- Product 707426
Yamaha PSR-2100 Keyboard
- Write a Review
Designed to use the power and expandability of the internet, it features 61 full-size keys with touch response, organ flute voices with 8 virtual dra...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
An arranger workstation with USB, mic input with vocal harmony, and an LCD that displays sheet music.
Designed to use the power and expandability of the internet, it features 61 full-size keys with touch response, organ flute voices with 8 virtual drawbars, pitch-bend and modulation wheels. Music Finder stores a maximum of 2500 songs. The Groove/Dynamics function adds serious musicality to auto accompaniments. 3 intros, 3 endings, 4 variations, and 4 fill-ins for every style. It's even multilingual, with interactive help in 6 languages. 64-note polyphony, 32MB of wave ROM, 16-track sequencer (32 tracks over USB), MIDI I/O, floppy drive, 1,524KB flash ROM, onboard effects, internal speakers with 12W per channel, headphone out, 2 footswitch jacks, and L/R line out. PA300 power adapter included.
The PSR2100 is the instrument of choice for many professional and semi-professional musicians, home hobbyists, singers, and songwriters because this keyboard is all about sound. If you are familiar with other high-end Arranger Workstations from Yamaha, you'll be amazed to find out that the PSR2100 has 50% more wave ROM than the PSR9000 and 100% more than the PSR-2000 that it replaces, More wave ROM translates to better sound. It is also the first in the line to feature organ flutes with virtual drawbars and a vocal harmony unit that allows you to back up your singing performance with stunning 3-part harmony (including your original voice). And finally, you'll find a huge array of innovative features and functions tailored to the special needs of live and studio musicians, including Quick Record, a large LCD with Score and Lyric capability, USB connectivity, 4 sections to each style, User memory for storing data, 32 channels of MIDI via USB, and fixed level line-outs that make it easy to capture the creative moment.
Sound Value for Your Dollar
The PSR2100 features a huge 32MB of wave ROM that is on par or higher than many professional synthesizers. And Yamaha puts this wave ROM to good use with an ample selection of over 800 voices, including 14 Sweet, 6 Cool! and 12 Live! Voices. Sweet Voices are special voices from Yamaha that reproduce all the natural expression and vibrato of their respective acoustic instruments. A couple of examples would be Sweet Flute, Harmonica, Flugel Horn and Muted Trumpet. Cool! Voices feature samples of electronically amplified instruments like Jazz Guitar and Electric Piano. Ultra expressive Live! Voices use stereo samples to ensure the most accurate reproduction of each instrument's natural presence, resonance, and vibrato. Check out the Live Grand Piano, Strings, Hyper Brass, Gospel, and Nylon Guitar. Whether you're looking for a keyboard to make demo songs, playing live gigs, or simply looking for a lot of sound value for your dollar, you'll like what you hear from the 2100.
Virtual Drawbars - all of the sound, none of the weight!
If you are a fan of that vintage organ sound, then look no further than the PSR2100 Organ Flutes. One press of the Sound Creator button calls up a visual representation of eight drawbars and assigns the increment/decrement buttons under the screen for controlling them. You can make adjustments in real time that include flute footage volume, rotary speaker speed and type, organ type, vibrato, percussive attack and length, response, and EQ. Once you get it the way you like, then simply save the new voice and call it up any time you like. And because the PSR2100 has 2 footpedal jacks, you can assign one to control rotary speed for smooth, hands-free operation.
Microphone Input and Vocal Harmony for Realtime Performances
In the past couple of years there has been a resurgence in TV talent shows that is adding new talent and vitality to the music market and entertainment field. Whether you sing for fun or for a living, the PSR2100 has features that help you sound great. The keyboard is equipped with a Microphone input (MIC not included) and a professional Vocal Harmony function, which transposes your voice in realtime, giving you 3-part harmony including your original voice.
Add a choir to provide more depth and emotion to a ballad or expand your singing range with the unique Gender function. The harmony function can be triggered in real time from 3 different sources: left-hand chords, right-hand notes, or a track in a MIDI file. There are literally thousands of song files available from many different sources on the internet that contain lyric and harmony information.
