- Product 500543
Roland RD-700GX Package
- Write a Review
This package includes the flagship 88-key, USB-equipped RD-700NX, which features Roland's "Ivory Feel" and their latest sound engine featuring SuperN...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A top-of-the-line Roland digital stage piano with bench and stand.
This package includes the flagship 88-key, USB-equipped RD-700NX, which features Roland's "Ivory Feel" and their latest sound engine featuring SuperNATURAL instruments for unprecidented realism. You also get a 250lb. capacity deluxe X stand, with quikSQUEEZE adjustment system (height: 27"-39", width: 11"-31"); and a thickly padded, folding X-style bench, adjustable from 17"-19".
The RD-700NX's acoustic piano sounds are derived from Roland's acclaimed SuperNATURAL Piano sound engine. There are three acoustic piano types onboard (Concert, Studio, and Brilliant) and 30 variations to choose from. With SuperNATURAL Piano technology, three essential elements are dramatically improved: velocity response, note decay, and key-range behavior. Where previous technology created coarse "stair-step" gaps in velocity and key range, and unnatural looping in note decay, SuperNATURAL Piano bridges the gaps with perfectly smooth and natural three-dimensional sound and response.
For EP lovers, the RD-700NX contains a SuperNATURAL-based electric piano that meticulously models vintage electric pianos from the 1960s, '70s, and '80s. Beyond standard EP modeling, SuperNATURAL technology enables completely new types of EP sounds to be created. You can change the position of the virtual pickups, for example, or exchange components of the sound generating system entirely.
PHA III Keyboard
The RD-700NX's PHA III Keyboard with Escapement offers maximum comfort, playability, and response. PHA III improves key repetition and perfectly conveys dynamic, velocity-based tonal changes. The escapement mechanism recreates the authentic "click feel" of a grand-piano keyboard, which particularly enhances expression when playing pianissimo. The keyboard also features Roland's acclaimed Ivory Feel, a comfortable and realistic moisture-absorbent material that prevents slipping from perspiration during performance. The authentic coloration of grand-piano keys can also been seen on the sides of the white keys.
The innovative Sound Focus feature ensures that every note will be heard, even subtle pianissimo passages. Based on SuperNATURAL phase-correction technology, this essential feature ensures the RD-700NX won't get lost in the mix, penetrating through walls of sound without compressing or coloring the tone. Players can relax and play naturally, achieving presence onstage without sacrificing dynamics and sound quality.
The popular One Touch Piano feature from previous RD-series pianos has been enhanced in the RD-700NX. It provides instant access to standard piano sounds and setups with the touch of a button. Three types of acoustic pianos and three types of electric pianos are now available for instant One Touch recall.
Sight & Sound
Along with the gorgeous grand pianos and EPs, hundreds of additional sounds are built into the RD-700NX: 242 tones, 10 Tone Wheel organs, 256 GM2 tones, 5 rhythm sets, and 9 GM2 rhythm sets in all. Sifting through the sound library is fast and convenient with the new, high-resolution LCD, which provides clearer visibility and a beautiful graphical user interface.
On-Stage Stands Deluxe Keyboard X Stand
The On-Stage Stands Deluxe Keyboard X Stand is capable of securely supporting up to 250 lb. It's easily adjustable thanks to the no-fuss, patent-pending quikSQUEEZE adjustment system. This stand makes setup and performance a breeze. Constructed from 3/4" tubing with adjustable height of 27" to 39" and adjustable width of 11" to 31".
Musician's Gear AKT-66 bench
Easy-fold, stable "X" design for convenience and comfort. Fully adjustable with large, extra-thick, padded seat cushion. Minimum-maximum seat height: 17"-19".
- SuperNATURAL Piano sound engine (3 types, 9 Tone variations, 30 Live Sets), E.Piano based on SuperNATURAL technology (3 types, 12 Tone variations, 30 Live Sets)
- Hundreds of other sounds including 10 Virtual Tone Wheel Organs built in
- Storage for 100 Live Sets (combinations of layers, zones, effects, and various tone parameters)
- Deluxe PHA III Ivory Feel Keyboard with Escapement
- Innovative Sound Focus feature ensures that every note will be heard in the mix, even subtle pianissimo passages, without compressing or coloring the sound
- Extensive multi-effects processing options
- Instant access to standard piano and EP sounds via One Touch Piano buttons
- Master MIDI control features plus four MIDI ports (MIDI IN, MIDI OUT x 2, MIDI OUT/THRU)
- Balanced XLR outputs; USB ports for data storage and audio-play functionality
- Ideal for medium-format keyboards
- Supports 250lb.
- 3/4" tubing
- Adjustable height from 27"-39"
- Adjustable width from 11"-31"
- Strong, bolted construction
- Stable "X" design folds easily
- Fully adjustable
- Thick, padded seat
Get a professional keyboard, bench, and stand all at once with this great package. Order today.
