- Write a Review
The legendary Jupiter series returns with more power and possibilities than ever.
One of the most revered prefixes (Jupiter) in the history of synthesis returns. Welcome the arrival of the Roland JUPITER-80 – a live-performance powerhouse that pays homage to its legendary namesake with road-proven hardware and massive sound, yet blasts into the future with advanced SuperNATURAL technology. The JUPITER-80's expressive, organic approach to synthesis makes a new world of sound design possible with multilayered SuperNATURAL textures under the control of a full-color touchscreen and creative hands-on controllers. Experience the metamorphosis of a legend with the JUPITER-80.
Past, present, and future sound
The JUPITER-80 nods to its past with lethal, multi-layered SuperNATURAL synthesizer tones so fat you'll need a knife to cut through it, but that's only the beginning of what this powerhouse synth will do. Gigging musicians will love the stockpile of essential sounds onboard, including Roland's famous SuperNATURAL Piano, strings, brass, and much more. The JUPITER-80 puts a fast-access user interface under your fingers-a dream for live performance. Its heavyweight design, complete with metal side panels, recalls the legendary JUPITER but with a modern twist.
Powerful live sets featuring four-tone structure and registrations
JUPITER-80's sound engine handles four x tones with dedicated DSP per tone as a basic unit "Live Set" for manual performance. Layering of Upper and Lower Live Sets, plus a specialized "SOLO" part, means the incredibly massive nine-tone-stack sound. Customized complex settings can be saved as Registrations, and easily recalled during live performance.
You will love the deep possibilities of the stackable SuperNATURAL architecture and unique features such as Tone Blender, which tweaks values of multiple parameters simultaneously and lets you "Capture" any new combination and save it as a Live Set. Create complex, emotional textures that respond, react, and evolve like nothing you've heard before. Tone Blender can also dramatically enhance your live-performance capabilities by letting you assign its multiple parameters to controllers such as the D Beam.
- Powerful integrated SuperNATURAL synthesis engines designed for legendary vintage synth sounds to realistic organic acoustic sounds and more
- Single Tone is equivalent to the performance of powerful single synthesizer”stack four of these to create a mind-blowing "Live Set"
- Tone Blender tweaks multiple parameters of tones in realtime for complex, emotive sonic movement during performance
- Fast, friendly operation with intuitive front panel and color touchscreen optimized for live performance
- 76-note semi-weighted synth keyboard, and 256 polyphonic voices (varies according to sound-generator load)
- USB-memory Song Player/Recorder for backing tracks or quick idea capture
- Easy integration with computers via built-in USB-MIDI/Audio interface
If you missed out on your chance to own a Jupiter synth, your time has come. Order today!
- Live Set (Upper/Lower part)
- Multi-effects (MFX): 4 units (parallel connection only), 76 types per each Upper/Lower (total: 8 units)
- Reverb: 1 unit, 5 types per each Upper/Lower (total: 2 units)
- Solo part/Percussion part
- Compressor + Equalizer + Delay: 1 set per each Solo/Percussion (total: 2 sets)
- Reverb: 1 unit, 5 types
- Master effects
- 4-band equalizer: 1 unit
- Tracks: 1 stereo track
- Playable File Format: WAV, AIFF, MP3
- Recording File Format: WAV (44.1 kHz, 16-bit Linear, stereo)
- Effects: 4-band equalizer
- External Memory: USB flash memory (sold separately)
- * Use USB flash drive sold by Roland. We cannot guarantee operation if other products are used.
- Preset: 128 styles
- User: 128 styles
- Harmony Intelligence: 17 types
- D Beam Controller
- Pitch Bend/Modulation Lever
- Assignable buttons (S1, S2)
- Assignable knobs (E1--E4)
- PART LEVEL sliders (PERC, LOWER, UPPER, SOLO)
- : Graphic color LCD 800 x 480 dots (touch screen)
- PHONES jack (stereo 1/4-inch phone type)
- MAIN OUT jacks (L, R) (XLR type)
- MAIN OUT jacks (L/MONO, R) (1/4-inch TRS phone type)
- SUB OUT jacks (L, R) (1/4-inch phone type)
- AUDIO IN jack (Stereo miniature phone type)
- DIGITAL AUDIO OUT jack (COAXIAL)
- FOOT PEDAL jacks (CTRL 1, CTRL 2, HOLD)
- MIDI Connectors (IN, OUT, THRU)
- USB COMPUTER port (Audio/MIDI)
- USB Memory port
- AC IN jack
- : 25 W
- :Width: 48-1/2" (1,231 mm)
- Depth: 17-5/16" (439 mm)
- Height: 5-1/2" (140 mm)
- Weight: 39 lb. 1 oz. (17.7 kg)
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.