- Product 700876
Roland MV-8800 Production Studio
- Write a Review
Roland sets a new standard in music production power and flexibility with the MV-8800. Based on the Roland MV-8000 that has been a coveted centerpiec...Read More
We're sorry—this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Similar Items:
We're sorry—this item is unavailable.
Roland sets a new standard in music production power and flexibility with the MV-8800. Based on the Roland MV-8000 that has been a coveted centerpiece for many of the world's greatest hip-hop and R&B producers, the MV-8800 adds even more power to create massive grooves and sinuous beats.
Synthesis, Sampling, Recording, Mixing, Mastering
The MV-8800 is a fully equipped sampler and synthesizer with parameters that can be edited and automated with the assignable sliders and/or with a VGA monitor and mouse (VGA monitor optional, mouse included). It's also an advanced multitrack recorder equipped with an automated 24-channel stereo mixer and mega effects processor. Mastering tools are provided as well, including a parametric mastering EQ, enhancer, expander, multiband compressor, mastering limiter and soft-clip algorithm with output dithering.
Sound Library Onboard
Create your own sounds or load up to 128 instruments or drum kits at once from the MV-formatted sound library that's pre-installed on the hard drive. Newly created drum kits are provided, including a special collection of 16 vintage drum machines such as the legendary Roland TR-808 and TR-909. Acoustic and electric pianos, strings, guitars, horns, synth basses and other essential instruments are also included.
Amazing Pitch & Time Control
Load hundreds of loops, hits, or vocal phrases at once, all with realtime BPM matching. Just tap the tempo, and all the samples lock to your new tempo! You can match the pitches of melodic phrases just as easily. Create loop-based tracks on the fly, all locked together in perfect pitch and time sync.
Vintage & Modern Effects
An incredible lineup of modern and vintage effects is built into the MV-8800, including models of classic Roland SRV reverbs, SDD-320 Chorus, SBF-325 Flanger, Boss BF-2 and HF-2 pedals, and the legendary RE-201 Space Echo. The MV-8800's multi-effects processor includes an Analog Modeling Bass that turns the MFX engine into a virtual SH-style bass synthesizer. All MFX knob tweaks can be automated as you mix.
Produce finished tracks with this fully integrated hip-hop/R&B production powerhouse!
- Complete production solution, from beat creation and multitrack recording to mixing, mastering and CD burning
- Tight integration of drum machine-style pattern recording and DAW-style linear recording
- Realtime control of audio pitch and time, groove quantize, and pattern/song arrangements--great for both studio and stage
- World-class sound library preinstalled on the internal hard drive Legendary Roland instrument and effects simulations onboard, including TR-808, TR-909, SRV reverb, SDD-320 Chorus, 325 Flanger, Boss BF-2 and HF-2, and RE-201 Space Echo
- Color LCD with icon-oriented interface
- Built-in VGA port and optical mouse for DAW-style sound editing with optional VGA monitor
Start producing monster grooves with this all-in-one desktop studio designed for hip-hop and R&B producers. Order today with the assuranc e of our dual guarantees!
MV-8800 Production Studio
- Sampler Section
- Audio Data Format: 16-bit linear
- Sampling Frequency: 44.1 kHz (fixed) Maximum Polyphony 64 voices
- Parts: 16 (Instruments) + 9 (Audio Tracks) + 1 (Audio Phrases)
- Wave Memory (RAM) DIMM: 1 slot (168 pins, PC100 CL = 2 or PC133 CL = 3, 3.3 V, 128 M bytes, 256 M bytes, 512 M bytes), 128 M bytes (standard), Expandable up to 512 M bytes (replacement to 512 M bytes DIMM is required.)
- Maximum Sampling Time: with 128 M bytes DIMM (standard), mono: 24 min. approx. (stereo: 12 min. approx.) - with 512 M bytes DIMM (expanded), mono: 100 min. approx. (stereo: 50 min. approx.)
- Effects Multi-effects (MFX): 1 (25 types), Reverb: 1 (2 types), Chorus: 1 (4 types), Mastering Tool Kit: 1 (only in the Mastering Mode)
- Sequencer Section
- Tracks: Song MIDI tracks (1 MIDI channel per track): 128, Audio tracks: 8, Pattern track: 1, Tempo track: 1, Mute Control Track: 1, Pattern: MIDI tracks (1 MIDI channel per track): 64, Audio track: 1, Mute Control Track: 1
- Resolution: 480 TPQN
- Tempo: 5 to 300
- Note Capacity: approx. 150,000 notes
- Song Length: 9,999 measures
- Recording Method: Event recording (Realtime/Step), Audio recording
- Project Songs: 16, Patterns: 500, Patches: 16 (per Song), Partials: 96 (16 pads x 6 banks per Patch), Samples: 9,999, Audio Phrases: 512 (16 pads x 32 banks), Patch Libraries: 128, MIDI Clips: 100, Multi-effects (MFX) Libraries: 144 (Preset: 44, User: 100), Chorus Libraries: 52 (Preset: 2, User: 50), Reverb Libraries: 54 (Preset: 4, User: 50), Mastering Tool Kit Libraries: 76 (Preset: 26, User: 50), Still Images (Photos) for Pix Jam Function: 16
- Signal Processing: AD Conversion: 24 bits, 64 times oversampling, DA Conversion: 24 bits, 128 times oversampling
- Frequency Response: MIC/Line Inputs: 20 Hz to 20 kHz (+0/-2 dB)
- Nominal Input Level MIC/Line Inputs: -50 to +14 dBu (maximum +26 dBu: balanced, maximum +20 dBu: unbalanced), Phono Inputs: -87 to -27 dBu Input Impedance MIC/Line Inputs: 40 k, Phono Inputs: 50 k
- Nominal Output Level: +4 dBu (balanced)
- Output Impedance: 600
- Recommended Load Impedance: Master Outputs: 10 k or greater, Headphones: 8 to 600
- Residual Noise Level -86 dBu or less (SENS: LINE, Phono Input Jacks: short-circuited, IHF-A Typ.)