The first thing you notice is the huge LCD screen
There are many advantages to having a larger screen. For one thing, it conveys a lot more information at one time. For example, the screen on the PSR2100 shows mixer settings at a glance, the chords you are playing, what sounds are on the right and left side of the keyboard, what Style or MIDI file is currently playing, score, and lyrics. In fact, if you record a song into the PSR2100 using the arranger features, it will not only display the notes you played, but also the chords as well. The bottom line about having a bigger screen is that it's your window into how the music is being created - you might as well make it a big one.
Download music data from the internet and play it on your keyboard
In the past, when you wanted to learn a new song, you would probably head off to your local music store where hopefully they had the piano sheet music for the song you were eagerly looking to play and sing. This music generally contained the left and right hand piano parts, chords, and lyrics. Recently, Yamaha, Hal Leonard, and Sebelius got together to create digital interactive sheet music. Here's how it works. Using your computer, go to yamahamusicsoft.com, find your favorite Scorch song(s), purchase them, and download them into your computer. At this point, if you like, you can change the key and print the music using your printer. But it doesn't stop there!
By connecting the PSR2100 to your computer, you can transfer the digital sheet music into your keyboard and it will play the song for you as the music and lyrics scroll by in the screen. If you would like to embellish the arrangement, the keyboard will actually "read" the chords in the song (that's called XF) and play a Style with backing tracks like bass, drums, and guitar along with the piano music! You can try the song as a ballad, jazz, country, or rock - or no backing tracks at all. Finally, go ahead and play the piano part, using any of the built-in features like transpose, metronome, and tempo controls. With digital sheet music, you can play it your way!
A Keyboard with More Style
The PSR2100 features Styles (accompaniment patterns) in a variety of different musical genres including Rock, Jazz, Latin, Country, and Dance. All you have to do is play the chords with your left hand as you perform and the selected Style will automatically play along, instantly following the chords you play. This is live playing at it's best. For even greater diversity, this keyboard offers 4 sections to the built-in Styles. For example, you could use the A section for the Verse, B section for the Chorus, C for the Bridge, and D for a Solo. In addition, each Style has 3 different Intros and Endings and will automatically fill between sections if you like.
Ease of Operation
There are many tools in the keyboard that make it easy to be a power user from the first day you own the keyboard.
* Direct Access Button: Press both this button and the function you would like to adjust, for example Pitch Bend, and the LCD screen instantly takes you there. Saves wading through menus and submenus.
* Music Finder: Complete keyboard setups by song title. The keyboard selects an appropriate voice for the right-hand melody, the correct musical style, and the correct tempo. Simply call up a song title and start playing.
* Quick Record: To record a song, just press the Record button. Recording starts as soon as you start playing the keyboard and everything you play will be recorded - the Style, Left & Layer Voices, and Multi pads or a single track.
* One-Touch Setting (OTS): Provides you with a recommended voice with effects for each Section of each Style (4 per style). Can be set to change automatically or you can select one of the 4 buttons. For example, on a jazz style, one OTS might be piano, the next jazz guitar with a little echo, the third sax with reverb, and the forth might be piano and vibes layered.
* Multi Pads: These 4 buttons change to match the genre of each Style (or you can change them yourself) and can be used to play a number of short prerecorded rhythmic and melodic sequences that can be used to add impact and variety to your keyboard playing. Translation: MIDI-Loops.
* Built-in Help: Help messages give you explanations and descriptions of the main functions and features found in the keyboard. Language choices include English, Japanese, German, French, Spanish, and Italian.
* Demo: In addition to the main demos showing some of the more advanced features found in the keyboard, there is also a short demo for every sound.
* Mixing Console: To change voices or adjust levels, panning, transpose, tuning, pitch-bend, or effects on various tracks or parts that you play, simply press the Mixing Console button and make adjustments using graphical representations of rotary pots and faders.
* Registration Memory: Set the keyboard up just the way you like and take a digital snapshot by memorizing it to one of the Registration buttons. Load and save banks of eight registrations to user memory or floppy. The 8 Registration buttons are conveniently located just above the keyboard.
