- J46995 000000000 J46995000000000
Studio Electronics Boomstar Modular STE. 16
- Write a Review
The STE. 16 is a dual LFO, featuring a HI-freq mode and complex waveform mixing possibilities that produces thousands of different modulation and aud...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Dual LFO with vast combinations.
The STE. 16 is a dual LFO, featuring a HI-freq mode and complex waveform mixing possibilities that produces thousands of different modulation and audio frequency shifts.
The STE's amplitude modulation, frequency modulation, and waveform mixing and blending push the envelope far above and beyond typical/classic four waveform LFOs construction and limit. The 1 SHOT function dramatically transforms the STE into a punchy and varied percussive tool; applied to an external VCA, one can generate compact and expansive, concussive encounters. More experimental tonal space can be explored via the AM function, with LFO 1's starting rate somewhere near the low end of the STE's vibrational spectrum: 5Hz (about 3:40s), and LFO secondi ultimately demanding its 6kHz scream, shatter, and fracture ceiling of thrills and audio frequency chills.
With sixteen waveforms per LFO, setting the initial fragmentizing, gyrating, LoFi digital oscillating proces, can be a highly engrossing pursuit.
- SPEED - Sets rate of LFO.
- 1 SHOT - LFO waveform plays once—needs to be triggered by the reset input.
- HI/LO - In HI mode (6kHz at the top of its range) the LFO reaches the audio range—think LoFi digital oscillator; in LO mode, (starting at 5Hz) a very patient 3:40 long sweep is possible.
- WAVE - Sets one of 16 different waveforms: triangle, sine, dome, ramp up, ramp down, stairchase, square, 1/2 square, impulse, four decreasing squares, random, random increasing, random pulse with, random triangles, pitched noise, and digital noise.
- the type of MIX output.
- FM - Frequency modulation from LFO 2 on LFO 1; the Mix pot will set the amount of modulation.
- AM - Amplitude modulation from LFO 2 on LFO 1; the Mix pot will set the amount of modulation.
- MIX - Mix setting of LFO 1 and LFO 2.
- MX (MIX) - Mix output of LFO 1 and LFO 2.
- CV - Affects the speed via an external voltage.
- RESET - Resets the waveform.
- OUT - Balanced LFO output: FM/M/AM three position switch sets the type or mix of modulation outputted.
- Eleven patch points: 1 SHOT, HI/LO (x2), MX, CV In 1, RESET 1, OUT 1, CV In 2, RESET 2, OUT 2.
- Size - 10hp
- Depth - 25mm with ribbon cable attached
Add expansive versatility to your sound design. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.