- #J24153 000001001 J24153000001001
Pearl Championship Maple FFX Marching Snare Drum
13 x 11 in. Silver Sparkle
- Write a Review
Used by today's top DCI corps, Pearl FFX Championship Series snare drums have won more than their share of High Percussion Awards. The combination of...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Marching drums that changed the face of marching competition.
Used by today's top DCI corps, Pearl FFX Championship Series snare drums have won more than their share of High Percussion Awards. The combination of six plies of 100% maple free-floating in a super lightweight aircraft aluminum frame creates a force to be reckoned with.
The Championship Maple Snare shell's natural balance of mid-to-high frequencies brings the FFX the voice that set an industry standard and changed the face of corps competition. Pearl's Superior Shell Technology is used to make a 6-ply, free-floating shell out of maple, the drum industry's premium for dynamic range, sensitivity, and unsurpassed projection. Because of the maple shell's strength and reliability, your corps or band can compete in all climate conditions.
The FFX Aluminum Frame supports an aluminum-alloy edge ring, providing you with a top bearing edge that can take all of the pressure necessary for today's high tension heads. Two-ply reinforcement rings and a 45-degree bottom bearing edge provide shell stability and shape integrity while focusing the drum's maximum sensitivity and volume.
Pearl's Superior Shell Technology utilizes a proprietary technique for achieving the ultimate air chamber. It begins with select woods chosen for their unique acoustic attributes, milled to precise thickness with overlapping scarf joint seams, for a perfect air-tight fit. The wood plies are saturated with Pearl's proprietary œAcoustiGlue that permeates every pore and dries to the exact consistency of the wood for optimum resonance. Finally, the plies are formed in high-temperature molds with 1000 PSI of hydraulic pressure to produce perfect drum shells that exhibit superior tone, optimal resonance and extreme strength.
Carrier sold separately.
- Six plies of 100% maple
- Super lightweight FFX Aluminum frame crafted from aircraft aluminum
- Natural balance of mid-to-high frequencies
- Dynamic range, sensitivity, and unsurpassed projection
- Aluminum-alloy edge ring with a top bearing edge perfect for high tension heads
- Two-ply reinforcement rings and a 45-degree bottom bearing edge
Call or click to order today!
- Snare Size: Multiple sizes
- Total Pieces: 1
- Case or Bag: Yes
- Stand: Not applicable
- Shell material: Maple
- Shell construction: 6-Ply
- Shell thickness (mm): Info not available
- Bearing edge: 45
- Reinforcement ring: Yes
- Hardware material: Aluminum
- Hoop type: Die-cast
- Lugs: Tube
- Throw-off: Tap-style
- Internal muffler: No
- Snares: Synthetic
- Heads: Branded
- Finish type: Wrap
- Country of origin: Taiwan
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.