- Musician's Friend Best Selection, Price & Service. Guaranteed.
Need Help? Call our Gear Heads at 800-449-9128Private Reserve Guitars 866-926-1923
Need Help? Call our Gear Heads at 800-449-9128
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Similar Items:
Analog-style control with modern Nord synthesis and sampling.
The Nord Wave PCM-based synthesizer from Clavia closes the gap between analog and digital. Now you can use digital samples in a virtual analog environment. That means that you can take a sampled sound and tweak it into something completely different in realtime. You now have the full expressiveness of the classic analog synthesizer combined with sample technology available at your fingertips—all in a top quality, user-friendly, lightweight package.
The Nord Wave has a classic analog synthesizer set-up with filters, LFO's and envelopes plus a massive oscillator section capable of producing classic analog waveformes (with sync), FM-synthesis, wavetables, sampled waves (wavetable with attack), noise and other miscellaneous waveforms as well as--yes--samples. Plus, oscillator modulation allows you to modulate one oscillator with the other; for instance an FM-sound modulated by a sampled sound--the character of the sample is applied to the FM sound.
Following in the tradition of the renowned Nord Lead series, the Wave incorporates the Lead's virtual analog synthesis, FM synthesis, and a fully-integrated wavetable engine. These can be used separately or together, allowing users to create sounds that are a step above sample-playback. The Wave features high-quality wavetables generated by Clavia, and using the USB port, users can download and install extra wave files from Clavia, as well as load their own custom waves using an integrated Editor. The Wave features new multi-filtering technology which includes a formant filter, and uses two slots for toggling between sounds, or layering them for even more complex sound.
Every sample in the nord wave can be replaced. You can use your own samples--simply map any standard .wav-file in the nord wave manager software (for Windows and OS X) and transfer via USB.
The exclusive Clavia hardware and software design brings you response times from note-on to sounding output like no other. The ultra-low latency simply does not compare to other hardware or especially software products. Weighing only 6Kg (14 pounds) it is the kind of instrument you easily carry with you and really will not notice. Until you plug it in.
• Sampled waveforms: Oscillators can now use full waveforms--not single wavetables, while still routing through fully analog circuitry.
• Oscillator models: Virtual analog, FM, wavetable, sample-playback can be applied in combination (which I hear is all the rage these days). And you can load in custom waveforms, as well, via fully user-definable memory areas (so you can delete samples you hate). Clavia even promises it will offer additional, free waves on their website. An included software sample editor lets you tweak samples.
• Morphing: Morph almost any parameter via mod wheel, expression, velocity, or pitch, with assignable morph scenarios and morph timelines. Filters: 24db analog-modeled resonant filters, low-, high-, band-pass filters with envelope and velocity control, combinations of filter types, and formant filters.
• Effects: EQ, delay with tap tempo, tube-style amp with overdrive, reverb. Pitch stick: Clavia's signature wooden pitch stick allows precise bend and vibrato.
Click or call to order today! Our dual Complete Satisfaction and Lowest Price Guarantees mean you can't lose!
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Nord Wave Wavetable Synthesizer:
What a wonderful synth... When I try it, I can make everysounds what I want... I've never found synth like Nord Wave before... It's the best product of Clavia... I thought Nord Lead 3 is the best synthesizer, then I sad when I heard that Nord Lead 3 is discontinued... But now I'm feeling very happy, because Nord Wave is better than Nord Lead series.