- Product 581560
Open Labs NeKo LX5 Portable Keyboard Workstation
- Write a Review
With a 15" touchscreen, 61 black-and-white keys, external QWERTY keyboard, and running Windows OS, the NeKo LX5 is a world-class multimedia instrumen...Read More
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Sequence songs, create beats, track vocals and instruments, trigger MP3s, and perform live”the NeKo LX5 does it all.
With a 15" touchscreen, 61 black-and-white keys, external QWERTY keyboard, and running Windows OS, the NeKo LX5 is a world-class multimedia instrument. This portable media production station was specifically designed with superb keyboard playability to meet the needs of studio music production and live performance effortlessly.
Open Labs NeKo LX5's optimized Windows OS natively supports virtually any music application or plug-in developed for a PC. From Pro Tools to Nuendo, Native Instruments Komplete to Spectrasonics Omnisphere, NeKo LX5 workstation does it all with ease.
This Gen5 NeKo LX5 keyboard workstation is equipped with the Bump MP integrated drum module, designed to allow the user to create beats and trigger any sound, loop, or sample in real time. Enhanced with a special Open Labs version of Guru from FXpansion, key features of the Bump MP include: (16 plus 1) fully assignable pads, note repeat, max level, fixed level fader, transport controls, chromatic mode, hold, pad tune, multiple groove preset, and eight engines with 24 presets per engine.
This special keyboard workstation is also equipped with the Open Labs Mix/Edit controller. The mixer section consists of multiple fully assignable controls including: (8) encoders, (8) lighted buttons, (8) faders, (4 X 4) banks (for a total of 128 channels), and (1) master volume fader. The edit section consists of multiple, fully assignable controls including: (8) encoders, (1) LCD display (for encoders), (4) buttons, and (4) banks (for a total of 32 control parameters).
NeKo LX5 is full of relevant and compelling sounds like Open Labs' The Master's Series Library produced by multi-platinum producer Mr. Porter (Denaun Porter), as well as Open Labs' own V5 sound, sample, and loop libraries.
Part of the included software package, Open Labs Riff is an entirely new concept in virtual instrument hosting. Written from the ground up by Open Labs, Riff encompasses over 6 years of live performance and studio production knowledge gathered from some of the world's top artists, engineers, composers, and producers. Its advanced features include Live Controls, which allow the user to create any number of virtual controls in real time that can be mapped to various effects and other parameters. Advanced intelligence allows any number of virtual controllers to manipulate any number of other virtual controllers, providing automation for virtual instruments and effects. Rewire allows for this powerful host application to be used within any DAW program.
Included in the NeKo LX5's arsenal are over 200 world-class virtual instruments and effects, as well as over 20,000 presets with virtually unlimited capability for third party plug-ins and applications.
Another advantage of the NeKo LX5 keyboard workstation is its compact design. It's perfect for working in a project studio or performing live”where creating beats, guitar, and vocal multi-tracking, and DJ/VJ capabilities are as necessary as playing a keyboard. Its assignable Master and DJ controllers elevate live performance far beyond the capabilities of traditional keyboards. For instance, you can trigger MP3s in real time, then grab audio waveforms via the touchscreen. To top things off, throw some realtime drum, bass, and vocal lines on top of your mix.
Open Labs instruments are equipped with FireWire, USB, PCI EXPRESS and an Ethernet port, allowing access to the Internet via a broadband connection. Open Labs' tech support can log-in to your system, and their online technicians can remotely view and diagnose any issue”while you are still in your own studio.
