- J44463 000000000 J44463000000000
Roland TB-03 Boutique Bass Line
- Write a Review
The battery-powered TB-03 Boutique is a direct descendant of the famous TB-303 Bass Line Synth. The layout and controls are unchanged, so it works ju...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
All the power of the original and more.
The battery-powered TB-03 Boutique is a direct descendant of the famous TB-303 Bass Line Synth. The layout and controls are unchanged, so it works just like the original. It sounds like it too, thanks to Roland’s advanced ACB technology that recreates the hypnotic liquid grooves of the magic silver box. But the TB-03 Boutique goes even further, with several enhancements not found on the original model. The four- digit LED display makes programming easier and more accurate, while overdrive and delay effects let you unleash a twisted, tribal wall of sound to send the crowd into a frenzy. Back in the studio, the TB-03 Boutique can send control information via MIDI or its USB port, the latter of which also functions as a 24-bit/96 kHz audio interface.
The TB-03 Boutique accurately emulates the expressive, slippery sound of the TB-303, and even adds a few surprises. Saw and square waveforms are available, along with all of the rotary control knobs that help shape the 303’s unique character, including tuning, cutoff, resonance, envelop mod, decay, and accent.
New Features Not Found in the Original
The TB-03 Boutique includes several enhancements over the original TB-303. Firstly, the four-digit LED display makes programming easier and more detailed, since you now have a visual representation of the value being edited. Then there are a variety of overdrive, delay, and reverb effects that dramatically change the mood and tone of the TB-03 Boutique, going from smooth to spiky to squealing. Programming patterns is also easier thanks to newly added functions that include step write, shuffle, and fine tempo control. Finally, the inclusion of MIDI and USB ports mean that the TB-03 Boutique can send and receive control information and connect easily to computer-based DAWs.
Classic TB Sequencer with Enhanced Functions
If you’re familiar with the TB-303’s programming method, then you’ll feel right at home with the TB- 03 Boutique. The original Pitch and Time write modes are included, along with an all-new Step mode. Pattern programming is also enhanced by the LED display, which shows the current step in the sequence as well as showing fine tempo values (such as 125.5 BPM). The internal sequencer can be triggered externally via the trigger input, and you can even switch between write and play modes without stopping pattern playback, opening up new possibilities for live performance.
Connect with External Gear
The TB-03 Boutique includes MIDI IN/OUT ports and USB, allowing control information to be exchanged with other instruments and devices. This turns the TB-03 Boutique into a versatile controller, especially as you can use the CV/Gate output to control external analog gear and modular synthesizers. This level of control works both ways, thanks to the trigger input that lets external gear drive the TB-03 Boutique’s internal sequencer. Once connected to a PC or Mac, both audio and MIDI data can be sent through the USB port.
￼Battery or USB Bus Power
￼Some of the best music is made away from the studio, so the Roland Boutique series runs on 4 x AA ￼batteries, ready for when inspiration strikes. Alternatively, the TB-03 Boutique can run on USB bus power.
USB Audio Interface for Direct Recording to Your DAW
Via its USB port, the TB-03 Boutique functions as a high-quality 24-bit/96 kHz audio interface, providing a simple and reliable way of recording directly to your DAW application. You can keep your favorite settings and sequencer patterns safe too via the USB data backup function.
- Realistic recreation of the iconic TB-303 Bass Line synth
- Retains the sound, character, and user interface of the original TB-303
- Hands-on control over expressive parameters, including cutoff, resonance, envelope mod,
- decay, and accent
- New features not found on the original TB-303, including four-digit LED display, overdrive
- and delay effects, MIDI, fine tempo control, and additional functions for pattern creation
- Programmable via classic Pitch, Time, and Step write modes
- Continue playing a sequence even while switching between write and play modes
- CV/Gate outputs for controlling vintage analog gear and modular synthesizers
- Dedicated trigger input to drive the internal sequencer
- Highly portable for mobile music making
- High-quality construction with metal front panel
- Battery-operated (4 x AA) or USB powered
- 24 bit/96 kHz stereo IN/OUT USB audio interface
- Control information can be sent and received via MIDI and USB
- Built-in powered mini-speaker for instant enjoyment
- Compatible with optional K-25m Keyboard Unit
Emulates the sound and the behavior of a TB-303. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.