- 502748 000000000 502748000000000
Sony SOUND FORGE 10
- Write a Review
Sony Sound Forge Pro 10 software efficiently and reliably provides audio editors and producers with complete control over all aspects of audio editin...Read More
Sony Sound Forge Pro 10 software efficiently and reliably provides audio editors and producers with complete control over all aspects of audio editing and mastering. Whether in the studio or the field, Sound Forge 10 is an essential tool for media professionals who need to create and edit audio files with speed and accuracy. With new-to-the-series, precise, event-based editing, integrated disc-at-once CD burning, professional noise-reduction tools, and pristine audio time stretching, Sony Sound Forge Pro 10 delivers the ultimate all-in-one audio production suite for professional audio recording and mastering, sound design, audio restoration, and Red Book CD creation. Sound Forge 10 also includes Noise Reduction 2, plus the Mastering Effects Bundle 2 powered by iZotope.
Some product highlights:
Pristine sound quality: Sound Forge Pro 10 software supports full-resolution 24-bit and 32-bit/64-bit float 192kHz files for the ultimate in audio fidelity. Capture the subtle overtones and nuances of instruments, vocals, and effect changes.
Precise audio editing: Edit mono, stereo, and multichannel audio files (up to 32 channels) to the sample level in real time. Use familiar Windows commands to cut, copy, paste, mix, and crossfade audio. Drag audio between channels and work on one file while processing others in the background.
Powerful audio recording: Sound Forge Pro 10 software has a complete set of tools for recording audio. Record directly into your soundcard or use the Record Timer to begin and end a session at a specific time and date. Alternatively, you can start recording when a certain audio threshold is reached with Threshold Record Triggering. You can also record and edit multichannel audio files as easily as stereo files.
Effects processing: Apply over 40 professional studio effects and processes including Normalize, EQ, Delay, Chorus, Volume, Dynamics, Noise Gate, Pitch Shift, Flange, Vibrato, and more.
Zplane lastique Pro time stretch DirectX plug-in: Use the lastique time stretch and pitch shift plug-in for pristine audio quality. Choose from various stretching methods that are tailored to your source audio including Pro, Soloist, and Efficient modes. Monitor and adjust settings while previewing.
VST effect support: Native support of VST plug-ins, including parameter automation, expands on the number of effects you can apply to your audio, ultimately increasing your mastering flexibility.
Audio for video: Sound Forge Pro 10 software supports multiple video formats including AVI, WMV, and MPEG-1 and MPEG-2. Precisely synchronize audio and video frame by frame. Sound Forge Pro 10 software includes MPEG-2 templates for writing HDV-compliant files at 720p and 1080i resolutions and AVI templates using the CineForm CFHD codec for 720p and 1080i intermediate renders.
Event-based editing: Audio editing is more efficient and powerful with Sound Forge Pro 10 software. Quickly move and split events, create fades, apply ASR (attack/sustain/release) envelopes and crossfades within a single data window for more precision. Event-based editing provides an easier way to edit edges and fades and is ideal for precise audio mastering, assembling sketches of a project or to lay out tracks for authoring disc-at-once CDs.
Musical instrument file processing: Sound Forge Pro 10 software opens, processes, and saves DLS, GigaStudio/GigaSampler, and SoundFont 2.0 musical instrument files, allowing you to add effects and processing to existing samples.
Noise Reduction audio restoration plug-ins: Easily restore audio from LPs, cassettes, CDs, and more. The Noise Reduction 2 collection of plug-ins contains Noise Reduction, Audio Restoration, Click and Crackle Removal, and Clipped Peak Restoration. Use these to fix common audio problems such as tape hiss, clicks, and pops; salvage damaged recordings; and give new life to your audio.
Integrated disc-at-once CD burning: Sound Forge Pro 10 software includes fully integrated disc-at-once (DAO) CD mastering. Generate Red Book compliant disc-at-once premasters of your music suitable for professional replication. Perform full PQ code editing, create live-style CDs, add CD text and metadata, and use high-resolution source audio with precise conversion to Red Book audio. Integrated disc-at-once CD burning results in time savings and provides a more efficient workflow when assembling CD projects.
Acoustic Mirror software plug-in: Apply different environments to your audio including bridges, churches, concert halls, modern and classic microphones, and more.
