- #J24162 002000000 J24162002000000
Yamaha reface CP Mobile Mini Keyboard
- Write a Review
Yamaha Reface keyboards are designed around the practical needs of contemporary musicians. The name of the series, "reface," is a conflation of the i...Click To Read More About This Product
Miniature keyboard with satisfying touch and sound.
- reface CP
- reface Hands on | Walter Millsap
- reface Hands on | Troy Laureta
- reface Hands on | Onree Gill
- reface Hands on | Justin Gilbert
- reface Hands on | Brad Thomas Ackley
- reface Hands on | Christina Hizon
- reface Hands on | Chris Cline
- reface Hands on | Arnaud Rebotini
- reface Hands on | Simonne Jones
- reface Hands on | Lucy Schwartz
- reface Hands on | Jacques Greene
Yamaha Reface keyboards are designed around the practical needs of contemporary musicians. The name of the series, "reface," is a conflation of the idea of reimagining and the legacy of Yamaha's many groundbreaking keyboard instrument interfaces. Among the innovations that is hearkens back to are the legendary Yamaha Combo Organ, DX7 and CS5 keyboards. This is the reface CP, which has as one of its chief orientations the thrilling electrified string pianos from the CP80.
Note: If you purchase any model reface between 9/1/15 and 12/31/15, Yamaha will send you a free soft carrying case (mail in offer). The reface softcase works as a messenger-style bag or a backpack, it even has a loop for attaching the reface to a suitcase handle. And inside, there's plenty of room to store your cables and AC adapter.
The reface series is small. Incredibly small. But unlike miniature keyboard instruments of the past, the reface touch is satisfying and expressive, and the sound is nothing short of spectacular. The reface family of keyboards features built-in speakers and is battery operable so you can create on the go. An aux line in allows you to play along with MP3 players or whatever other audio device you wish to use. Add MIDI and USB connectivity, and the reface's capacity to interface with external devices is vast.
Reface CP puts a van full of iconic 70s stage keyboards and vintage effects into a portable retro-styled package without sacrificing sound, playability or polyphony. Choose Tine, Reed, Clavi, Toy or classic Yamaha CP80 electric grand piano, then, enhance your sound using the built-in drive, modulation, delay and reverb effects.
WebMIDI and the reface Keyboard
It had to happen, so it did. WebMIDI. And of course, Yamaha is one of the first to offer a way to use it. Introducing Soundmodo (www.soundmodo.com), a social sound-sharing website for sharing reface Mobile Mini Keyboard sounds. WebMIDI connects MIDI devices to the Internet, allowing musical instruments to play online synthesizers, as well as save or share sounds.
Reface Mobile Mini Keyboards are the first instruments to use WebMIDI with Soundmondo, offering an easy way to store, recall, organize and share sounds. Saving sounds on Soundmondo is easy. Once you user connect your instrument and set up an account, simply hit CREATE and give your sound a name, a description and tags. You can also add YouTube video and SoundCloud audio.
BROWSE shows all available sounds (currently thousands), and you can refine your searches using tags. Once you find a sound you like, click on it and hit SYNC. This will send the sound to your connected reface and show them you to move the controls on your keyboard to recreate the sound. How cool is that?
- Number of keys: 37
- Action: Synth
- Key size: Mini
- Aftertouch / Velocity: Velocity
- Key Type: Synth-type
- Number of voices: 6 vintage keyboard waves
- Polyphony (max): 128-note
- Layers: No
- Split: No
- AUX input: Yes
- MIDI Connectivity: MIDI In/Out
- Line output: Yes
- Line input: Stereo
- USB Connectivity: Yes
- Headphone jacks: 1
- Pedal inputs: 1 (sustain)
- Storage type: External (iOS and MIDI)
- Expandability available: No
- Onboard Features
- Recording/Playback Not applicable
- Rhythms: Not applicable
- Preset songs: Not applicable
- Display: None
- Effects: Yes
- Built-in speakers: Yes
- Pitch bend/Modulation: No
- Other controls: Nine knobs
- Reverb: Yes
- Chorus: Yes
- Delay: Yes
Order today and take the power of a CP80 and more with you wherever you go.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Term for Used Gear begins on the expiration of the store return policy.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Easy to Use
- Realistic Sound
- Responsive / Good Action
Comments about Yamaha reface CP Mobile Mini Keyboard:
Full disclosure, I'm not a keyboard player. I play strings and thought it'd be nice to have a little something to add some color to home recordings. That being said, the small footprint is a plus for me but I can see how a real keyboard player be reluctant to play this little guy in a live setting. With some background in music theory it's not difficult to outline simple 1-3-5 triads and a bass note that could really fatten up a recording. The midi out adds to that home recording functionality
The sounds are great, easy to dial in what you want quickly with the onboard effects. Love the rhodes 70's jazz kind of sounds, and the wurly/phaser combo for lush Steely timbre.
It's surprizingly dynamic, not only does it sound louder with a harder attack on the keys, but the sound produced changes. I imagine much like it would on the real modles it's emulating.
For my needs it's a great fit!