- Product 704445
Roland SonicCell 128-Voice Expandable Synth Module with Audio Interface
- Write a Review
SonicCell puts the power and legendary sound quality of a Roland hardware synthesizer on your desktop. With its dual SRX expansion bay, built-in USB ...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
SonicCell puts the power and legendary sound quality of a Roland hardware synthesizer on your desktop. With its dual SRX expansion bay, built-in USB audio interface, and ability to play SMFs and WAV/AIFF/MP3 files, SonicCell is a dream for computer-based musicians and live performers who seek a compact, integrated pro sound module and USB audio-interface solution.
Superior Sound Module
Equipped with a state-of-the-art sound engine, SonicCell delivers the pristine sound quality of a dedicated Roland hardware synth. A remarkable new waveform set has been created for SonicCell, including a world-class collection of acoustic instruments, drums, and percussion that are expertly programmed to provide the ultimate in expression and realism. SonicCell's internal sound bank can even be expanded and customized via its two internal SRX expansion bays. Choose from over a dozen of Roland's famous SRX Expansion boards (sold separately) that cover a vast world of musical instruments and styles. Whether you're driving SonicCell from a computer, another synthesizer, or a MIDI keyboard or guitar controller, you'll enjoy unsurpassed sound quality, reliability, and flexibility.
Seamless Computer Connectivity
SonicCell is ideal for musicians who use a PC as the core of their writing, recording, and performing universe. More than a mere sound module, SonicCell is equipped with a built-in USB audio interface. Simply connect SonicCell directly to your computer's USB port, and you can record and create music with no additional hardware required. You can even plug a microphone, guitar, or other instruments into SonicCell and record your live audio tracks directly into your computer. And since SonicCell can help minimize the burden on the computer's processor, you'll enjoy more efficient and stable performance. As an added bonus, a free copy of Cakewalk's Sonar LE recording software is included with every SonicCell sold, as is a plug-in style PC software editor, which makes sound designing and effects programming fast and friendly. SonicCell is the perfect all-in-one solution for synthesis and recording.
Ultra-Handy Backing Machine
In addition to its high-quality synthesis and audio-interface functions, SonicCell can be used as a virtual backing band. Simply create a playlist of your songs or backing tracks with the software Playback Editor (included free with SonicCell), and transfer the playlist to a commercially available USB memory stick. Insert the stick into SonicCell's USB port, and it will become a stand-alone song player that you can play and control onstage or anywhere you perform. SonicCell can play back WAV, AIFF, and MP3 files. It evens plays Standard MIDI Files!
- 128-voice sound module with new sound set, featuring super-realistic acoustic instruments
- USB audio interface functionality plus USB-memory host function
- SMF and audio data playback capability via USB host function
- 2 SRX expansion slots for adding great new sounds
- VSTi/AU Editor software for PC/Mac and Cakewalk SONAR LE included for computer integration
- The SonicCell optional Gig Bag and Desktop Stand are available
- Parts: 16 parts
- Maximum Polyphony: 128 voices
- Wave Memory: 128 M bytes (16-bit linear equivalent)
- Expansion Slots: Expansion of waveforms and patchs for the internal sound generatorSRX expansion boards: 2 slots
- External Memory: USB Memory
- Patches: 896 + 256 (GM2)
- Rhythm Sets: 32 + 9 (GM2)
- Performances: 64
- Patches: 256
- Rhythm Sets: 32
- Performances: 64
- Multi-Effects: 3 systems, 78 types
- Chorus: 3 types
- Reverb: 5 types
- Input Effect: 6 types
- Mastering Effect: 3 bands Compressor
- Input: 1 pair of stereo (MIC, GUITAR: Monaural/LINE: Stereo)
- Output: 1 pair of stereo
- PC interface: 24 bits
- AD/DA Conversion: 24 bits