Spectrum analysis tools: View frequencies and overtones of different channels within an audio file. The Spectrum Analysis tool shows multiple graphs depending on how many channels are selected. Analyze and see the fundamental frequencies and overtones in your recordings. Monitor audio and effects changes in real time, take multiple snapshots, and overlay views to compare and match frequencies of one file to another.
iZotope 64-bit SRC (sample rate conversion): Sound Forge Pro 10 software includes iZotope Sample Rate Conversion (SRC), which is a necessary process when converting material from one sampling rate (such as studio-quality 192kHz) to another rate (such as CD-quality 44.1kHz). iZotope SRC utilizes a hybrid low-pass filter design, resulting in pristine audio with less aliasing when resampling audio.
iZotope MBIT+ dither (bit-depth conversion): The best-sounding audio requires the highest sample bit depth. Sound Forge Pro 10 software includes iZotope MBIT+ dither. MBIT+ employs psychoacoustic methods to distribute noise into less audible ranges resulting in an improved sound and smoother fades.
Interactive Tutorials: Spend less time learning and more time mastering using the new integrated tutorials in Sound Forge Pro 10 software. These tutorials provide walkthrough demonstrations of common features and functionality, including DAO CD burning, vinyl recording and restoration for easy analog to digital conversion, and more.
Includes Mastering Effects Bundle 2, powered by iZotope: Powered by iZotope, the maker of world-class audio mastering tools, this powerful bundle includes six professional audio plug-ins: Mastering EQ, Mastering Reverb, Multiband Compressor, Mastering Limiter, Stereo Imager, and Harmonic Exciter. Use these plug-ins to expertly master and enhance your audio.
Dolby Digital AC-3 export: Use Sound Forge Pro 10 software to export multichannel files in surround AC-3 format using the included Dolby Digital AC-3 plug-in.
Full pro audio production suite with over 40 studio effects and processes, integrated disc-at-once CD burning, more.
- iZotope 64-bit SRC (sample rate conversion)
- iZotope MBIT+ Dither (bit-depth conversion)
- Auto Trim/Crop
- Normalize peak or RMS level
- Stereo Pan/Expand (supports mid-side mixing)
- Graphic, Paragraphic, and Parametric EQ
- DC Offset
- Graphic Fade with noise-shaping and dithering
- Fade In/Out
- Time Compress/Expand
- Insert Silence
- Bit Depth Converter (to 8-bit, 16-bit, 24-bit, or 32-bit)
- Includes Mastering Effects Bundle 2 powered by iZotope
- lastique Pro timestretch and pitch shift DirectX plug-in
- Resonant Filter plug-in
- VST plug-in effect support
- DirectX plug-in effects automation
- DirectX Plug-in Manager
- realtime effects previewing
- Modeless audio plug-in Chainer
- Acoustic Mirror environment simulator
- Amplitude Modulation
- Delay/Echo (Simple and Multi-Tap)
- Graphic Dynamics
- Multi-Band Dynamics
- Noise Gate
- Pitch Bend/Shift
- Wave Hammer Compressor/Volume Maximizer)
- Integrated disc-at-once CD burning
- Includes Noise Reduction 2.0
- Spectrum Analysis tool
- Phase and mono-compatibility meters
- Gracenote MusicID technology
- Application scripting
- Script Editor window
- Batch conversion
- Copy statistics to clipboard
- Drag-and-drop CD extraction
- Clipped peak detection and marking
- FM Synthesis with envelopes
- White, pink, brown, and filtered noise generators
- Simple synthesis sweep
- Auto Region (using beats and measures, or peak detection)
- Crossfade Loop
- Extract Regions
- Find Tool
- Preset Manager
- Sampler Tool
- Statistics Tool (Max, RMS, DC offset, Zero Crossings)
- DTMF/MF Tone Synthesis
- Event-based editing
- Musical instrument file processing (.DLS, .SF2, .GIG)
- Metadata editing via new Metadata windows
- Customizable window layouts
- Floating window docks
- Tabbed browsing for maximized data windows
- Default fade types in Preferences
- Custom selection grid lines
- Interactive Tutorials
- Multichannel file editing and processing
- Interface color customization
- Audio scrubbing tool
- JKL keyboard commands for scrubbing
- Customizable keyboard mapping
- Project paths in rendered media
- Realtime nondestructive editing
- Simple drag-and-drop operations
