- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Kurzweil PC3K7 76 Key Workstation
- Write a Review
- Product H89682
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The PC3K7 is part of the Kurzweil line of incredible production keyboard workstations. The PC3 introduced the world to a new generation of groundbrea...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
76-key production station loaded with impressive features.
The PC3K7 is part of the Kurzweil line of incredible production keyboard workstations. The PC3 introduced the world to a new generation of groundbreaking Kurzweil technology, and now the PC3' successor has arrived. The PC3K is the pinnacle of Kurzweil' PC3 line, bridging the gap between their past successes and present innovations.
The PC3K, already loaded up with the many impressive features and sounds of the PC3, allows users to tap into the massive wealth of samples and programs developed for the legendary K Series over the past two decades. Capable of loading .KRZ/25/26 sample files, WAVE and AIFF files, as well as most of the K Series programs and setups, the PC3K presents a whole new world of choices to players. You can choose to delve into the extensive libraries of existing K Series samples or decide to fill the PC3K's flash memory with your own signature samples. In either case, you'll have the most powerful version of Kurzweil's V.A.S.T technology ever developed at your fingertips to help sculpt your sounds and attain a level of detail and expressiveness truly worthy of your music. Sample files can be loaded via USB from a thumb-drive or directly from a computer.
Zero Load Time For Samples
User samples that do not "go away" when a keyboard is powered off - this is a feature that's been requested by keyboardists since the introduction of digital sampling in the early '80s. Clearly demonstrating the virtue of enduring quality, the PC3K offers 128 megabytes of user sample memory and compatibility with K Series files, while also taking an enormous leap forward by allowing user samples to remain intact while power is off. Once samples are loaded into the PC3K's flash memory, there is zero load time for those samples when powering on the instrument.
Advanced program, keymap and sample editing features allow you to customize your sounds with surgical precision. You're able to map any sample to any key, tune individual samples, change the start, alt start, loop point and end point of samples and even assign a controller to adjust sample start point in real-time.
Light Years Ahead
Under the hood of the PC3X is simply the most powerful synthesis engine ever created by Kurzweil. Dynamic V.A.S.T. picks up where the K series left off. Having up to 32 layers per program means that emulations of real instruments can be extremely detailed and accurate, while the synthesized sounds can be extraordinarily large and complex.
Expanding upon Kurzweil' V.A.S.T. architecture, the PC3X's new architecture delivers more power and flexibility combined with unprecedented ease of use. Users can now create and store their own DSP algorithms, with nearly limitless possibilities for routing.
The VA-1 Virtual Analog Synthesizer engine is built right into the new system. Hear the VA-1's power-shaped, anti-aliasing oscillators (including supersaw, triplesaw, and hard sync oscillators) combined with a newer, larger set of V.A.S.T. filters (like the classic-style 4pole low pass w/ resonance) and non-linear processors and you'll understand why the Internet is buzzing about this feature.
It' The Sound
The PC3 Series' advanced synthesis architecture, along with its painstakingly edited sample ROM, allowed Kurzweil to create a sound set that is both broad and deep, with no compromises on sound quality. Referred to by some in the music industry as "the solid gold Swiss army knife", the PC3 line has become well known for having covered all the bases when it comes to presets. Whether it's the famous Kurzweil grand piano, the wide array of deadly-accurate vintage keys emulations, KB3 Mode, VA virtual analog sounds or the hundreds of world-class orchestral and string section programs, the PC3K provides over 900 presets that let you know that it does everything and does it well.
Plug And Play
Saving, loading and updating the OS are all made easy on the PC3K with the inclusion of both USB Host and Device ports. You can save your user programs, setups and songs to a USB thumb-drive or directly to a computer. Samples and OS updates can be loaded from a thumb-drive or directly from your computer, and of course the PC3K sends and receives MIDI over USB.
In a nod to the design of classic synths and keyboard instruments from years past, the PC3K, the top of our PC3 line, has been fitted with handsomely crafted wooden end-caps, adding an element of luxury and refinement that beautifully complements the awesome technology at the heart of every Kurzweil keyboard.
- 76-Key production keyboard workstation
- Load legacy K2 Series files from the legendary K2000, K2500 and K2600
- Load up to 128 MB of user samples that remain in memory when powered off
- 16 User-configurable zones with 29 customizable MIDI controllers PER zone
- 16 Insert effects - 2 auxiliary sends - Global Master FX
- V.A.S.T. - Variable Architecture Synthesis Technology
- 32 Layer architecture, sound programs can be up to 32 layers deep
- Program layers can be routed through the DSP of any other layer
- VA-1 Virtual Analog Synthesizer engine built right into the V.A.S.T. signal path
- 9 Sliders provide real-time drawbar organ control
- World class string section
- Easy audition, just hit œplay and get a quick musical preview of the current program
- Trigger MIDI phrases, beats, or even full multi-track songs via any built-in physical controller
Order the PC3K7 today, and experience the true production power.
