- 630556 000000000 630556000000000
Rane MP 2016S 6-Channel Rotary Mixer
- Write a Review
The Rane MP 2016a is a rotary-controlled audio DJ mixer with 6 input channels. It also has booth and house outputs, pre-effects tape outputs, post-ef...Read More
The Rane MP 2016a is a rotary-controlled audio DJ mixer with 6 input channels. It also has booth and house outputs, pre-effects tape outputs, post-effects tape outputs with level control, switchable effects loop, and headphone cueing. The Rane mixer's input channels 1 through 4 feature high quality RIAA phono preamplifiers which may be switched to line input via rear panel switches. Input channels 5 and 6 each provide a balanced mic preamp with input gain trim, mic/line switch, two-band EQ, mic engage switch and an internal booth ducking enable jumper. In addition to the six dedicated preamplifiers, all 6 input channels on the Rane MP 2016a rack mixer may select any of the five stereo auxiliary inputs.
Each input channel on the Rane DJ mixer provides a 6-position source selector, input gain control for matching levels, signal/overload indicators and a studio-grade master mix control.
The booth output may select master or cue as its source. An ultra-low noise, high power headphone amplifier also allows monitoring the master mix or cue mix.
Rane's MP 2016a improves on the original MP 2016 by adding split cue. Individual cue switches on each channel drive a panning master/cue control for the headphone output.
The master mix circuit provides signal/overload indicators, mono switch and high-pass/rumble filters. In addition, the master output features patent-pending, high-performance 3-band, full-cut, accelerated-slope tone controls.
The MP 2016a provides exceptional ergonomics, good feel and a clean, intuitive layout packaged in a compact 19", 3U rackmount chassis, a scant 5" deep.
So you say,"Great, but to accommodate the diverse needs of all DJ mixing styles, I need dedicated high performance three-band, full-cut, Accelerated-Slope tone controls for each of the six Input Channels, high-performance Active-Crossfader with full range contour control, A-Post-B crossfader assign switches and a stereo, 10-segment, peak dBu Master/Cue meter with peak hold; all without effecting the ergonomics of my classic rotary mixer."
Rane has you covered! With the flip of a switch on the MP 2016a front panel, you can engage the DJ mixer's optional XP 2016a External Processor and acquire all of these features.
Accommodates the diverse needs of all DJ mixing styles.
- Split cueing
- Six stereo Input channels
- 4 dedicated stereo Phono/Line preamps
- 2 dedicated Mic/Line preamps with:
- Gain trims
- 2-band tone controls
- Engage switches
- Booth ducking
- Five stereo auxiliary inputs
- Input gain controls for level matching
- Switchable effects loop
- Booth output with Master/cue source switch
- Separate pre- and post-effects tape outputs
- Master accelerated-slope, full-cut, 3-band tone controls
- Audiophile/studio sound quality
- Highest quality Alps potentiometers
- High power headphone amplifier
MP 2016S 6-Channel Rotary Mixer
- Gain 0 1 dB 1 kHz, tone flat
- Input Impedance 20k 1% _ 1 kHz
- Max Input Level +20 min dBu Max before input stage overload @ 1 kHz
- Output Impedance 100 1% _ @ 1 kHz
- Max Output Levels +20 min dBu @ 1 kHz
- THD+N: Post Crossfader .01 typ % 20 to 20 kHz, 80 kHz BW
- Crossfader .1 typ % 20 to 20 kHz, 80 kHz BW
- Noise -82 1 dBu Tones set flat
- Meters: Type Peak dBu Follows MP 2016a Headphone source
- Crossfader: Type Active with Contour control
- Crosstalk -70 max dBu Channel to channel, 1 kHz
- Control Feed-through -80 max dB 1 kHz
- Tone Controls: Treble 4k, Shelving 5% Hz 2nd-order, range +6 dB to full kill
- Mid 300 to 4k, Band-pass 5% Hz 2nd-order, range +6 dB to full kill
- Bass 300, Shelving 5% Hz 2nd-order, range +6 dB to full kill
- Note: 0 dBu=0.775 Vrms
- Agency, Power and Shipping Specifications
- Parameter Specification Limit Units Conditions/Comments
- Unit: Agency Listing
- 120 VAC model Class 2 Equipment National Electrical Code
- UL, CSA Exempt, Class 2
- 230 VAC model VDE, SELV Safety extra low voltage
- CE (EMC) EMC directive 89/336/EEC
- CE (safety) Exempt Article 1 of LVD 73/23/EEC
- Power Supply: Agency Listing Class 2 equipment
- 120 VAC model UL listed File no. E88261
- CSA Certified File no. LR58948
- 230 VAC model CE (EMC) Meets EMC directive 89/336/EEC
- CE (safety) LV directive 73/23/EEC
- Power Supply Requirement 18 VAC w/ center tap RS 1
- Maximum Current 750 mA RMS current from remote supply
- Unit Construction All Steel
- Size 5.25"H x 19"W x 5.3"D (3U) (13.3 cm x 48.3 cm x 13.5 cm)
- Weight 11 lb. (5.0 kg) Each Unit
- Shipping: Size 11" x 23" x 16" (27.9 cm x 58.4 cm x 40.6 cm)
- Weight 18 lb. (8.1 kg) Each Unit
Review Snapshot®by PowerReviews
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
- Accurate Controls
- Easy To Use
- Excellent Sound
- Mobile DJ
- Professional Recording
Comments about Rane MP 2016S 6-Channel Rotary Mixer:
If you experienced the sound system at the Paradise Garage, love reggae dancehall, Soca, or Deep and Soulful house music, this is a choice mixer. Although it's not the original Bozak, Urei 1620, or you may not want to spend for an Allen and Heath Xone V6, the analog sound quality from this mixer is wicked. When I spin Garage classics and other records, you can hear each instrument and the vocals, crystal clear!
It's unreal how you can manipulate the crowd and the sound of the music using the low, mid, and high, full kill EQ's. It's basically a mini Isolator! With 6 input channels you don't have to waste time flipping switches back and forth, in the middle of a mix, going from turntable to CD player. I love the smoothness of the Alps pots when mixing. If you didn't get a Urei back in the day, get this now.
Comments about Rane MP 2016S 6-Channel Rotary Mixer:
This is the purists mixer. If your sounds quality standards haven't been ruined by terrible MP3 sound, and you're old enough to have heard and appreciated ANALOG electronic dance music, then look no further. For playing vinyl, no DJ mixer will beat this (short of the $6k Allen and Heath V6). Also, if you play a lot of WAV CDR's (or if you're a looser, MP3s) via CDJs, this is still the real deal. Mixing with rotary knobs takes things up to the next level.