- Product 439613
Rock Band Rock Band 2 Special Edition
- Write a Review
Includes upgraded drums, bass, guitar, mic, and game. The original Rock Band took music and gaming to a whole new level, made air guitar obsolete, an...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
With improved instruments and classic songs to master.
Includes upgraded drums, bass, guitar, mic, and game.
The original Rock Band took music and gaming to a whole new level, made air guitar obsolete, and gave millions of aspiring musicians and professionals alike the chance to play and sing along to some of the most popular songs in history. Rock Band 2 is here, and it's going to rock even harder. The second phase of this popular gaming platform will continue creating living-room superstars and rockin' good times. This special edition includes the video game plus the gear: a mic, bass, guitar, and drum kit with pedal and sticks.
An all-master soundtrack of classic songs spanning 40 years of rock 'n' roll history. Major record labels and leading music publishers have signed on to provide unrivaled access to master recordings as performed by the artists who rocked them out in the first place. The musical genres represented are punk, metal, alternative, southern, and classic rock, spanning 5 decades of music history. You'll get songs from bands as varied as AFI, Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Duran Duran, The Who, Ratt, Soundgarden, and Bang Camaro. And, just like the original release, the song list will continue to grow with constantly downloadable tunes.
Rock Band 2 video game features improved guitar and drum peripherals, with spiffier detail and a more realistic playing experience. These are all fully compatible with the original Rock Band instruments. The microphone has authentic styling and weight with a realistic mic feel; real-time rating using pitch; rhythm & phoneme detection; and hand-tapping sensitivity for tambouring & cowbell notes. The guitar and bass are sturdy, with a more precise strum bar, built-in sensor allowing quick and seamless calibration, a retooled tilt sensor for improved overdrive deployment, a more realistic Fender Strat design, and quieter buttons. The drums now have an improved kick pedal with a metal plate, velocity-sensitive drum heads, cymbal, and hi-hat expansion ports, wireless connection, and quieter drums.
More online options:
With the Rock Band 2 game, you can connect with other Rock Band players from across the street or across the planet. The Battle of the Bands feature lets you compete with everyone on your Friends List or hook up with bands all over the world. You can check out Rockband.com to challenge others or find out when another band has challenged you. The game also allows you to play in 59 venues in 24 cities for a virtual world tour. The non-linear structure of the game allows you to jump between sets when you're stuck on a song, and come back when you know you're ready.
Other gameplay features
There's also opportunities to get your character more cash by playing opportunity gigs where you can play for the big payoff, like recording a music video on a soundstage. You can also hire staff from merch sellers and promoters to lawyers to advance your career.
A in-game store sells thrift and retro clothing and when creating and updating your character you can choose from a variety of new faces, hairstyles, and accessories like facial masks and piercings.
Rock Band 2's Drum Trainer section teaches you how to really play drums. Browse a library of fills and samples to practice and progress through increasingly tricky parts to build skills, or play along to any song. Note: For Xbox 360 and PS3 users, the Freestyle mode lets you jam with any tunes in your media player.
Full backwards compatibility:
Any downloadable songs you've bought since Rock Band's original release will automatically join your Rock Band 2 songlist.
From heavy metal to classic rock to essential punk, Rock Band 2 offers another generation of music lovers a better way to create their own musical memories. Pick an instrument, pick your song, and enjoy the rush.
- Includes: Game, drum kit, pdeal, drumsticks, bass, guitar, and mic
- Rock Band 2 is available for Xbox 360, PS2, PS3, and Wii
- Battle of the Bands feature lets you challenge friends and other bands online
- Challenge bands at Rockband.com
- Increasingly difficult sets of songs
- Non-linear structure allows you to to jump between sets
- Download new songs as they are released
- Tour 24 cities and play 59 venues
- Hire staff in career mode
- Opportunity gigs for big money payoffs for your character
- No need to reload songs from original Rock Band song list
- New thrift and retro clothing store as well as faces, hairstyles, and accessories for more interesting characters
- Improved mic with more authentic feel, detection, and hand-tapping sensitivity upgrades
- Fender Strat guitar & bass are sturdier, with retooled tilt sensor, more realistic design, quieter buttons, more precise strum bar, and quicker calibration
- Drums have quieter, velocity sensitive heads, wireless, cymbal and hi-hat expansion ports, and improved kick pedal with metal plate
- Song List
- Includes songs from the 60's to today
- New songs will be available via downloads
- Genres span punk, metal, rock, pop, classic rock, and new wave
Pick up the followup to 2007's breakout music game and get the great new gear as well. Order today.