- Product 581840
Ableton Suite 8 Upgrade from Live 8
- Write a Review
Ableton Live 8 is a great start to enjoying making and playing music, but with this software upgrade to Suite 8, you'll be able to increase the amoun...Read More
We're sorry—this item is unavailable.
We're sorry—this item is unavailable.
Ableton Live 8 is a great start to enjoying making and playing music, but with this software upgrade to Suite 8, you'll be able to increase the amount of fun and creative freedom in your music production. Ableton Suite 8 gives you a rich world of sound, perfectly complementing the tools and features in Live 8, including 10 virtual synthesizers and a huge collection of multi-sample instruments and drums. These include Sampler (sampler), Operator (frequency modulation synth), Electric (classic electronic piano emulator), Collision (physical modeling instrument for authentic mallet sounds and creative percussion Tension (physical modeling string synth), Analog (vintage analog synth emulator), Drum Machines (classic drum machines sounds), Session Drums (acoustic drums), and Latin Percussion (Brazilian, Afro-Cuban, and African acoustic percussion instruments).
New for Ableton Suite 8
World-class Sample Library
Ableton Suite 8's library is something big and something new, completely surpassing everything that Ableton has ever offered before. With the creative professional in mind, Ableton has put together a well-balanced and comprehensive tool set, including synthesis, real-world "Sound Objects," presets, grooves, templates and, above all, a wide-ranging set of beautiful sounds. Ableton has worked with some of the world's top sound designers to create a comprehensive set of truly useful, high-end sounds, each one an instrument in its own right, for a total of 1,600 expressive sounds that are new to the line. The sounds are provided as instrument Racks with a finely calibrated combination of instruments and effects.
No need to be quiet in this library.
Collision is a unique instrument for authentic mallet sounds and creative percussion. Codeveloped with AAS, it uses physical modeling technology to reproduce real-world instruments such as xylophones, marimbas, and glockenspiels, but also provides enough depth to create truly dramatic new instruments and sounds.
Latin Percussion is a collection of acoustic percussion instruments such as congas, bongos, timbales, claves, shakers, tambourines, and bells from the worlds of Brazilian, Afro-Cuban, and African music. It also comes with clips and grooves, so you don't just get the drums, you also get the drummer.
More Operator, more power
Operator, Ableton's renowned do-it-all synthesizer, has been given a major overhaul. Ableton opened up the hood, took a long hard look inside and did some serious hot-rod stuff. New filter types, more modulation routing options, and additive wavetable synthesis with drawable partials make Operator softsynth more powerful and flexible than ever.
Complement your Live 8 system with Suite 8's new multi-instruments, drums, and softsynths.
- 1,600 expressive sounds new to the series
- Library Info Texts: many resources now have descriptive Info Texts explaining the characteristics and structure of the sound or Rack, so you know what the sound is before you load it
- Versatile configuration options: all instrument racks feature thoughtfully mapped Macro controls for both subtle and dramatic adjustments without the confusion of too much detail
- New Effect Racks for professional-grade mastering, mixing, and creative sound processing
- Construction kits: flexible song kits containing loops and phrases in a number of styles
- Sound Objects Lite: to complement and extend the synthesized sounds, Ableton and SonArte have worked together to produce a tool kit of real-world object recordings for advanced sound design
- 440 MB of abstract, experimental loops from renowned music software pioneers Cycling '74
- Over 400 loops and samples from Zero-G in a wide range of styles, including smooth '70s grooves, gritty Hip-Hop and edgy, abstract weirdness
- Thousands of single-device presets: simple components for making new sounds and exploring synthesis
- Clearly organized library: all resources organized pragmatically and sensibly
- Song templates: practical templates for different recording scenarios (e.g. 8-track recording), with pre-configured tracks and routing
- Comprehensive preset collection includes xylophone, glockenspiel, marimba, balaphone, vibraphone and toms
- Physical modeling synthesis allows you to tweak Collision's parameters in real time
