- J46977 000000000 J46977000000000
Studio Electronics Boomstar Modular Oscillation
- Write a Review
What's nice about Boomstar’s OSCILLATION module is that the waveforms are DC-coupled [components connected directly together without any coupling cap...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Waveform generator module.
What's nice about Boomstar’s OSCILLATION module is that the waveforms are DC-coupled [components connected directly together without any coupling capacitors], so they keep their shape even at sub-Hz speeds. The outputs are also buffered, so the amplitude is independent of the load they are driving. The waveform levels on some modern eurorack OSCs are often all different, and they vary depending if they go into the mixer or directly to the filter.
Coupling the circuitry without capacitors in-line facilitates the full spectrum of frequencies to do their thing, and ensures near identical response. On the scope they are a ballet of balance and proportion, only drawing modest current, evenly from plus and minus.
Three attenuation, and three attenuverter pots control the FREQUENCY, TUNE, PW CV IN, PUSLE WIDTH, FM CV IN, and SUB LEVEL, delivering smooth, detailed, and complex expression.
Switch it Up
NORMAL and LOW RANGE - wide sweeping audio frequencies, or clicks (respectively) for creating a rhythmic pulse or sweep; SINE, TRI, SAW, SQR - your friendly waveform on and offs.
Patch it Up
Eleven patch points: 1 V/O, FM IN, WAVE MIX, SYNC IN, PW IN, SUB OUT, SINE OUT, TRI OUT, SAW OUT, RAMP OUT, SQR OUT direct the deepest manipulation.
- FREQUENCY – Oscillator frequency attenuator.
- NORMAL / LOW RANGE – Oscillator domain switch.
- TUNE – Oscillator fine-tune attenuverter.
- PULSE WIDTH – Variable pulse wave width control.
- SINE – Sine wave on/off.
- TRI – Triangle wave on/off.
- SAW – Sawtooth wave on/off.
- SQR – Square (pulse) wave on/off.
- FM CV IN – Frequency Modulation control voltage input attenuverter.
- WAVE MIX – Composite wave output.
- SUB LEVEL – Sub (one octave down) level attenuator.
- 1 V/O – One volt per octave control voltage input.
- FM IN – Frequency Modulation control voltage input.
- SYNC IN – Oscillator Sync control voltage input.
- PW IN – Pulse Width control voltage input.
- SUB OUT – Sub Oscillator output.
- SINE OUT – Sine Oscillator output.
- TRI OUT – Triangle wave output.
- SAW OUT– Sawtooth wave output.
- RAMP OUT – Ramp (reverse sawtooth) wave output.
- SQR OUT – Square wave output
- Size - 16hp
- Depth - 39.7mm with ribbon cable attached
- Power Usage - 20mA, 39mA (+12 / -12)
Oscillation is where it all begins. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.