- Keyboard: 76 note semi-weighted-action, with velocity and aftertouch sensitive keys. (Fatar TP8)
- Display: 240 x 64 angled, backlit CCFL w/ dedicated back panel brightness and contrast controls.
- Polyphony: 128 Voice Polyphony, dynamically allocated, lightning fast performance.
- Multitimbral: 16 parts (one per MIDI channel)
- Dynamic VAST: Powerful synthesis engine, with user programmable DSP algs and routing. More DSP power than even our K Series instruments.
- VA1 Inside: anti-aliasing, power-shaped oscillators and DSP processing from Kurzweil's VA1 concept synth, capable of delivering authentic analog emulations as well as incredibly complex new sounds.
- Cascade Mode: lets the user route one layer through the DSP of any other layer within a program - up to 32 consecutive layers deep!
- Desktop Editor: Mac and PC platforms (free download)
- Factory Presets: 1074 Stunning Factory Presets (download full "object list" here)
- Factory MIDI Setups: 150 factory programmed MIDI setups - featuring up to 16 independent zones, effects, independent controller assignments, triggerable pattern-based "Riffs" and arpeggiator settings.
- Sample Flash Memory:
- 128MB of re-loadable*, non-volatile, user flash ROM
- (loaded samples stay in memory even after power cycle).
- *Samples can be loaded via direct-USB connection and/or USB thumb-drive but are best loaded via USB thumb-drive as direct-USB capacities are limited.
- File Compatibility:
- Loads from:
- -PC3: all objects.
- -PC3LE: all objects.
- -K2 Series: the majority* of Setups, Programs and Keymaps. All RAM Samples are loaded. (see the V2 Addendum manual for details)
- -AIFF and WAVE audio files.
- O/S V2 or later required.
- *Compatibility with K RAM samples will be %100. Compatibility with K programs will be around 80%
- General MIDI: Standard
- User Memory: 16,000 locations for user objects.
- Sound ROM Expansion Slots: 1
- Sequencer: Unlimited tracks (on import); 960 PPQ resolution. Song editing functions include both event and track-based tools like quantize, swing, remap, controller scaling and more. Controller chasing and a global "set song length" functions are also featured.
- Effects: 16 insert effects distributed over 11 busses, two auxiliary sends and two Master Effects (saved with each song and setup); featuring over 500 of our award winning effects - reverbs, delays, chorus, flange, phaser, EQs, distortions, Leslie simulators, compressors, and more.
- Master FX Section: User controllable master EQ section and master compressor for quick adjustments during live performance or putting the final touches on your studio mix. (These do not use up the insert effect resources.)
- Controllers: Pitch wheel, modulation wheel, 9 front panel sliders/drawbar controllers, 10 front panel switches (momentary or toggle, software selectable), 3 switch pedal input, 2 continuous control pedal inputs, mono pressure, Super Ribbon input, breath controller input. Controller values can be "captured" and stored as part of a program.
- Arpeggiator: 16 full-featured independent arpeggiators with multiple latch modes, selectable play order, velocity, duration, tempo, and sync functions as well as pre-recorded beats and musical phrases.
- Riffs: 16 unique "Riff" generators, used for triggering MIDI sequenced phrases, beats, or complete multi-track arrangements from notes on the keyboard and/or any on-board physical controller.
- Analog Outputs: Four 1/4" balanced TRS analog (24-bit DACs).
- Headphones: 1 rear panel 1/4" headphone output.
- Digital Outputs:
- 24-bit, stereo S/PDIF featuring 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, and 192-kHz modes.
- (externally clockable)
- MIDI: In, Out, Thru (hardware switchable to copy of MIDI Out).
- USB Computer Port: MIDI over USB. Also allows the PC3K to load/save data directly to and from a Mac/PC as well as perform OS updates.
- USB Storage Port: Supports USB thumb-drives for loading/saving user data as well as performing OS updates.
- FREE OS Updates: Flash ROM upgradeable via direct-USB or thumb-drive.
- Height: (4.33") (11.00 cm)
- Depth: (13.98") (35.50 cm)
- Length: (47.75") (121.29 cm)
- Weight: (37.35 lb.) (16.94 kg)
- Internal AC power supply.
- Selectable 120/240V AC operation.