- Product H68034
Roland RD-700NX Stage Piano with RPU-3 Pedal
- Write a Review
The RD-700NX is a flagship stage piano that boasts an advanced SuperNATURAL Piano sound engine, electric piano sounds based on SuperNATURAL technolog...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Raises the bar for onstage performance with its incredible sound, touch, and control.
The RD-700NX is a flagship stage piano that boasts an advanced SuperNATURAL Piano sound engine, electric piano sounds based on SuperNATURAL technology, a deluxe PHA III Ivory Feel Keyboard with Escapement, a unique Sound Focus feature, and a newly improved user interface with a large, high-resolution LCD. Whether your performances focus strictly on piano or a world of sound via master MIDI control, the RD-700NX is a dream instrument for the stage.
The RD-700NX's acoustic piano sounds are derived from Roland's acclaimed SuperNATURAL Piano sound engine. There are three acoustic piano types onboard (Concert, Studio, and Brilliant) and 30 variations to choose from. With SuperNATURAL Piano technology, three essential elements are dramatically improved: velocity response, note decay, and key-range behavior. Where previous technology created coarse "stair-step" gaps in velocity and key range, and unnatural looping in note decay, SuperNATURAL Piano bridges the gaps with perfectly smooth and natural three-dimensional sound and response.
For EP lovers, the RD-700NX contains a SuperNATURAL-based electric piano that meticulously models vintage electric pianos from the 1960s, '70s, and '80s. Beyond standard EP modeling, SuperNATURAL technology enables completely new types of EP sounds to be created. You can change the position of the virtual pickups, for example, or exchange components of the sound generating system entirely.
PHA III Keyboard
The RD-700NX's PHA III Keyboard with Escapement offers maximum comfort, playability, and response. PHA III improves key repetition and perfectly conveys dynamic, velocity-based tonal changes. The escapement mechanism recreates the authentic "click feel" of a grand-piano keyboard, which particularly enhances expression when playing pianissimo. The keyboard also features Roland's acclaimed Ivory Feel, a comfortable and realistic moisture-absorbent material that prevents slipping from perspiration during performance. The authentic coloration of grand-piano keys can also been seen on the sides of the white keys.
The innovative Sound Focus feature ensures that every note will be heard, even subtle pianissimo passages. Based on SuperNATURAL phase-correction technology, this essential feature ensures the RD-700NX won't get lost in the mix, penetrating through walls of sound without compressing or coloring the tone. Players can relax and play naturally, achieving presence onstage without sacrificing dynamics and sound quality.
The popular One Touch Piano feature from previous RD-series pianos has been enhanced in the RD-700NX. It provides instant access to standard piano sounds and setups with the touch of a button. Three types of acoustic pianos and three types of electric pianos are now available for instant One Touch recall.
Sight & Sound
Along with the gorgeous grand pianos and EPs, hundreds of additional sounds are built into the RD-700NX: 242 tones, 10 Tone Wheel organs, 256 GM2 tones, 5 rhythm sets, and 9 GM2 rhythm sets in all. Sifting through the sound library is fast and convenient with the new, high-resolution LCD, which provides clearer visibility and a beautiful graphical user interface.
Combining three pedals into one convenient and clutter-free unit, the RPU-3 offers a real grand piano pedaling experience. It features separate 1/4" outputs for each of its three pedals. In addition to providing the same pedal configuration as a grand piano, the RPU-3 also provides hands-free control of various instrument functions.
- SuperNATURAL Piano sound engine (3 grand-piano types, 30 variations), EP based on SuperNATURAL technology (10 EP types, 15 variations)
- Hundreds of built-in sounds: 242 normal tones, 10 Tone Wheel organs, 256 GM2 tones, 5 rhythm sets, and 9 GM2 rhythm sets
- Storage for 100 Live Sets (combinations of layers, zones, effects, and various tone parameters)
- Deluxe PHA III Ivory Feel Keyboard with Escapement
- Innovative Sound Focus feature ensures that every note will be heard in the mix, even subtle pianissimo passages, without compressing or coloring the sound
- Extensive multi-effects processing options
- Instant access to standard piano and EP sounds via One Touch Piano buttons
- Master MIDI control features plus four MIDI ports (MIDI IN, MIDI OUT x 2, MIDI OUT/THRU)
- Balanced XLR outputs; USB ports for data storage and audio-play functionality
RD-700NX Stage Piano with RPU-3 Pedal
Keyboard: 88 keys (PHA III Ivory Feel Keyboard with Escapement)
Maximum Polyphony: 128 voices
Parts: Live Set (4 layers) + 16 parts
Sound Generator: SuperNATURAL Piano, SuperNATURAL (E.Piano), Virtual Tone Wheel Organ, PCM Sound Generator, GM2 (for SMF Playback)
- Live Set
- Preset: 300
- User: 100
- Multi-Effects: 2 x 4 systems, 84 types
- Reverb: 6 types
- Chorus: 3 types
- 3-band Compressor
- 4-band Digital Equalizer
SMF/Audio File Player
- File Format
- Standard MIDI File: format-0/1
- Audio File: WAV (44.1 kHz, 16-bit linear), MP3
- Audio CDs (CD-DA) (when using optional CD drive)
File Format: Audio File: WAV (44.1 kHz, 16-bit linear)
Rhythm Pattern: 200 patterns
- LAYER LEVEL slider x 4 (Assignable)
- EQUALIZER knobs
- REVERB knob, CHORUS knob
- COMPRESSOR knob, SOUND FOCUS knob
- Pitch Bend/Modulation lever
- S1/S2 Buttons (Assignable)
Display: 240 x 128 dots graphic LCD (with backlit)
- OUTPUT Jacks (L/MONO, R): 1/4-inch phone type
- OUTPUT Jacks (L, R): XLR type
- DAMPER Pedal Jack
- CONTROL Pedal Jack (FC1, FC2)
- MIDI Connectors (IN, OUT1, OUT2, THRU/OUT3)
- USB Connectors (MIDI, Memory)
- PHONES Jack: Stereo 1/4 inch phone type
- AC Inlet
Power Consumption: 12 W
Accessories: Owner's Manual, Damper Pedal (capable of continuous detection), Power Cord
Size and Weight
Width: 56-7/8 inches, (1,444 mm)
Depth: 14-13/16 inches, (375 mm)
Height: 5-7/8 inches, (148 mm)
Weight: 55 lbs. 2 oz., (25.0 kg)
- Keyboard Stand: KS-G8
- Piano Pedal: RPU-3
- Damper Pedal: DP-10
- Pedal Switch: DP-2
- Expression Pedal: EV-5, EV-7
- USB CD Drive: CD-01A USB Memory