- J52977 000000000 J52977000000000
Moog Synthesizer IIIc
- Write a Review
The masterminds at Moog are rediscovering their past with the reintroduction of the Moog Synthesizer IIIc Modular system. Built using all-original do...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
One of Bob Moog's original modular synthesizer systems back in production for a highly limited run.
The masterminds at Moog are rediscovering their past with the reintroduction of the Moog Synthesizer IIIc Modular system. Built using all-original documentation, art, and circuit board files, each Synthesizer IIIc features 36 hand-stuffed, hand-soldered modules, including ten 901-Series audio oscillators, the 984 Matrix Mixer, and the 905 Spring Reverb. It's been 50 years since the introduction of the first Synthesizer IIIc, but its triumphant return is certainly something to get excited about. However, production is highly limited, only 25 units will be produced and sold worldwide.
In 1965, Bob Moog began taking orders for customized modular systems and individual synthesizer modules. By 1967, he and a team of ten skilled technicians were hand-building production models in an unassuming brick storefront in Trumansburg, NY. The cutting-edge musical instruments that they called “synthesizers” signaled electronic music’s maturation from an awkward and shy intruder in the realm of music to a dynamic and significant medium of musical expression.
The first models were aptly named Synthesizer I, II, and III. With the introduction of the Moog Synthesizer IIIc -- the “c” referring to the walnut “console” cabinet -- musicians could purchase a complete instrument pre-configured for logical access to a range of facilities usually associated with the largest classical studios. Each synthesizer took weeks of patient, steady crafting to complete, but the payoff would be rich -- a tool that would change the landscape of music.
The world got turned on to the idea of the synthesizer -- and electronic music -- through the visionary works of experimental musicians like Wendy Carlos and Isao Tomita. Sonic masterpieces like Switched On Bach and Snowflakes Are Dancing were made possible by the early modular Moog Synthesizers. These original modular systems designed by Bob Moog are inimitable in sonic character and remain highly coveted for their limitless re-configurability and vibrantly organic musicality.
- Recreated using original documentation, circuit board and art files
- 36 hand-stuffed, hand-soldered modules custom mounted and hand-wired
- 10 exclusive 901-series oscillators
- Iconic Moog 905 Spring Reverb module
- 100% discrete design with handcrafted, solid walnut cabinets
Only 25 will be handcrafted and sold worldwide. If you're thinking about it, you're gonna miss it.
- 1x 901 Voltage Controlled Oscillator
- 3x 901A Oscillator Controllers
- 9x 901B Oscillators
- 3x 902 Voltage Controlled Amplifiers
- 1x 903A Random Signal Generator
- 1x 904A Voltage Controlled Lowpass Filter
- 1x 904B Voltage Controlled Highpass Filter
- 1x 904C Filter Coupler
- 1x 905 Reverberation Unit
- 3x 911 Envelope Generators
- 1x 911A Dual Trigger Delay
- 1x 912 Envelope Follower
- 1x 914 Extended Range Fixed Filter Bank
- 1x 984 Four Channel Mixer
- 1x 992 Control Voltage/Attenuator Panel
- 1x 993 Trigger & Envelope Voltages Panel
- 4-input mixer with + and – outputs
- 2 Trunklines
- Control Voltage Switches
- Click Filter
- Lowpass and Highpass Filters
- Jack Multiples
- 3 Control Voltage and Trigger Outputs
- 1x Console Panel No. 8 including
- Power Switch
- 14x 1 ft.Cables
- 8x 2 ft. Cables
- 6x 3 ft. Cables
- 6x 4 ft. Cables
- 4x 5 ft. Cables
- 2x 1 ft. S-Trigger Cables
- 3x 3 ft. S-Trigger Cables
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Only one of it's kind in the world
- Realistic Sound
- Responsive / Good Action
- Touch Sensitive Keys
- Chamber Music
- Electronic Music
Comments about Moog Synthesizer IIIc:
Take the tour in downtown Asheville if you are a little hesitant in spending your money. See how this item is put together, how they do soldiers and connectors. Then go out to the showroom and crank one up. Wow is all I can say. This is the model that turned the electronic music world upside down. Think Emerson Lake and Palmer. Or Thomas Dolby. This is the model and it's again for sale. Go check it out in the factory and maybe you'll be taking one home. You will need a van though - it won't fit in a sedan!