- USB computer connectivity
- Mic input with vocal harmony
- LCD that displays sheet music
- 61 full-size keys with touch response
- Organ flute voice with 8 virtual drawbars
- Pitch-bend and modulation wheels
- Music Finder access
- Groove/dynamics function for auto accompaniments
- 3 intros, 3 endings, 4 variations, and 4 fill-ins for every style
- Interactive help in 6 languages
- 64-note polyphony
- 32MB of wave ROM
- 16-track sequencer (32 tracks over USB)
- MIDI I/O
- Floppy drive
- Onboard effects
- Internal speakers
- 12W per channel onboard amplification
- Headphone out
- 2 footswitch jacks
- L/R line out
- PA300 power adapter included
- Keyboard 61 Standard Keys (C1-C6) with Touch Response
Display Large multi-function 320 x 240 backlit LCD capable of Lyric and Score display
Voices Total Number 818 GM (General MIDI) & XG Compatible
Piano Voice Quality Live! Stereo (Hi-resolution sample)
Sweet Voices Flute, Pan Flute, Clarinet, Trumpet, Trombone, Tenor, Alto & Soprano Sax, Mandolin, Harmonica, Muted Trumpet, Flugel Horn, Violin, Oboe
Cool! Voices Electric Piano, Jazz Guitar, Electric Guitar, Jazz Solo Guitar
Live! Voices Grand Piano, Harpsichord, Grand Harpsichord, Nylon Guitar, Classical Guitar, Strings, Allegro Strings, Orchestra, Hyper Pop & Octave Brass, Gospel
Split/Layer Left, Right 1, Right 2
Drum Kits 16
Polyphony 64 note max.
Sound Creator Yes
Auto Accompaniment Styles 197
Variations Intro x 3, Main A/B/C/D, Break, Ending x 3,
Fill-in x 4
Control Accompaniment on/off, Break, Intro, Main A/B/C/D, Ending/Rit., Auto Fill In, OTS Link, Sync Stop, Sync Start, Start/Stop
One Touch Setting 4 per style
Registration Memory 8 Buttons, Unlimited Banks*
Fingering Modes Single Finger, Fingered, Fingered on Bass, Multi Fingered, Al (Artificial Intelligence) Fingered, Full Keyboard, Al Full Keyboard
Music Finder 2500 (max.) Fully Editable
Style Creator Yes
Song Compatibility General MIDI (SMF 0,1) with Lyrics, XG, KAR, XF, Scorch, Tune 1000
Record modes Quick, Multi, Step, Song Edit
Record Channels 16
Playback Channels 16 On-board, 32 via USB
Media Storage 1524KB Flash Memory, Floppy Disk Drive
Types of Data Song (SMF), Style (SFF), Registration and Voice
Digital Effects Reverb: 29 Preset + 3 User types
Chorus: 25 Preset + 3 User types
DSP: 164 Preset + 3 USER
DSP2, 3, 4: 88 Preset + 3 User
Effect Blocks: 1 Reverb, 1 Chorus, 4 DSP, 1 Microphone
Multi Pad 4 Pads x 54 Banks
Other Controls Temp (5-500 bpm), Tap Tempo, Metronome, Registration Freeze, Demo, DirectAccess, Master Vol., Fade In/Out, Transpose, Tuning, Touch Response
Scale Tuning Equal Temperament, Pure Major, Pure Minor, Pythagorean, Mean-Tone, Werckmeister/Kimberger, Arabic 1,2
Auxiliary Jacks DC In, Phones, MIDI In/Out, USB, Foot Pedal 1 (Switch), Foot Pedal 2, Aux. Out L/R
(RCA Jacks) fixed, L/R Out (L/L + R), MIC/Line Input with Volume
Pedal Functions Volume, Sustain, Sostenuto, Soft, Glide, Portamento, Pitchbend, Modulation, DSP Variation, Song Start/Stop, Style Start/Stop etc.
Amplifier 12W + 12W
Speakers 12cm x 2 + 4 cm x 2
Rated Voltage DC 16V (Power Supply PA-3000 Included)
(W x D x H) 38-5/16" x 15-11/16" x 6-5/16" (973 x 399 x 161 mm)
Weight 23.2 lbs. (10.5 Kg)