- Keyboard: 88 keys (PHA III Ivory Feel Keyboard with Escapement)
- Maximum Polyphony: 128 voices
- Parts: Live Set (4 layers) + 16 parts
- Sound Generator: SuperNATURAL Piano, SuperNATURAL (E.Piano), Virtual Tone Wheel Organ, PCM Sound Generator, GM2 (for SMF Playback)
- Live Set
- Preset: 300
- User: 100
- Multi-Effects: 2 x 4 systems, 84 types
- Reverb: 6 types
- Chorus: 3 types
- 3-band Compressor
- 4-band Digital Equalizer
- SMF/Audio File Player
- File Format
- Standard MIDI File: format-0/1
- Audio File: WAV (44.1kHz, 16-bit linear), MP3
- Audio CDs (CD-DA) (when using optional CD drive)
- Recorder Section
- File Format: Audio File: WAV (44.1kHz, 16-bit linear)
- Rhythm Pattern: 200 patterns
- LAYER LEVEL slider x 4 (Assignable)
- EQUALIZER knobs
- REVERB knob, CHORUS knob
- COMPRESSOR knob, SOUND FOCUS knob
- Pitch Bend/Modulation lever
- S1/S2 Buttons (Assignable)
- Display: 240 x 128 dots graphic LCD (with backlit)
- Output Jacks (L/MONO, R): 1/4-inch phone type
- Output Jacks (L, R): XLR type
- DAMPER Pedal Jack
- CONTROL Pedal Jack (FC1, FC2)
- MIDI Connectors (IN, OUT1, OUT2, THRU/OUT3)
- USB Connectors (MIDI, Memory)
- PHONES Jack: Stereo 1/4 inch phone type
- AC Inlet
- Power Consumption: 12 W
- Accessories: Owner's Manual, Damper Pedal (capable of continuous detection), Power Cord
- Size and weight
- Width: 56-7/8", (1,444mm)
- Depth: 14-13/16", (375mm)
- Height: 5-7/8", (148mm)
- Weight: 55lb. 2 oz., (25.0kg)
- Keyboard Stand: KS-G8
- Piano Pedal: RPU-3
- Damper Pedal: DP-10
- Pedal Switch: DP-2
- Expression Pedal: EV-5, EV-7
- USB CD Drive: CD-01A USB Memory
Reviewed by 3 customers
Displaying reviews 1-3
Comments about Roland RD-700GX Package:
This is quite a keyboard. The keys feel just like an acoustic piano! Truly a great way to get practice for an acoustic piano.As for the sounds, perhaps I did not get good enough monitors or did not place them properly (I have the M-Audio BX5a Deluxe) but there is something missing compared to my upright acoustic Yamaha U3. I suppose digital pianos still cannot quite capture that resonance. Since, I am a beginner, this is a little disheartening that even I could tell, but this is somewhat to be expected.I just wanted to set expectations for those who own an acoustic piano. That said, I still heartily recommend this digital keyboard as you have tremendous flexibility, far less maintenance, and a lot less space used.Mind you, this is even with the SuperNatural sound board which I purchased separately.Additional Accessories Used that are NOT part of the kit:XLR Microphone cablesM-Audio BX5a MonitorsSupernatural Piano KitAccessories:The stand provided seems quite wobbily for the RD-700GX. It is quite stable, but I got some keyboard shake as I played. I don't mind it too much, but you might want to pickup a better stand.The seat is horrifically inflexible as I need it to be high enough for me to avoid carpal tunnel syndrome while using the keyboard. I would recommend buying a new one immediately.The free keyboard they throw is a nice touch albeit woefully outclassed compared to the RD-700GX. However, the RD-700GX is fairly bulky to carry around by yourself easily so I can see this as somewhat useful.Even if the accessories are not top notch, considering the price for the keyboard alone is the same as the kit (as of 6/13/2010), you might as well get the bundle. I would just budget in for a new stand and seat.
Comments about Roland RD-700GX Package:
I currently own the RD 600. I absolutely LOVE the rich acoustic piano sounds, but I was ready to update my Roland. I purchased the RD700GX but was disappointed that it did not have the rich acoustic piano sound that my RD600 has. I was told I could purcase software to add richer piano sounds but the cost would be several hundred additionally. I do not understand why Roland did not duplicate rich piano sounds of the RD600 in the RD700. Unfortuntely, I returned it. For that amount of money, I will wait until they perfect the piano sound.
Comments about Roland RD-700GX Package:
This keyboard is awesome, the best I ever played. The effects are awesome and rich in tone and the touch is beyond amazing. You can even tell a big difference from the 300gx. The touch to me resembles the touch of a 7 foot Steinway Grand Piano. Just awesome. Better then the upright acoustic piano I play I at home. This piano also has great dynamics.It is expensive, but definitely worth every dollar. As soon as I have enough, I'm getting it no questions asked.