This specially-priced SONAR 7 Studio Edition Academic Lab Pack is your answer if you want to give your students a leg up on other aspiring producers, composers, or home-studio musicians.
This newest edition of SONAR audio software lets you record, edit, and mix unlimited tracks of audio and MIDI. It comes with a massive, dynamic assortment of audio effects, virtual instruments, and ingenious technologies that will enhance and tidy up raw creative ideas into the kind of polished finished product worth releasing to the public. Some new functions include the Boost 11 peak limiter, new Dimension LE and Rapture LE virtual instruments, added Active Controller Technology presets for popular hardware, Smart MIDI tools, an integrated step sequencer, and more. There's also thousands of instrument sounds, including two Roland virtual instruments; over a gigabyte of sample content; integrated CD ripping and burning; Cakewalk 2.0 for uploading and presenting music online; and hundreds of other options for tweaking and shaping music.
Utilizing the full power of any machine, whether running on a PC or Intel-based Mac (using Bootcamp), SONAR 7 works on a diverse array of hardware, from WDM to ASIO, stock soundcards up to an SSL AWS 900+ consoles. It also allows full customization of studio menus, layouts, color schemes, track icons, and more to match the necessities of individual projects. With SONAR 7, it's possible to load presets of keystrokes from other popular applications or make new ones. In addition, it has unmatched support for control surfaces, MIDI controllers, and the ability to use DSP cards, as well as third party VST, DirectX, and ReWire effects and instruments.
SONAR 7 was developed by musicians who pay attention to the concerns of the modern recording musician. With Grammy and Emmy winners composing for, producing, and engineering it's different features, there's no arguing SONAR 7 Studio Edition is the kind of virtual studio professionals and those aspiring to be one in the near future can really rely on.
This Academic Lab Pack gives you 5 install discs to make your classroom as close to the real world situation as possible, giving your students the best chance to get the most out of their education. It also has a bonus SONAR Music Project teaching curriculum CD-ROM developed by leading music educators to help you with create more effective lesson plans on music theory and how it works within the SONAR environment.
Who knows? You could have a future Diddy in your midst, and this could be the spark that lights their flame.
- 5 install discs, 2 owners manuals, one serial number
SONAR Music Project teaching curriculum CD-ROM
- Integrated Step Sequencer view provides the most innovative step sequencer feature set available in any DAW today
- Smart MIDI tools--intuitively use one tool for multiple editing tasks; completely customizable
- Real-time Drag-Quantize allows selected notes and events to be quickly aligned with snap settings
- Multilane controller editing in Piano Roll view; controller data can be moved/copied across lanes; multiple controls can be viewed/edited per lane to economize screen real estate
- MIDI display features including MIDI Magnifier, MIDI Meters, and Velocity Colorizer
- Enhanced MIDI editing with functions for splitting, gluing, and muting notes
- More ACT (Active Controller Technology) presets for popular hardware
- New instruments: Z3TA+ 1.5 waveshaping synthesizer, Dimension LE (featuring Garritan Pocket Orchestra), Rapture LE, and DropZone Sample player/synth
- Over 1000 instruments sounds
- Roland V-Vocal 1.5, now with Pitch-to-MIDI conversion
- LP-64 Multiband linear phase mastering compressor/limiter with AutoQ functionality
- LP-64 EQ linear phase mastering EQ with 20-point control curve
- Internal sidechaining for Sonitus:fx Compressor, Sonitus:fx Gate, VC-64 Vintage Channel, and 3rd party VST plug-ins with sidechain (multi-input) capability
- External Insert Plug-in let's you insert and mix with external hardware effects and instruments with automatic delay compensation
- Boost 11 peak limiter
- Dim Solo keeps tracks in context by reducing volume of unsoloed tracks by 6, 12, or 18 dB instead of muting
- Drag & drop EQ settings across channels in the console view
- Shortcuts for assigning a series of audio inputs, and routing selected tracks/busses to the same input/output/main
- Original SMPTE time stamps now stored with clips with easy revert to original time stamp
- Right-click at cursor to import audio/MIDI data
- Wave-64 support provides capabilities to record large scale (2 GB+) projects
- High bandwidth multi-track recording optimizations
- New file format import/export options including Sony Wave-64, AIF, CAF, FLAC, and Sound Designer II
- Integrated audio CD ripping and burning
- Cakewalk Publisher 2.0 for uploading and presenting music online
- Improvising, producing, exploring and developing musical ideas
- Listening, analyzing, and comparing music with discrimination
- Adapting, refining, and improving work
- Expressive use of musical elements, devices, tonalities, and structures
- Exploring ways in which an arrangement can be created
- Devising an accompaniment to a given theme
- Developing melodic ideas, and creating melodic variations to fit a simple accompaniment
- Exploring the manipulation and extension of melodic ideas
- Developing formal structure
- Combining and arranging patterns and loops to achieve contrasts in rhythm and texture
- Using synthesizers, samplers, and audio effects to create original and appropriate sounds
- Using modified sounds as a basis for original ideas
- Combining ideas to create interest and contrast
- Balancing track levels to achieve a musical result
- Understanding how effects and EQ can enhance or change sounds