More Info About Free 2-Day Standard Ground ShippingClose Window
- J46986 000000000 J46986000000000
Studio Electronics Tonestar 2600
- Write a Review
TONESTAR is an ARP® 2600-inspired synth voice, pre-patched like Pearlman's prodigy, and fully in-the-box modular, allowing for highpass/bandpass/notc...Read More
Leads, basses and general sound module functionality.
TONESTAR is an ARP® 2600-inspired synth voice, pre-patched like Pearlman's prodigy, and fully in-the-box modular, allowing for highpass/bandpass/notch filter tones, and bristling X-mod effects. Connect CV / gate and twist 'n' switch, or pull its tones and voltages apart one 3.5mm cord at a time.
26 knobs, 7 switches, and 21 jacks make for complex and satisfying signal flow, color and collisions. If it gets reedy, route the triangle wave around the VCF, and push that Sub.
The VCO is the same as the Oscillation, the Boomstar, and the Omega. It's kind of a combination of Arp®, Oberheim® and Moog® circuits (sort of a greatest hits), time-tested, very stable—very good tracking over a very large range. This module is a TONESTAR—its own thing—and not a 2600 clone attempt; nevertheless, the Tone tugs lovingly at times on the sleeve of the 2600.
It is a single oscillator, 2600 VCF, pre-patched and yet fully modular classic synth voice.. Its primary use would be as a go-to bassline/lead tool, or a premium quality, entry-level, complete synth module, for root-to-leaf sound design, and multiform analog exploration/expression.
26 Knobbed and "Shafted" Potentiometers
VCO: FREQUENCY, PULSE WIDTH, LFO (^), GLIDE, MOD (ADSR), SAW*, SQUARE*, SUB, TUNE; Noise: LEVEL; VCF: FREQUENCY, RESONANCE, TRACK, DRIVE, ADSR, MOD (LFO); LFO: DEPTH (OSC), SPEED; ENVs: (ADSR) ATTACK, DECAY, SUSTAIN, RELEASE, (AR) ATTACK, RELEASE; VCA: FEEDBACK (filter), VOLUME
VCO: OCT (up/down), FREQ/PW, NO VCF; VCF: FREQ/RESO; LFO: TRIANGLE/SQUARE*; ENVs: DRONE, MASTER; VCA: IN/MIX
VCO: TRIANGLE*, SAWTOOTH*, SQUARE*, MIX, 1V/O, MOD IN; NOISE: NOISE (white); LFO: DEPTH, TRIANGLE*, SQUARE*, SPEED; VCF: EXT IN, FIL OUT, MOD IN; ENVs: MOD IN, ADSR OUT, AR OUT, GATE IN; VCA: IN/MIX, VCA IN, OUTPUT
- FREQUENCY, PULSE WIDTH, OCT – +1/-1, LFO (^)FREQ/PW, GLIDE,
- TRIANGLE*/NO VCF MOD (ADSR) SAWTOOTH, SQUARE, SUB, TRIANGLE, SAWTOOTH, SQUARE, MIX, 1V/O, TUNE, MOD IN
- NOISE, LEVEL
- FREQUENCY, RESONANCE, TRACK , DRIVE, FREQ
- ADSR – Filter to ADSR envelope attenuator.
- MOD (LFO) – Filter to LFO attenuator.
- EXT IN – External audio input.
- FIL OUT – Filter audio output.
- MOD IN – Frequency or Resonance modulation CV input.
- TRIANGLE/SQUARE, DPTH (OSC), SPEED, DEPTH, TRIANGLE, SQUARE, SPEED
- ATTACK, DECAY, SUSTAIN, RELEASE
- DRONE/MASTER – Indefinite/instant sustain, and master mode for ADSR routing switch. Center off.
- MOD IN –ADSR OUT – ADSR
- AR OUT – AR Output.
- FEEDBACK, VOLUME, VCA/CV, IN/MIX VCA IN, OUTPUT
- PCB Mounting Scheme - Through-hole.
- Filter - Discrete, voltage controlled, 24/db/oct cascaded transconductance low-pass filter, employing six pairs of hand-matched transistors.
- Size - 32hp.
- Depth - 35mm including connectors.
- Power Usage - 130mA, 80mA (+12 / -12)
A great heart of your modular system. Order today.
Our product catalog varies by country due to manufacturer restrictions. If you change the Ship-To country, some or all of the items in your cart may not ship to the new destination.