstation: event editing, swing, controller scaling, input quantize, input filter, and chasing controls. User memory provides over 1000 ID slots each for your own QA banks, Setups and Songs.
Saving, loading, and updating the OS are all made easy on the Kurzweil PC3 LE with the inclusion of both USB Host and Device ports. You can save your user programs, setups, and songs to a USB thumb-drive or directly to a computer. OS updates can be loaded from a thumb-drive or directly from your computer, and of course the LE sends and receives MIDI over USB. Standard MIDI jacks are also included for In, Out and Thru. For audio, the Kurzweil PC3 LE6 keyboard features high-quality, hum-cancelling, stereo-balanced analog outputs, with 24-bit DACs as well as a 24-bit stereo S/PDIF digital output at 48K.
- Keyboard: Fatar TP-8; 61-note, semi-weighted keyboard action with velocity and aftertouch-sensitive keys
- Display: 240 x 64 backlit LCD w/ dedicated back panel contrast control
- Polyphony: 64-voice polyphony, dynamically allocated, lightning-fast performance
- Multitimbral: 16 parts (one per MIDI channel)
- Architecture: PC3 sound engine complete with anti-aliased VA oscillators and KB3 mode; Important synth and effects parameters can be accessed and adjusted using the PC3LE6's front panel knobs and buttons; user settings can be captured and saved with a single button press. Supports loading PC3 programs.
- Factory Presets: PC3 sound set, including Base ROM, Orchestral, Classic Keys, String Section, General MIDI set and over 70 KB3 programs with total of over 800 programs
- Factory MIDI setups: 256 factory-programmed MIDI setups. Up to 2048 user programmable MIDI setups, each with 16 independent zones, effects, triggerable pattern-based "Riffs" and arpeggiator settings. Dozens of user-editable patterns for both pitch and velocity
- General MIDI: standard
- User memory: 2048 locations for user-created preset programs, songs, and setups
- Sequencer: 16 tracks; 960 PPQ resolution. Song editing functions include both event and track-based tools like quantize, swing, remap, controller scaling, and more. Controller chasing and quick "set song loop point" functions also included
- Effects: 10 insert effects distributed over 10 busses, one auxiliary send; featuring over 500 of Kurzweil's award winning effects: reverbs, delays, chorus, flange, phaser, EQs, distortions, rotary speaker simulators, compressors, and more
- Controllers: Pitch wheel, modulation wheel, 5 front panel knobs (15 virtual knobs with a two-tiered shift button), 7 front panel switches (momentary or toggle, software selectable), 2 switch pedal inputs, 1 continuous control pedal input and mono pressure. Controller values can be "captured" and stored as part of a program. In addition to all of these, the PCLE6 also features 8 backlit velocity-sensitive drum pads that can be used to trigger sounds, sequences, chords and arpeggiations
- Arpeggiator: 16 full-featured independent arpeggiators with multiple latch modes, selectable play order, velocity, duration, tempo, and sync functions as well as pre-recorded beats and musical phrases
- Riffs: 16 simultaneous "Riff" generators (used for triggering MIDI sequenced phrases, beats, or complete multi-track arrangements from notes on the keyboard and/or any on-board physical controller)
- Analog outputs: two 1/4" balanced TRS analog (24-bit DACs)
- Headphones: 1 rear panel 1/4" headphone output
- Digital outputs: 24-bit, stereo S/PDIF at 48K (internal clock)
- MIDI: In, Out, Thru
- USB: Host port for connecting a USB thumb-drive and a Device port that allows the PC3LE6 to load and save data directly to and from a computer, perform OS updates, and send/receive MIDI over USB
- Free OS updates: Flash ROM upgradeable using USB or thumb-drive
- Dimensions: 5" H x 41" W x 14-1/2" D
Order today and get a performance controller with an interactive user interface that communicates with you whenever you move real-time controls.
Reviewed by 3 customers
Displaying reviews 1-3
- Easy to Use
- Realistic Sound
- Electronic Music
Comments about Kurzweil PC3 LE6 61-Key Performance Controller:
First, I got a refurbished one from some other dealer and it arrived screwed up. The screen wouldn't work so you had no idea what was going on.
So I returned it and got a new one through Musician's Friend here. Not long after I got this keyboard it went on the fritz. The computer board was replaced by a Kurzweil authorized tech and it worked great, about 6 months ago. Just the other day only half of the programs sounded while the others made no sound at all. The KB3 organ section is also not functioning. After many reboots and resets, cursing, and whacking, I've had no luck in getting it to work properly again. I suppose I can take it to be repaired again, but I won't trust it.
I love the keyboard (when it works) and am very bummed that it is ill. The sounds are fantastic and it is laid out with the musician in mind so it was great to use on gigs.
I wouldn't get one again. I think there must be something inherently wrong with its internal design. Three strikes and you're out.
Comments about Kurzweil PC3 LE6 61-Key Performance Controller:
I actually picked this synth based on my budget limitation. Originally i was looking at Korg M3 and Motif XS, but due to finantial difficulties could not afford the above. However, after i found out about full VAST addition i got PC3Le6 and was pleasantly surprized, as a synth this is way better then M3. The weakest sounds on PC3Le are probably brass, everything else sounds great.
Kurzweil is back! This is an awesome synth, especially since full VAST editing has been added recently with the latest software update. Make no mistake, this is not just another rompler, with onboard analog modeled oscillators it rivals Nords in terms of VA. KB3 organ modeling mode is nice as well. The interface and design on Le to me looks better then the Flagship model's. Keyboard action is also sweet for 61 keys. Sequencer is very simple to use, actually my favorite one.
Quallity seems much better then the quality of recent Korgs, however i would not rate it high since it is made in china and mine already needed minor repair.
Awesome value, very deep synth, high qualily sounds at a very competitive price.
This synth is great for either sound designer types or those who rely on presets.
Comments about Kurzweil PC3 LE6 61-Key Performance Controller:
Fantastic! I have played almost all keyboard brands, and this simply has the most realistic sounds available, there is nothing this keyboard can't do. The piano's, electric pianos, strings and organs etc are simply amazing and incredibly responsive! Kurzweil's programming language is different than Roland or Yamaha but will make sense very quickly. The last board I will ever need.