- Write a Review
Marching drums that changed the face of marching competition.
The Championship Bass Drums were designed with the same formula used to design the FFX snare drum and Championship tenors. 6 plies of 100% maple shells offer maximum resonance and huge sub-frequency projection. To compliment the maple shells. 2" wide 6-ply maple hoops are secured by extra wide claws for an evenly dispersed pressure for consistent tuning. Lightweight one-piece, high-strength aluminum castings and 6mm case-hardened tension bolts provide uncompromising strength and durability for years of high-performance use.
Championship Maple Bass Shells project the low frequencies that drive your corps. Pearl' Superior Shell Technology is used to make a 6-ply shell out of maple, the drum industry' premium for dynamic range, sensitivity, and unsurpassed projection. Maple shells provide exceptional strength and stability under all climate conditions, adding dependability to your competitive edge. Pearl' 45 degree bearing edge maximizes the volume of these thunderous air chambers. To compliment these shells, 2 wide, 6-ply, high-gloss black maple hoops are secured by extra wide claws to provide evenly dispersed grip and consistent tuning.
Pearl' Superior Shell Technology utilizes a proprietary technique for achieving the ultimate air chamber. It begins with select woods chosen for their unique acoustic attributes, milled to precise thickness with overlapping scarf joint seams, for a perfect air-tight fit. The wood plies are saturated with Pearl' proprietary œAcoustiGlue that permeates every pore and dries to the exact consistency of the wood for optimum resonance. Finally, the plies are formed in high-temperature molds with 1000 PSI of hydraulic pressure to produce perfect drum shells that exhibit superior tone, optimal resonance and extreme strength.
Carrier sold separately.
- 6-Ply 100% maple shell and hoops
- Angle-cut bearing edge
- Aluminum-alloy tension casings
- 6mm Case-hardened tension bolts
- Oversized, triple-reinforced claws
- High-gloss lacquer finish
- 3-Year shell warranty
Call or click to order today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.