- Product 702632
Nord G2X Modular Synthesizer
- Write a Review
The 5-octave Nord Modular G2X offers same functionality as the famous 3-octave Nord Modular G2 plus some nice extras. The G2 Voice Expansion board, w...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
The second generation is here!
The 5-octave Nord Modular G2X offers same functionality as the famous 3-octave Nord Modular G2 plus some nice extras. The G2 Voice Expansion board, which doubles the polyphony, is standard. 2 additional modulation wheels enable even more realtime expression. Each wheel features an LED which makes it easier to view the modulation amount. The keyboard features velocity- and aftertouch-sensitivity. Includes a gooseneck microphone ready to plug into the XLR mic input on the front panel. Perfect for vocal exercises like vocoding etc.
Differences with the 3-octave Nord Modular G2 are:
5 octave velocity- and aftertouch-sensitive keyboard
Voice Expansion board fitted as standard
3 assignable modulation wheels with position LEDs
Gooseneck XLR microphone included
- Over 150 different categories of modules with oscillators, filters, envelopes, vocoder, physical modelling, reverb, delay, frequency shifter, pitch tracker, sequencers, LFOs, MIDI modules etc, etc.
- Voice Expansion board fitted as standard for double polyphony compared to the standard G2
- Easy access to 120 patch parameters on the synth front panel for easy real-time sound editing and tweaking
- 8 patch variations for creation and storage of 8 complete parameter setups per Patch for instant recall from the front panel
- 8 Morph Groups per patch for controlling sets of parameters from single control sources (mod wheels, pitch stick, keyboard velocity, aftertouch, control pedal etc.)
- Multiple patches can be set up as Performances
- Internal audio and MIDI buses between the 4 slots
- MIDI modules control and automate external MIDI equipment
- USB connection between G2X and PC or Mac Editor
- 4 audio ins plus an included gooseneck mic with an XLR Mic input and built-in preamp
- 4 separate audio outs
- Internal RAM for reverb and delay effects, physical modeling, and more
- 3 freely assignable mod wheels with position LEDs, one pitch stick and 2 pedal inputs
- Large internal memory for storing patches and performances (multi patches)
- Extremely compact patch file size (3kB) for easy sharing
- 24-bit/96kHz internal processing for highest possible sound quality
- Crystal clear 24-bit, 96 kHz A/D/A converters
- Lightweight and portable
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
I love this keyboard. If I could keep just two synthesizers in my studio, this would be one of them (the other would be my modular analogue synth from synthesizers.com) and I would definitely replace it if I lost it. One of the nicest features is the editor, which allows you to effortlessly make up a patch on the computer, and to have it automatically reflected on the synth if it's connected! This Synth makes sound design practically effortless.Ergonomically, it's perfect. The LCD's are wonderfully designed so that you can see immediately what each value is. If you want to use this as a controller for soft synthesizers, it is perfect as each knob can be assigned.Overall, the sound is good for a virtual analogue. It is brighter than a real analogue, though you can get fatness on this synth. The synth will do additive and subtractive synthesis and is great for putting together weird machines. You are limited only by the cpu. In fact, the machine is capable of holding over 32,000 different combinations, all of which are accessible during a live performance. It is the live performance aspects of this instrument that set it head and shoulders above other synths.So if you're thinking about buying one, don't hesitate. But you can't have mine. I wouldn't part with it!