- Product 703216
Open Labs NEKO TSE Special Edition Keyboard Production Station
- Write a Review
The Timbaland Special Edition NeKo (NeKo TSE) is an all-in-one production studio powered by Windows XP, capable of running virtually any Windows XP c...Read More
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A Timbaland-inspired, all-in-one music production station.
The Timbaland Special Edition NeKo (NeKo TSE) is an all-in-one production studio powered by Windows XP, capable of running virtually any Windows XP compatible software, including a variety of DAW software, virtual instruments (VSTi), virtual effects (VST), and other music applications.
Timbaland, one of the hottest producers in the past decade, wanted the ability to work on his music from home on a larger unit and still be able to travel easily with his other Open Labs creation, the MiKo. So Open Labs obliged with the NeKo, which utilizes the same gear with matching specs and software. It provides the features that most people are looking for, at a more affordable price.
These Gen4 models are equipped with Intel Core2Quad processors providing exceptional processing power. With the edition of Translator, specially written for Open Labs by Chicken Systems, users can easily convert and manage many different file types within the Open Labs environment. Also included in the preinstalled software is Reaper from Cockos, a DAW with unlimited tracks, which records audio-midi and integrates all of the user's Karsyn presets in an easy-to-use, drag-and-drop format.
The NeKo TSE features E-MU's new Proteus X2 Streaming Sound Module V2.5 with over 10,148 instruments, including the new Ensoniq Urban Legends Sound Library that contains the sounds from Ensoniq's ASR/EPS/MR/ASR-X/ZR instruments. These sounds were specifically requested by Timbaland, and are only available in the TSE units. Running in the Proteus environment, these keyboards are reborn, giving you an incredible combination of high-end audio quality with virtual instruments that would cost you over $60,000 were you to buy the actual models individually.
Included in this special edition is the Open Labs sound library V4, which contains over 35-gigabytes of premium sounds, constituting 28,074 presets and Open Labs Special Edition plugins, optimized by the software developers for use with the NeKo.
Some of the other features include a 61-key semi-weighted synth action keyboard, pitch bend and modulation wheels, a trackpad with 2 buttons, a full (QWERTY) keyboard module, assignable alpha control module, DJ Module, an internal 15" color touch screen LCD with high resolution, and a built-in Presonus FireBox audio interface.
The PreSonus FireBox is a 24-bit/96kHz FireWire Recording System with a 6-in, 10-out computer recording interface. It boasts 2 crystal-clear Class A preamps with 45dB gain, ultra-wide 10Hz-50kHz frequency response, and professional 24-bit/96kHz converters with 110dB dynamic range for a big, musical sound.
It has 2 mic/instrument preamps with 48V phantom power conveniently located on the front panel. It gives you 2 balanced TRS line inputs, 6 balanced TRS analog outs, as well as MIDI and S/PDIF I/O. You can record through 6 inputs and playback through 8 outputs simultaneously. It also has a stereo headphone output and the main volume control on the front panel.
The FireBox is compatible with both Windows XP and Mac OS X and is compatible with many popular ASIO/WDM and Core Audio based applications including Sonar, Cubase, Nuendo, Logic, Digital Performer, Premier, and many others.
