- Product 703330
Open Labs NeKo LE (Gen2) 76-key Computer-Based Keyboard Workstation
- Write a Review
The NeKo LX is the first hybrid Windows XP musical keyboard production station in the world. It is an entirely new class of super instrument and a bi...Read More
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
More than a computer in a fancy case.
The NeKo LX is the first hybrid Windows XP musical keyboard production station in the world. It is an entirely new class of super instrument and a big step above the average keyboard workstation.
NeKo is capable of hosting up to 200 plug-in sounds and effect at once, play over 500-voice polyphony, record over 64 audio tracks at 24/96 simultaneously and clone virtually any other electronic keyboard or rack-mount sound module. Other keyboard workstations in comparison, can only produce up to 20-bit audio resolution, play up to 128-voice polyphony, host only a few plug-in modules if any and cannot mimic other musical hardware products.
The importance of plug-in sounds and effect is that in the past few years, software emulation of synthesized sounds have equaled and even surpassed dedicated hardware products providing higher audio quality and a dramatically larger number of choices. In addition, sampling technologies now provide lifelike acoustic sounds that rival the actual instruments, however; the samples may be gigabytes in size.
NeKo is the only keyboard that can play these sampled sounds because it is powered by a very powerful computer. Closed platform keyboards neither have the power or memory to play a large number of plug-ins, large sample sounds or third-party musical applications. Because of the advances in software, the entire MI industry is rapidly moving towards computer-assisted performance and recording.
A true open platform instrument, NeKo is the only keyboard production station that will allow you to run virtually all standard plug-in formats including VST, VSTi and DXi in addition to Windows XP based software applications. On the hardware side, the NeKo is the only keyboard that will allow you to upgrade virtually every component, allowing it to remain state-of-the-art long after other keyboard workstations become obsolete.
The Neko combines the capabilities of a professional musical keyboard with enterprise-class server technologies and matching control surfaces in one fully integrated-compact package. The Neko is designed with producers and composers in mind and replaces an entire studio's worth of equipment in a single portable solution.
- World's Most Powerful: The NeKo line is driven by some of the most powerful processors available. The NeKo SE (Gen2) is powered by an Intel Pentium 4 (3.0GHz) processor. To put things in perspective, most other keyboard workstations use processors that may be hundreds of times less powerful.
- Ultimate Performance: NeKo is capable of running up to 200 plug-ins at the same time as well as more than 500 voices of polyphony. The NeKo is offered with multiple audio I/O options with up to 24-bit/192 kHz audio quality and can record 64 tracks of audio at 24/96 for up to 30 days straight. No other keyboard in the world is capable of this.
- Clone Hardware: When equipped with the Clone Hardware option, NeKo is able to clone any electronic keyboard or hardware sound module. It can literally sample the entire sound library of the hardware product complete with after-touch and effects, thereby in a sense turning it into a softsynth, automatically. With fully assignable banks of faders, knobs, buttons and a 15" color touch-screen, you can recreate the controls of the hardware product that you have just sampled, making the cloning process complete.
- Low Latency: NeKo gives you near-zero latency, even under high processor loads. This is achieved by optimization of the Windows XP operating system, custom device drivers and middleware developed by Open Labs and thousands of man-hours of testing and fine tuning.
- 5,000+ Sounds: All NeKo (Gen2) keyboard production stations come preinstalled with the Open Labs' Openscape sound library comprised of over 5,000 high quality sound presets, ready to use right out of the box. This factory library is substantially larger than the total capacity of most other keyboard workstations. On the other hand, the NeKo (Gen2) has the ability to handle up to several million sound presets along with complex effects.
- Interchangeable Control Modules: NeKo's interchangeable control modules provide a physical interface for easier control of software instruments and are designed to support virtually any future control options.
- Bring It!: Equipped with PCI slots that can accept up to full-size cards, the NeKo is the only keyboard that can accommodate your favorite DSP and audio upgrade cards.
- Intelligent Design: The NeKo (Gen2) is capable of interacting with your needs. NeKo will automatically slow down internal fan speeds and operate in the "RunSilent" mode, which reduces operational noise to almost silent when the processor is not being taxed. If additional processing power is needed, NeKo will automatically enter the "PowerRush" mode and clock-chip the processor up on-the-fly.
NeKo LE (Gen2) 76-key Computer-Based Keyboard Workstation
- Intel Pentium 4 (3.0GHz)
Alpha control module
Keyboard ("QWERTY") Module
Trackpad with 2 Buttons
76 Semi-weighted, synth-action keys
Pitch and Mod Wheel
(5) Full Length PCI Slots - (4) Available for Upgrades
5) Drive Bays: (3) 3.5" (Available) (1) 3.5" Start Up Drive, and (1) 5.25" Combo Drive (DVD Reader / CDRW CD-Burner) upgradeable to a Dual-Layer DVDRW burner (8.5GB per disk)
(2) analog ins, (2) analog outs, (2) S/PDIF outs, (2) Optical outs.
(1) 250GB, 7200RPM HD (base configuration) Upgradeable to 1 Terabyte (1) High Speed Combo Drive (DVD Reader / CDRW CD-Burner)
19" Rack Configuration I/O Panel
High Power Supply
Whisper Quiet Cooling Fans (Internal Chassis, Processor & Power Supply)
(4) USB Ports
Megagabit (10/100) Ethernet
Headphone Jack with Volume Control
Assignable Foot Switch
Windows XP Home
OpenSynth Custom GUI (Graphic User Interface)
Openscape factory sound library. Over 5000 sounds and 100's of effects are included!
Dimensions: 52"(W) X 20"(D) X 7"(H)
Weight: (base configuration): 46 lbs.