- Exciter section has two oscillators. The first models the "beater," or whatever is used to hit the playing surface, The second is a noise oscillator with envelope and multimode filter controls
- Resonator section features two polyphonic resonators arranged in series or parallel which model the playing surface and any additional resonating body
- Choose from the following resonator models: beam, marimba, string,
- membrane, plate, pipe, tube
- Control hitting and listening positions, decay, brightness, and inharmonics
- Each resonator type has its own parameters for controlling the virtual shape and size of the resonator, including ratio, opening, and radius
- Resonators have pitch envelopes featuring two LFOs with multiple modulation types
- Many parameters can be modulated via key tracking, velocity, and MIDI controllers for expressive, dynamic playing
- 1 GB of carefully sampled percussion covering 107 instruments in 24-bit/48kHz stereo
- 8 multi-articulation kits and 32 instrument groups provide variety and plenty of potential for customization
- Kits and instruments are configured as Drum Racks, so it's easy to hook up your hardware and start playing
- 50 clips of patterns and phrases demonstrating and providing authentic use of the sounds
- A set of grooves to add some Latin feel to your drum patterns
- Up to 8 articulations per instrument including Slap, Mute, Flam, Heel, Stick, and Shake
- Up to 20 velocity layers and up to 4 alternating hits per instrument for dynamic and authentic playing
- Now you can draw your own waveforms by adjusting the amplitudes of each oscillator's harmonics and edit the built-in waveforms
- Feedback is now available for all oscillators that are not being modulated by another oscillator
- New ladder modes and SVF filters bring the total number of Operator's filter types to 14
- Added a frequency response curve view in the filter display and an integrated waveshaper in the filter, featuring an adjustable drive amount and four curve shapes
- The filter, LFO, and pitch envelopes now feature adjustable slopes, like those found in Sampler
- New MIDI modulation section in the global display with multiple destination and amount settings for five MIDI control sources
- New modulation options for the LFO and pitch envelope
- Multitrack recording up to 32-bit/192kHz
- Complete nondestructive editing with unlimited undo
- Powerful and creative MIDI sequencing of software and hardware instruments
- Real-time time-stretching and warping of AIFF, WAV, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC and MP3 files for improvisation and instant remixing
- A comprehensive selection of built-in audio effects, including a host of creative delays, filters, distortions, studio compressors, and EQs
- Built-in software instruments: Simpler for creative sample-based synthesis, Impulse for sampled drums
- Instrument-, Drum-, Effect Racks for creating and managing complex performance setups, drum kits, and multi-effects
- VST and AU effects and instruments support; automatic plug-in delay compensation
- REX file support and native sliced audio file creation
- Video import and export for scoring to picture or warping picture to music
- Realtime control of parameters with any MIDI controller—just MIDI-map it or choose from a list of popular supported controllers for instant mapping
- Full ReWire support
- Single-screen user interface for simple, creativity-focused operation
- Multicore and multiprocessor support
- Extensive built-in step-by-step tutorials
- Localized software menus, tutorials, and PDF reference manuals available in English, Spanish, French, German, and Japanese
- Printed reference manual in English, Spanish, French, German, or Japanese
- Sampler: for powerful multisample playback and import
- Operator: frequency modulation synthesizer
- Electric: classic electric piano emulator using physical modeling synthesis
- Tension: physical modeling string synthesizer
- Analog: vintage analog synth emulator
- Drum Machines: a choice collection of reproduced classic drum machines
Upgrade your Ableton experience with this special deal on Suite 8.
Suite 8 Upgrade from Live 8
- System Requirements
- 37 GB of hard drive space
- Any G4 or faster, (Intel Mac recommended) 512 MB RAM (1 GB recommended), Mac OS X 10.3.9 (10.4 or later recommended), QuickTime 6.5 or higher, DVD-ROM drive
- 1.5 GHz CPU or faster, 512 MB RAM (1 GB recommended), Windows XP or Windows Vista, Windows compatible sound card (ASIO driver support recommended), QuickTime 6.5 or higher, DVD-ROM drive