- 61-key semi-weighted synth action keyboard (with world-class Fatar Technology)
- Built-in Presonus FireBox interface
- Control Surfaces:
- Pitch Bend and modulation wheels
- Trackpad with 2 buttons
- Keyboard ("QWERTY") module
- Assignable alpha control module (5 faders, 5 modes buttons, 3 transpose buttons, 5 directions buttons, and 5 transport buttons)
- DJ Module: Penny and Giles crossfader, 7 knobs, and 12 buttons
- Audio I/O:
- High performance audio I/O card with low latency including 24-bit/96kHz professional 4-in/6-out
- 2 mic/instrument preamp inputs with Phantom Power of 48V
- 2 analog line inputs
- 6 analog line outputs
- S/PDIF digital I/O (coaxial)
- 1 headphone jack with volume control
- Internal 15" color touch screen LCD high resolution (1024 x 768)
- External video port for running dual monitors or a video projector
- Presonus FIreBox
- 24-bit/96kHz FireWire recording interface
- 2 front panel inputs with preamps and 48V phantom power
- 2 balanced TRS line inputs
- 6 balanced TRS analog outs
- MIDI I/O
- S/PDIF I/O
- Recording and playback through 6 inputs and 8 outputs simultaneously
- Stereo headphone output
- Volume control
- Compatible with most ASIO/WDM and Core Audio based applications
- MIDI In/Out
- Sustain and Expression ports
- 2 USB 2.0 ports
- FireWire 400 port
- Gigabit (10/100/1000) Ethernet port
- Microsoft Windows XP Home; Open Labs' Custom GUI, mFusion, Karsyn, MimiK; E-MU Proteus X2 Streaming Sound Module V2.5; ChickenSys Translator, Reaper
- PREMIUM Factory Sound Library V4:
- 28,074 presets (over 35GB of sounds) from over 60 virtual instruments including: E-MU's Ensoniq Urban Legends, Mo'Phatt X, Modern Symphonic Orchestra, Old World Instruments, Vintage X Pro Collection, Virtuoso X, and X2 Production Library, Truepianos, WusikStation V4, Extra Wusik Sound Libraries (Wusik Sound Magazine 1-13, HQ Strings, Choirs, GM), Purity, Sylenth 1, VB3 OL SE, Mr. Ray22, Mr. Ray73, Mr. Tramp, Organized Trio V3, Realguitar V2.1 OL SE, Discovery V2.10 OL SE, Vertigo V2.6 OL SE, HighLife V1.4, WIVI Trial Edt., Suburban Guitarist, Lollapalooza Lite OL SE, BB303i V2, Synth 1, Addictive Drums Demo, Ticky Clav, Delay Lama, Crystal V2.4, Sun RA, String Theory V1.5, Texture V1.2, Rez V2, Motion V2.8, Plugsound Free, Mini Dizi, Mini Erhu, EPiano Module, Rhodes Module, Bass Module, Rock, Bass Line, UltraSonique V1.1, Syncoder 32-2, Spook Keys, Super Spook Keys, Cubix V1.0.1, Minimal V1.5, Optik V1.4, Pandemonium V2, X-Fortuna, Lazer Blade Free, Protoplasm 21 Free, STS-25 Free, Ph0ne, Rogue, MicroSynt, Artphase V1.5, Mr. Alias V1.02, Blood Bucket V1, Monolisa V1.12, String Synth, PhadiZ, and Accordion.
- Included Accessories:
- AC cord
- Start guide
- Owner's manual (PDF)
- Motherboard manual
- Open Labs Sounds Utilities and Drivers DVD
- 3 Reference Maps
- 2.5mm wrench
- Additional screws and washers for hard drive upgrade
NEKO TSE Special Edition Keyboard Production Station
NeKo 1TB HD
Upgradeable to 1.5TB
High-speed, dual-layer 8.5GB disk CD and DVD Burner
500 + Watts
Whisper quiet cooling fans (internal chassis, processor & power supply)
Dimensions: 46"(W) X 7"(H) X 20"(D)
Preamp Bandwidth: 10Hz-50kHz
Preamp Input Impedance: 1.3k Ohms
Instrument Input Impedance: 1M Ohms
Preamp THD: <0.005%
Preamp EIN: -125dB
Preamp Gain: 45dB (+12dB digital boost switch)
Line Input Impedance: 10k Ohms
TRS Output Impedance: 51 Ohms
TRS Main Outputs Impedance: 51 Ohms
Headphone Output: 150mW/Ch 20Hz-20kHz
Phantom Power: 48V +/- 2V
Power Supply: Ext line Transformer, Internal Switching
Bus Power: 6-pin FireWire Port
Analog to Digital Converters: 24-bit/up to 96khz
ADC Dynamic Range: 107dB
DAC: 24-bit/up to 96kHz
DAC Dynamic Range: 110dB
IEEE1394 Speed: 400mbps
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
Excellent machine at what its supposed to do. However, be careful when plugging in USB or Firewire components to the back of the unit. This may cause your audio interface card (presonus firebox) to go out of sync, making your unit useless. Google: Presonus Firebox Redlight.
The best piece of production equipment ever!!! what is it that u cant do with this machine???