- #J46967 000000000 J46967000000000
Studio Electronics Boomstar Modular Amp
- Write a Review
The amplifier (AMP) is a 2 stage Class A discrete design that uses three pairs of hand-matched transistors. Its envelope is usually applied to ST1/1....Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Modular amp with matched transistors for reliable behavior.
The amplifier (AMP) is a 2 stage Class A discrete design that uses three pairs of hand-matched transistors. Its envelope is usually applied to ST1/1. ST1/2 goes through an attenuverter and can be used for envelope or modulation. ST2/1 goes to the second stage, and is typically used for volume control. ST2/2 goes through an attenuverter and is typically used for modulation.
The AMP, the 5089, and the 3003 are Class A circuits. They draw more current from the +12 rail than from the -12 volt rail. Boomstar Modular AMPs are hand-built entirely in the US.
Two attenuverters and two attenuation pots control the INPUT, ST1 CV2, ST2 CV2, and OUTPUT, delivering smooth, detailed, and complex expression.
Switch it Up
Uber useful continuous hypnotic DRONE for endless sustain/release, and DRIVE—the overdrive circuit from the Boomstar desktop—for last stage energy, bite, soft clipping, and gonzo '70's era "Distortion +" crunchy fuzz.
Patch it Up
Six patch points: INPUT, ST1 CV1, ST1 CV2, ST2 CV1, ST2 CV2, OUTPUT.
- INPUT – Adjusts the audio input.
- ST1 CV2 – Adjusts stage 1, control voltage 2.
- ST2 CV2 – Adjusts stage 2, control voltage 2.
- DRONE – Sustains the last note received.
- DRIVE – Final output stage overdirve/saturation.
- OUTPUT – Adjusts the audio output.
- INPUT – Audio input.
- ST1 CV1 – Stage 1, control voltage 1 input.
- ST1 CV2 – Stage 1, control voltage 2 input.
- ST2 CV1 - Stage 2, control voltage 1 input.
- ST2 CV2 – Stage 2, control voltage 2 input.
- OUTPUT – Audio output.
- Size - 8hp
- Depth - 39.7mm with ribbon cable attached
- Power Usage - 35mA, 12mA (+12 / -12)
An essential part of your modular system. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.