- Multitask background rendering
- Media Explorer window
- Undo/redo history
- Docking windows
- Performance optimizations (global media cache)
- Multichannel audio recording
- Hardware meters with output gain control
- ASIO driver support
- Automated time-based recording
- Audio threshold record triggering
- Prerecord buffer
- Auto calibration for DC offset
- Generate SMPTE/MIDI timecode
- Glitch/gap detection
- Punch In option
- Pre-roll to cursor
- realtime record/playback meters (VU/PPM and standard)
- Remote record function
- Regions and Playlists
- Regions List and Playlist windows
- Editing of fields
- List sorting
- Nondestructive playlist
- Name markers, loops, regions
- Trigger with sequencers
- Trigger with MIDI event-generating devices
- Trigger with timecode-generating devices
- Sample Editing
- Pop-up MIDI keyboard to test samples
- Sustaining loop
- Release loop
- Loop tuning window
- Generate/receive MIDI timecode
- SCSI/SMDI or MIDI/SDS sample transfer
- Timing Basis
- Absolute Frames
- Measures and Beats
- Samples, Time, Seconds
- SMPTE Drop/Non-Drop
- SMPTE EBU/Film Sync
- Time and Frames
- Encoding/Video Support
- Enhanced Broadcast Wave Format (.bwf) support
- Dolby Digital AC-3 export
- Multichannel Windows Media format support
- Video saving and render options (fast video resizing, deinterlace, source video resampling, and video stretching)
- Windows Media 9 Series import and export
- QuickTime 6 import and export, RealMedia 9 export
- Support for 24 fps DV video files
- Option to compensate for nonsquare pixels in Video Preview window
- Display exact video frame animation above waveform
- .MOV and MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 format import
- External monitor support using DV and IEEE 1394 devices
- Maintain perfect sync while working with full NTSC and PAL video
- Sound and video synchronization with subframe accuracy
- Various video and audio compression option
- Tools for ACID software
- Publish to ACIDplanet.com
- Create loops for ACID software
- Assign root notes, number of beats, and tempo
- Disc-at-once (DAO) CD Layout and Burning
- General Editing
- Support for up to 32-bit, 192kHz source audio
- CD Text support
- Multiple levels of undo/redo
- CD transport controls
- CD image file rendering
- Complete control over tracks, marker placements, and indices
- Preview multiple tracks or ranges of audio before extraction from a supported CD device
- Multiple file format support without conversion
- Autosave crash recovery
- Undo/redo history list
- Supports MP3, AIFF, Ogg Vorbis, Windows Media Audio, and more
- CD Design and Mastering
- Full PQ code editing support, including track and index positions and pause times
- Over 20 realtime DirectX plug-ins
- Set up alternate CD mixes in the same workspace
- Audio scrubbing
- Absolute times for replication
- Print cue sheets and format CD liner notes
- Up to 99 tracks
- Up to 99 subindices per track
- Smart track reordering
- Automatic pause time indication
- Relative times for liner notes
- Timeline event locking
- Adjustable pause times
- CD Writing
- Burns disc-at-once premaster CDs for professional replication
- USB, FireWire, SCSI, and IDE/ATAPI CD-R and CD-RW drive support
- Overburn support of 80 minute and other size CD-Rs
- Buffer underrun protection
- Test burn mode
- PQ list verification for Red Book compatibility prior to burn
- Burn speed selection
- Copy-inhibit flags
- Pre-emphasis flags
- Audio clipping detection
- International Standard Recording Codes (ISRC)
- Universal Product Codes (UPC)
- Media Catalog Numbers (MCN)
- Box contents:
Get your sound where you want it with ease. Order Sound Forge Pro 10 today.
SOUND FORGE 10
- System Requirements
Microsoft Windows XP (SP2 or later) or Windows Vista (SP2 or later)
300MB hard-disk space for program installation
Windows-compatible sound card
DVD-ROM drive (for installation)
Supported CD-recordable drive (for CD burning)
Microsoft DirectX 9.0c or later
Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0
You must provide registration information to Sony Creative Software Inc., a US company, in order to activate the software. Product requires online registration within 30 days.
