- J40017 000000000 J40017000000000
Moog Minimoog Model D
- Write a Review
One of the most anticipated events in electronic instrument production for 2016 is the resumed production of the Minimoog Model D. It is a direct res...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Historic reemergence of the most iconic synth of all time.
One of the most anticipated events in electronic instrument production for 2016 is the resumed production of the Minimoog Model D. It is a direct resumption of the original manufacturing process, by the original manufacturer, using original parts, and for the original user (you). There has been such a clamor for Moog to resume production of this instrument that they practically had to bring it back. They have known this for years, but they have also known that they had to do it right and for the first time since 1981, Moog has officially resumed production of the Minimoog Model D. It could fairly be said that the Moog Minimoog Model D is the most iconic synthesizer of all time.
Synthesizer enthusiasts generally understand the second revision of the Minimoog Model D to be the ultimate mono synth. The original and the third iteration, which is identified by serial #10,000 and up, are every bit a Model D but the one that has fallen into the greatest favor, the one that defined a generation of progressive rock and switched-on classical, was from this middle period and that is the one that has served as the source design for the Model D.
New features include a Fatar TP-9 keybed with velocity sensitivity and aftertouch. If you loved the original, imagine being able to drift pitch or open a filter with key pressure. And imagine controlling other CV devices from your Model D, a Mooger Fooger, for instance. The reissue Model D has CV outputs for Pitch, Aftertouch, Velocity and Gate. As long as we’re on CV, there is an additional External Modulation CV input, also unavailable on the original. The original naturally didn’t have MIDI In, Out and Thru seeing as it had not yet been invented, but the new one does. It is also equipped with improved circuit board connectors for greater touring reliability. It’s a Model D, but ready for today, ready for your music.
These new features of the Model D provide dramatic utility for the contemporary keyboard musician, but what’s really exciting about the new Model D isn’t what’s new, it’s what’s old.
The new Model D features custom-reissued transistors critical to sound quality and character. This is a direct replica right down to the component level so the sound is absolutely faithful to the astonishing breadth and charm of the original. It offers three vintage Moog oscillators with the Classic Moog Ladder Filter, nine analog circuit boards that were recreated using original designs and component placement, as well as military spec precision resistors and the classic thermoset, and gnarled pitch and mod wheels.
- 3 vintage Moog oscillators
- Classic Moog Ladder Filter
- Custom reissued transistors critical to sound quality and character
- 9 analog circuit boards recreated using original designs and component placement
- Military spec precision resistors
- Precision Linear System matched JFETs in oscillators
- Classic thermoset, gnarled pitch and mod wheels
- CV Modifications: outputs added for Pitch, Aftertouch, Velocity and Gate (Aftertouch and Velocity have dedicated output level attenuators)
- Modulation Modifications: analog Triangle/Square wave LFO and Filter Envelope added as modulation sources, as well as an External Modulation CV input
- Overload Modification: the output of the Minimoog Model D is automatically scaled and fed back to the External Audio Input for instantly available overdrive
- Improved circuit board connectors for touring reliability
- Fatar TP-9 keybed with Velocity and Aftertouch
- MIDI In, Out and Thru
- Weight: 32lbs w/ PSU
- Shipping Weight: 43lbs
- Dims: 28.56”W x 17.13”D x 6”H
For the first time since 1981, Moog Music has officially resumed production of the Minimoog Model D. Get yours now.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.