- Product 707047
Roland VariOS Open System Module
- Write a Review
An open-ended hardware/software system in which processing is provided by the module and control by the bundled software. Updates from Roland (see up...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Flexible and updatable synth module with realtime audio production.
An open-ended hardware/software system in which processing is provided by the module and control by the bundled software. Updates from Roland (see update details below) for the module can be downloaded to supply new sounds, capabilities, and synth packages. Use your favorite synth sounds to build complete songs; manipulate pitch, time, and formant; add effects; and keep the music flowing without CPU drain.
It incorporates Variphrase technology to vary time, pitch, and formant. Easy drag-and-drop sample arranging allows you to build complete songs in minutes. Its internal memory holds up to 300 seconds of mono samples, 150 seconds for stereo. It batch loads/auto encodes WAV/AIFF from computer via USB and browser. Plays back up to 14 phrases simultaneously with 6-part multitimbral operation. Module's 40 multi-effects, 8 choruses, and 9 reverbs can be edited via software.
Current updates include the latest USB drivers and V-Producer 2.1 (with OSX support); and the new VariOS-8 and VariOS 303 modeling synths.
- Up to 14 phrases simultaneously with 6-part multitimbral operation
- Award-winning VariPhrase technology for intuitive realtime manipulation of pitch, time, and formant to control audio phrases like MIDI
- Batch load/auto-encode WAV/AIFF audio files from computer via USB and browser
- Internal memory holds up to 300 seconds of mono samples, 150 seconds of stereo samples
- Easy drag-and-drop editing allows you to build complete songs in minutes
- PhraseScope window provides freeform editing of a phrase's melodic content
- GrooveScope window allows nondestructive reconstruction of rhythm loops
- Graphic editing of VariOS module's 40 multi-effects, 8 chorus types, and 9 reverbs
- V-Producer for VariOS supports MIDI clock/MTC sync and audio/SMF export
- Flash memory and PC card sample storage for using VariOS module without a computer
- Open-ended design allows for future software updates
It's a producer's dream machine that makes audio song building as flexible as MIDI. Get it and use it.
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
The only 2 synths that run on this are the 2 included ones, Rolands' development platform was never released so it is entirely proprietary, you better like a software jupiter and 303 only as it looks like there probably will never be any other plugins to run on this "Open" synth!
I bought this unit to pair up with my Roland MV-8000. The timestretch and pitch-shifting are great... You can play audio clips like a MIDI instrument, similar to MeloDyne. This unit allows you to pitch shift without changing time, or vice versa. The timestretch ability is almost on par with the Warp Algorithms that Ableton Live has.In addition to the D-50 synth card that comes with it, there is also a 303 emulation -superb. The Jupiter-like synth emulation is pretty good. The real power comes with the D-50's librarian/editor software.The included V-Producer software acts as a DAW front end on your computer, and the processor load is light thanks to the VariOS doing all the work.As always, Roland's effects are great. A block of forty MFX types are available, with some pretty in-depth routing in the mixer. All in all this unit has very few drawbacks. In order to work with any audio files, they must be transferred to the VariOS first. V-producer does this automatically, but it does take some time.If you can get a hold of this, buy one. It hosts the two V-Cards, much like the V-synth does. The D-50 card was included when I bought the unit, so that only leaves the VC-2 voice card. Again, buy the voice card if you can find one.