Sound Forge Pro 10 Supported File Formats:
Opens: AA3*, AAC, AIF, ASF, AU, AVI*, CDA, DIG, DLS, DV, FRG, GIF, GIG, IVC, M2A, M2P, M2T, M4A, M4B, MMV, OGG, MOV, MP1, MP3, MP4, MPEG, MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 video, Sony MXF*, PCA, QT, RAW, SD, SFA, SF*, SND, TIF, VOB, VOX, W64*, WAV*, WMA*, WMV
Saves: AA3*, AC3*, AIF, ATRAC*, AU, AVI*, DIG, DLS, FRG, GIG, IVC, M1A, M1P, M2A, M2P, M2T, MMV, MOV, MP1, MP2, MP3, MP4, MPA, MPEG, MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 video, Sony MXF*, OGG, PCA, RAW, RM, SF2, VOX, W64*, WAV*, WMA*, WMV
*Supported multichannel format
Review Snapshotby PowerReviews
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
- Easy to Customize
- Easy to Navigate
- Educational Purposes
- Home Recording
Comments about Sony SOUND FORGE 10:
I've been using Sound Forge since the Sonic Foundry days, and it's only gotten better with every subsequent release. They keep adding more tools and increasing capabilities, and it manages to stay rock steady. It's literally been years since it's crashed on me. Pretty much anything you need to do to audio this can do, and it can work with any format you need. I've dabbled with making my own Acid loops. I've used noise reduction to clean up old cassette tapes I've captured (as well as audio from VHS tapes). You can zoom in to the sample level and fix individual glitches if you have to (but it's click & pop removal tool works quite well too). I always finalize my tracks with it. And version 10 comes with several iZotope mastering plug-ins that are all really nice.
- Primary use:
- Computer Platform:
Comments about Sony SOUND FORGE 10:
Does everything I need it do right now. I haven't really come close to exploring all of it's features.
I decided to expand my many years of recording knowledge and attempt to learn how to master my own mixes (30 years of studio experience now a home studio with a Tascam 2488 24 track DAW). About three years ago I got a copy of Adobe Audition, bought a how to book on Audition and set out to learn how to use it. After several months of frustration I gave up. For me Adobe Audition is not user friendly by any stretch of the imagination. I was highly disappointed. I found myself spending more time consulting the Adobe Audition manual for every little change than getting anything accomplished.
A little over a year ago I went to an all day recording seminar in New York City hosted by a well known engineer/producer who spent part of the day talking about mastering. When he was asked at the end of the day for recommendations on mastering software he recommended T-Racks 3 mastering software. He said it was very user friendly and contained a large number of presets that even allowed musicians with no experience to use easily and get pro results. I got a full funtioning demo copy of T-Racks and discovered he was right. This is excellent software with really great VST plug in modules. (So what has this got to do with Sony Sound Forge 10? Read on.)
About 6 months after getting proficient with my T-Racks a good friend gave me a copy of Sony Sound Forge 10. After my Abode Audition experience I was very hesitant and didnt feel that I needed it (I was really pleased with my T-Racks 3) but it was free and I decided to give it a try. Boy, Im glad I did. First off the interface is like the shareware Audacity on steroids. The ability to expand the wave forms on screen, cut, edit, paste and manipulate files easily is great. Sound Forge allows you to do the most prcis cuts that I have been able to do in any audio software. (It even beats my old analog tape splicing block and razor blades. Atually they sucked, Sound Forge makes it easy.) Unlike Abode Audition, this software is very user friendly and I was able to do a major project the day I got it without even owning a Sound Forge manual. (If you have experience with Audacity you will find the basics of Sony Sound Forge very easy to understand.) The best part for me came just after loading Sound Forge into my system. I was walking through the menus and saw that under Favorites Sound Forge had automatically created a T-Racks 3 folder. Clicking on this folder I saw that all of the great VST plug in gear from T-Racks (compressors, EQs, limiters etc.) was all listed and available just a click away and they work seemlessly in the Sound Forge software! Wow, now I have the best of worlds, a great interface to edit in and some of the awesome VST plug in modules from T-Racks. I have only used a few of the Sony Sound Forge plug ins but the few that I have used seem excellent. I can highly recommend the Wave Hammer to pump up overall volume or even just the highlighted areas of a track. The fade in and fade out features works very smoothly with not noticeable peaks or jerks. The reverbs are very nice with lots of adjustments (maybe too many adjustments) and there probably about 40 more Sony plug ins that I havent even tried yet. Sony Sound Forge took me a giant step closer to being able to professionally master my own recordings. Now its time to see if I possess the talent and the ears. Sony Sound Forge is no more excuses audio software. Everything I can think of to do the job at hand seems to be included.
P.S. Sound Forge also works with Sony Vegas Movie Studio so I can edit (limit, compress, Eq etc.) the sound track of video projects that I create in Vegas Movie Studio.
So far no problems. I am using a desktop PC with XP service pack 3. 3 gig of ram with a 2.0 processor and it works great
I have to honest. Mine was a present from a friend.