- 61-key semi-weighted synth action keyboard (World-class Fatar Technology)
- Control Surfaces: Pitch Bend and Modulation Wheels, Trackpad with 2 Buttons, External Keyboard ("QWERTY") Module, DJ Module: Penny and Giles Crossfader, 7 knobs, and 12 buttons
- High Speed Dual-Layer 8.5GB/Disk CD and DVD Burner
- Internal 15" color touchscreen LCD high-resolution (1024 x 768), external video port for running dual monitors or a video projector
- Included software
- Open Labs RiFF virtual instrument host
- Open Labs Karsyn V1.6 independent host for all of your PC-based Virtual Instruments (VST)
- 4Front Technology Truepianos provides the real feeling of an acoustic piano
- Wusik Wusikstation V3: powerful advanced hybrid vector & wave-sequencer sampler virtual instrument
- Lenna Digital Sylenth virtual analog synthesizer with over 700 presets
- Reaper DAW with unlimited tracks that records audio-MIDI and integrates all of your Karsyn presets in an easy-to-use, drag-and-drop format
- Also included:
- Livid Cell
- Acronus OEM
- Chicken Systems Format Converter
- Digital Sound Factory Proteus 2000
- Digital Sound Factory MoPhat
- Digital Sound Factory Virtuoso
- Dimension LE
- Mr Porter sounds
- New V5 Sound Library Software:
- Software: Microsoft Windows XP Home, Open Labs Custom GUI (Graphic User Interface), Open Labs Karsyn V1.6, Open Labs Riff, Open Labs MimiK, PC Angel
- PREMIUM Factory Sound Library V5: Accordion, Addictive Drums, Artphase, EVM Bassline, EVM Ultrasonique, BB303i, Blood Bucket, Crystal, Cubix, Highlife, Lallapallooza Lite, MDA DX10, MDA JX10, Microsynt, Mini Erhu, Minimal, Monolisa, Motion, Mr. Alias, Mr. Ray 22, Mr. Ray 73, Mr. Tramp, Nanotron 2, Organized Trio, Phadiz, Plugsound Free, Protoplasm 21, RealGuitar, Rez, Rogue, String Synth, String Theory, STS-26, Super Spook Keys, Synth 1, Tiki Clav
- Included Accessories:
- Power cable
- Quick Start guide
NeKo LX5 Portable Keyboard Workstation
- CPU: 2.5 GHz Core2Quad
Memory: 4GB RAM
Expansion Slots: (1) 5.25" Dual-Layer DVD-RW burner (8.5GB/disc)
(1) High Performance Audio I/O Card with Low Latency including 24-bit/96kHz professional 4-in/6-out: (2) mic/instrument preamp inputs (with Phantom Power 48V), (2) analog line inputs, (6) analog line outputs, S/PDIF digital I/O (coaxial), (1) Headphone Jack with Volume Control
Connection: MIDI In/Out, 1) Sustain and (1) Expression ports, 2) USB 2.0 ports, (1) FireWire 400 port, (1) Gigabit (10/100/1000) Ethernet port
Power Supply: 500+ Watt power supply, whisper quiet cooling fans (internal chassis, processor & power supply)
Dimensions: 46"W X 20"D X 7"H
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Open Labs NeKo LX5 Portable Keyboard Workstation:
If i had to do it all over again, I would. My first choice was the Lxd because of its portability.My wife pushed me into the 61 key lx5 instead of the 37 key lxd. But Im looking at the soundslate pro for stage use.. I did a test and performed a Show with just the lx5 , 2mics and I had access to a baby grand. We had tons of sequenced songs on this Duet gig. My wife sing and I sing and play keys. When we got there the baby grand was hit, out of tune, So I pulled up an Asc.piano from 4front assigned the mics with effects. We did 4 sets and recorded the whole show. GREAT. Also great to be listen back for evaluating and or doing live recording. Overall If you can do it.
you cant go wrong. Tech support is Great....
This board is incredible. Reaper is the Main Daw supplied with the Lx5.(Mapped to all your Knobs controliers, Mixers features,Pan plus more.. The lx5 Basically is all Plugins (outside of what you sample with "Mimik" software) and Yes Mimik does work. Im currently "Sampling stuff from my Jv2080 module, and my Emulator E6400. Oh yeah, lets not forget "Guru"(fx expansion program) it is The drum program inside of Openlabs Drum machine. it is Mapped for Guru. You can assign preset Mapped patterens, or assign sounds to pads, or map loops across the entire12 pads.. You can "stack or layer sounds per pad. like 2 kicks to 1 pad , and adjust volume an other parameters. Recording inside reaper is fairly simple. Ive done up to 20 or so tracks (audio) with a fair amount of processing and it has yet to "freeze up, or stop.with the stock ram and processing under windows xp. Currently I have 4 hds installed. and A backup drive externally. My next step up is to windows 7 64 bit with 8 gigs of ram (although) you can go to 32 gigs of ram with this upgrade . Run protools 9 , or Cubase, Sonar, Ableton Whatever Daw you Use. I Use Reaper 4.01, Sonar7 Wavelab, reason, and others. 15" touchscreen. My secondary screen is 27".
Excellent. Openlabs products support any desired plugin available. If it's for pc your Good.
Sample tank, Amplitube, Ivory, etc.Whatever you want....this Board has replaced My 1st studio Entirely.
Expensive. But to me it's worth it. Totally upgradable. More flexable and open ended. Thats what is meant by a Gen 4, Gen 5, or Gen6. I currently have a Gen 5.the upgrade puts it to Gen 6. Gen meaning (generation).
any Generaion can be upgraded to the present spec. (Gen6).