The Kurzweil RE-220 is a digital piano of great lineage. It is built with the same sound engine as the superb PC2 Performance Controller, includes independent DSP for reverb and effects and features an ultra-smooth fully weighted, graded hammer action.
Fully Weighted, Graded Hammer Action
- Employing a new 4-zone graded hammer action keybed, the RE-220 is designed to simulate the feel of a real acoustic piano. With 7 levels of velocity sensitive adjustment, the performer can tailor how the dynamics of the sounds respond to key velocity.
- The RE-220 boasts 37 incredible sounds, including our acclaimed Triple-Strike Stereo Grand Piano, our new lush Stereo Strings, multi-strike Classic Electric Pianos (both Fender Rhodes(TM) and Wurlitzer(TM)), FM Electric Piano, Harpsichord, Brass Sections, Organs, Pads, Mallets, Guitars, Basses, Drums, Percussion, and Voices (featuring Kurzweil's outstanding Take 6 vocal samples).
Sound Layering And Left Split
- The RE-220 is equipped with 3 dynamically programmed pedals which enhance one's musical expression. Individually tailored to each onboard sound, the pedal functions change to suit the characteristics of the selected instrument, enabling truly expressive performance.
Reverb and Effects
- All sounds within the RE-220 (except the bass guitar) are readily layered to create a more luxurious sound. The volume balance of layered sounds is also easily adjusted. In addition, the left split function (which divides the keyboard into two separate parts, each with its own instrument) allows one performer to sound like two or enables two performers to play duets.
Built-In 2-Track Recorder
- For a heightened sense of sonic realism, the RE-220 provides you with two independent types of digital signal processing: Reverb (Room, Stage & Hall simulations) and Effects (Chorus & Flange). Each sound within the RE-220 can have its own unique combination of these, configurable to taste.
- The RE-220 Recorder offers two Song memories comprised of two tracks each. One of the biggest advantages in the RE-220 recorder is that not only does it record your individual solo performances, but it also records any layered and split sound combinations together into each track and even remembers real-time sound changes. As a result, the recorder can actually record and play back up to 6 simultaneous parts.
Self-Powered Sound System
- The RE-220 is a full 16 channel multi-timbral device. Built-in MIDI In/Out ports provide a convenient means of connecting to external MIDI devices, such as a computer sequencer, where all 16 channels can be accessed independently. In addition, the RE-220 supports MIDI system exclusive dumps for back-up and restore of song data and global settings.
- The RE-220 has is its own custom 60-watt power amplifier and matched two-way, high efficiency speaker sound system, featuring new dual 6.5" low end drivers, which are optimized for the RE-220 cabinetry. Front panel bass and treble tone controls allow for user preference. Built-in free voltage power supply just plugs in with no voltage selection required.