- AD/DA Conversion: 44.1/48/96 kHz
- Input jack (MIC/GUITAR/LINE (L) )
- Mic: -50-- -30 dBu
- Guitar: -30-- -10 dBu
- Line: -30-- -10 dBu
- Input jack (LINE (R) )
- Line: -30-- -10 dBu
- Output jacks: -10 dBu
- Standard MIDI File: format-0/1
- Audio File: WAV, AIFF, MP3
- 128 x 64 dots organic EL graphic display
- Output jacks (L/MONO, R)
- Headphone jack
- Input jacks (MIC/GUITAR/LINE(L), LINE(R)) (MIC: 1/4 inch phone type or XLR type(phantom power) / GUITAR: 1/4 inch phones type(always Hi-Z) / Line (L): 1/4 inch phone type, LINE (R) (1/4 inch phone type))
- MIDI Connectors (IN, OUT)
- USB Connectors: COMPUTER (supports USB MIDI and USB Audio; Hi-Speed USB port required): MEMORY (supports USB 2.0 Hi-Speed Flash Memory)
- DC 9 V (AC Adaptor)
- 800 mA
- Startup Guide
- CD-ROM (Sound Editor, Librarian, Playlist Editor, USB Driver)
- CD-ROM (SONAR LE)
- AC Adaptor (PSB-1U)
- Power Cord
- USB Cable
- Wave Expansion Board: SRX Series
- USB Memory: M-UF128
- SonicCell stand and PDS-10 bracket: BKT-S
- Pad Stand: PDS-10
- Windows PC: XP Home Edition/Professional/Vista (doesn't work with 64-bit Edition), Pentium(R)/Celeron(R) processor 1.4 GHz or higher, 512 MB or more RAM, 160 MB HD or more, 1280 x 800 or higher/24-bit full color or more display, a USB 2.0 or higher connector, CD-ROM drive
- Intel chipset is recommended
- SonicCell may not perform to its full specs when used with an added USB 2.0 interface card.
- Mac: OS 10.4.3 or later, PowerPC G4 1 GHz or higher/Intel processor, 512 MB of RAM or more, 160 MB HD or more, 1280 x 800 or higher/1670 million colors or more display, on-board USB 2.0 port, CD-ROM Drive
- Although Roland has tested numerous configurations, and has determined that on average, a computer system similar to that described above will permit normal operation of the SonicCell Applications, Roland cannot guarantee that a given computer can be used satisfactorily with the SonicCell Applications based solely on the fact that it meets the above requirements. This is because there are too many other variables that may influence the processing environment, including differences in motherboard design and the particular combination of other devices involved.
- * The following host applications have been verified to work properly with the plug-in version SonicCell Editor.
- VSTi version
- - CAKEWALK SONAR LE (Windows)
- - CAKEWALK SONAR 6.2 (Windows)
- - Steinberg Cubase 4 (Windows/Macintosh)
- Audio Units version
- - Apple Logic Pro 7.2 (Macintosh)
- * The following host applications have been reported to NOT work properly with the plug-in version SonicCell Editor.
- - Steinberg Cubase SX3 (Windows/Macintosh)
- - Mark of the Unicorn Digital Performer 4.6 (Macintosh)
- * Though all of the host applications listed above performed properly in Roland's testing, some of them may not work due to differences in inherent manufacturer design specifications and your operating environment. We, and Roland, cannot guarantee all the operations in these music applications.
- Width: 294 mm, 11-5/8 inches
- Depth: 175 mm, 6-15/16 inches
- Height: 55 mm, 2-3/16 inches
- Weight: 1.2 kg, 2 lbs. 11 oz.
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
Nice little module. The ability to play back mp3's and midi files is a great tool for rehearsals and backing tracks for solo gigs. I would not make this the center piece of my rig. Needs stereo sound system to get the best out of this module. A little difficult to manipulate for live live purposes
Hi, I bought it - Owned it - and returned it! Over priced. TecSupport somewhat pie in the sky and wants to move you right along.Not as easy to use as the ad's say. Software glitches. Owners at theforums seem to be suffering for the most part. Nice concept - justnot ready for prime time. Sounds are not worth the eight hundreddollars. Prices are already dropping. I'm surprised at Roland. Itjust looks slick and new. I returned it today and ordered The KetronSd2. I should have done that first. I just want to play. Not spent 40days trying to make a piece of equiptment keep it promise.