- Product 702656
Novation ReMOTE 25 SL MIDI Controller
- Write a Review
This semi-weighted 25-key USB MIDI controller keyboard lights up the murky world of MIDI control with 2 giant, brightly lit LCD screens alongside an ...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Recording in the dark is a thing of the past!
This semi-weighted 25-key USB MIDI controller keyboard lights up the murky world of MIDI control with 2 giant, brightly lit LCD screens alongside an intelligent Automap mode, detecting what instruments you have in your project and intelligently and logically mapping the controls to the SL's front panel. The Novation ReMOTE 25 Keyboard features 8 trigger pads, an expressive X/Y touchpad, transport controls, and a built-in MIDI USB interface.
2 GIANT LCD SCREENS FOR DISPLAYING CONTROL NAMES AND VALUES
Running along the top of the ReMOTE SL front panel are two 144-character screens, which can display up to 16 parameter names and values simultaneously. This makes controlling in the dark a thing of the past and does away with Template overlays or having to remember the function of each control. It also makes navigating though menus simple as each page is laid out side by side and edited using the buttons or knobs directly below.
FANTASTIC AUTOMAP MODE
This intelligent mode is set to revolutionize the way you make music! When an Automap-supported application boots up (currently Reason 3, Cubase SL/SX 3, Nuendo 3, Logic Pro 7 and Ableton Live 5, with more on their way), the SL loads up the Automap Template and all the parameter assignment is done for you, showing you everything clearly on the gigantic screens. All you have to do to is switch between controlling different instruments or areas of your session is click once with the mouse or press one button on the SL, depending on the application.
8 MUSICALLY-RESPONSIVE TRIGGER PADS
Brand new to Novation MIDI controllers are these dynamic trigger pads for sketching out beats or bashing out samples. Each pad can be calibrated any way the user desires, with sensitivity and assigned data both fully programmable. For example, the pads can be set up as velocity-sensitive MIDI notes or buttons assigned to a CC number, where the value of that number is defined by the strength the pad is hit.
A SEMI-WEIGHTED KEYBOARD ACTION WITH AFTERTOUCH
At the heart of the ReMOTE 25 MIDI controller keyboard is a superb action, semi-weighted keyboard with aftertouch. Unlike many controllers, you can play your favorite software synth or sampler with the care and precise control that can make a huge difference to the final performance.
HANDS ON RESPONSIVE CONTROL FOR EVERY APPLICATION
The Novation ReMOTE 25 SL is ergonomically designed front panel is inviting and simple to use. And it's all there - 8 rotary potentiometers, 8 sliders, 8 rotary encoders and 24 switches that are entirely programmable. All controls can be named and memorised as a collection with a group template name, then saved in any one of the 64 template memories.
USE-ANYWHERE PORTABILITY AND RECHARGEABLE POWER
The ReMOTE SL may be powered by six C-size alkaline/rechargeable batteries or external mains PSU. When connected to a computer via USB, rechargeable batteries are charged without the need of a mains re-charger.
X/Y TOUCHPAD FOR TOTAL EXPRESSION
Indicative of Novation's forward thinking design is the touchpad. Being fully assignable and programmable in both X (side-to-side) and Y (up-and-down) directions, stunning and unique performance effects are just a finger-glide away. Imagine setting a distortion amount and a pan position on the left to right movement and an LFO speed and filter cut-off on the top to bottom movement - total expressive and creative control.
DEDICATED TRANSPORT CONTROLS AND FAST TEMPLATE FUNCTION BUTTONS
Total control over your sequencer's transport and locate functions are yours via the dedicated transport and four function button controls. The MIDI controller keyboard lets you select a new template, scroll through templates, send snapshots, transmit a panic command, etc. This kind of instant flexibility will streamline your working practice.
BUILT IN USB / MIDI INTERFACE
Now shipped with both Windows and Mac OSX USB MIDI drivers, just plug into the USB port, install the driver software and the ReMOTE is fully operational. Alternatively if your computer system does not have USB then simply plug into the MIDI ports. The ReMOTE SL provides two MIDI Out ports, one MIDI thru port and one MIDI In port. Information originating from the Novation ReMOTE keyboard or its controls can be sent directly to the USB port and/or any of the MIDI out ports. The MIDI ports can be used to integrate the rest of your MIDI gear into your computer system.
- Keys: 25
- Type: Semi-Weighted with aftertouch
- Velocity Curves: 6 - individually assignable for each Template
- Pitch and Mod Wheel Mechanism (25, 37 and 61 models only)
- Pitch wheel lever: Rubberised - spring loaded, centre return left to right motion
- Mod/control lever: Rubberised - spring loaded, bottom return or free running, front to back motion
- X/Y Touchpad (25, 37 and 61 models only)
- Touchpad: Pressure sensitive
- Parameters: 2 assignable in X direction; 2 assignable in Y direction
- LCD Display
- LCD: 2 x 144 character silver. Blue LED backlit
- Data Ports: 1 x USB MIDI (Win XP/Mac OSX class-compliant)
- MIDI: 2 x MIDI Out, 1 x MIDI In, 1 x MIDI Thru
- Sustain Pedal: 1 x 1/4 Jack Input
- Expression pedal: 1 x 1/4 Jack Input
- Rotary Encoders: 8 - Infinite Rotation
- Rotary Potentiometers: 8 - Rotation 0 to 270 Degrees
- Sliders: 8
- Buttons: 32
- Trigger pads: 8
- Transport Controls: Rewind/Fast Forward/Stop/Start/Record/Loop (assignable buttons)
- TAP TEMPO Button: 1
- General Operation: Play/Edit/Template/Global/Write buttons
- Data select: 1 x rotary encoder, press to change function
- Keyboard Octave: Octave up/down buttons
- Battery Operation: 4 x Standard 'C' Size
- External Power Supply: Standard 'Centre Positive' 9V DC 600mA Power Supply (optional)
- Size (25): W=468mm, H=68mm, D=293mm
- Weight: (ZeRO) 1.6kg
- (25) 2.5kg
- (37) 4.2kg
- (61) 6.2kg
- Pre-installed onboard Templates and Automaps
- Bass Station
- Propellerhead (only Automap)
- Reason ” All Instruments, Mixer, rack effects
- Native Instruments
- Pro 53
- Battery II
- Kontakt II
- G Media
- Cubase/Nuendo Automap - Mixer/Effects and VSTs
- Legacy Cell
- Arp 2600V
- Rob Papen/Linplug
- Logic Automap - Mixer and Instruments
- Live Automap - Mixer/Navigation and Effects
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
I just wanted to say that I use my Remote SL 25 for music production on Reason and with Pro Tools. The ease of use and the almost "plug and play" design made this purchase the most bang for the buck. I would recommend it to anyone that is on a budget.