- Display: Graphic 320 x 240 dots backlit LCD (Color)
- Pads: 16 Pads, Velocity and Aftertouch sensitive
- Controllers Effects Control Knobs: C1 to C3, Mixer Sliders: 1 to 8 n Hard Disk Drive 2.5 inches, 40 G bytes
- CD-R/RW Drive: Built-in type CD-DA, CD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW
- Connectors: Phono Input Jacks: L, R (RCA phono type), MIC/Line Input Jacks: L, R (1/4 inch TRS phone type), Master Output Jacks: L, R (1/4 inch TRS phone type), Headphone Jack: Stereo 1/4 inch phone type, Digital Out Connector: A Coaxial type, Digital Out Connector: B Optical type, MIDI Connectors: IN, OUT A, OUT B, USB Connector: supports file transfer (mass storage class), VGA Out Connector: HD DB-15 type, PS/2 Mouse Connector: 6-pin mini DIN type, Foot Switch Jack: 1/4 inch phone type, AC Inlet
- Power Supply AC 115 V, AC 117 V, AC 220 V, AC 230 V, AC 240 V (50/60 Hz)
- Power Consumption 35 W
- Dimensions: 480 (W) x 482 (D) x 136 (H) mm/ 18-15/16 (W) x 19 (D) x 5-3/8 (H) inches
- Weight: 9.0 kg / 19 lbs 14 oz
- Operating Temperature: 41 to 104 degrees Fahrenheit, (5 to 40 degrees centigrade)
- Options Foot Switch: BOSS FS-5U, Pedal Switch: DP-2
- The specifications are subject to change without notice.
- Actual product appearance may be subject to change.
Reviewed by 8 customers
Displaying reviews 1-8
yo this crazy machine is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I bought mv88 couple of weeks back and I love this machine, makin a combo with fantom x6 is a great thing. Color screen, vga card, mouse, these are things which makes this sampler CRAZY. Pads are great, lots of options and efx, I could write all day long but I don't have time because my mv is waitin. MPC is oldschool this is new school. For the money I'd rather buy mv than mpc.
ive had my mv for about 4 months and im happy.i wasnt in to sampling but with the mv you just gotta because its so flippin easy to make chop based music.it dosent ship with a lot of sounds but you can load a bunch of sound libraries. im still learning but once again im happy.
I bought the Roland MV-8800 and it is sure a handful. It is very hard to use at first because of all the features. Once you get into it though, it will unlick another world for your music. If you already use an MPC, buy this immediately. If you produce with a computer it will take you a little longer to understand this piece of equipment. You can, however hook up a mouse and moniter to the MV8800 which makes it much, much easier to use. I would recommend this product to anybody who is serious about producing REAL hip hop music. Peace.
WOW! I already have the MV-8000 and I just went out and bought the MV-8800. I really think that it couldn't have gotten better than the 8000, except for the colorless monitor on the console, but it has! Alot more sounds, alot more features, and alot more freedom.....that's unbelievable. I guess I will figure out what to do with the 8000, heck, I guess it won't hurt to have two of them.
I bought this machine a few days ago and don't regret it at all. I've used MPC's (I've had six of them) and also software (Pro Tools, Logic and Live), but this has to be one of the most fast and creative units I've had in my life, period. As has already been noted, MV-NATION is a great place for information and also the official Roland Clan Forum. Excellent sound quality (just listen to some of the 808 kits and you'll know what I'm talking about), VGA and mouse board now included and gets the job done like nothing else I've used.
I have owned this powerful machine for about 3 weeks now, and Im telling you I cannot keep off of this thing. I would recommennd reading the manual once, then go to the MV-Nation forum. The guys/gals in the forum have alot of experience with this machine.The MV-8800 surpasses the previous MV-8000 becasue of the additional kits, and you now have the vga port built in the machine!I produce alot of hip/hop and r&b track so I think its great. The competition, the MPC 4000 is a great machine as well, but they lack the "all in one" features, which why I believe this machine has a greater pruduction edge.
I'am a dirty south producer who where looking for a machine that favor fruity loop's. Well I found the roland mv 8800 and I'am loving it. It's easy to sequence and set up track's. I had it for 3 day's and I'am almost close to mastering it. If your a software like me and you want to transfer to hardware, then get the roland mv. YOU WON'T REGRET IT !!!!!!!