- Product 485875
Rising Software Musition 4 Cross Platform
- Write a Review
Musition 4 Student Edition is the Rising Software comprehensive music theory and fundamentals package for music students of all ages and abilities. M...Read More
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
We're sorry—this item is unavailable.
Intelligently designed music theory training and testing tool designed for the classroom.
Musition 4 Student Edition is the Rising Software comprehensive music theory and fundamentals package for music students of all ages and abilities. Musition 4 Student Edition's interactive teaching makes learning music theory fun and easy. The structured drills and instant feedback create a stimulating learning environment, enabling students to achieve their maximum potential. Complete with 34 topics and sophisticated record keeping features, Musition 4 Student is a comprehensive music theory training and testing tool.
Designed for students of all ages and abilities, Musition 4 Student is simple to use and creates a stimulating learning environment, so students progress quickly and achieve their maximum potential. What's more, Musition 4 Student automatically marks all the tests for you, so students can use it unaided.
It is ideal for schools, colleges, universities, and anyone learning or teaching an instrument. It is especially suitable for classical, jazz, and rock/pop students, with special exercises on jazz scales, chord symbols, guitar chord diagrams, and drum styles.
Proof of status as a student or educator is required to get this special price break.
Using Musition 4 Student in the classroom
Musition 4 Student includes simple yet sophisticated tools for classroom management, student assessment and record-keeping, and networking, making it an ideal software tool for your music classroom. All multi-user copies of Musition 4 Student provide these features via included network server software—at no extra cost.
All of the copies of Musition 4in your school can access a central database for the purposes of storing student profiles, assessment history, customized syllabuses, and so on. Simply set up one of your Windows or Mac computers as the host for the network database using the provided, and then all of your other computer that have the product can connect.
Connect from anywhere in your school
The computers your students use to run Musition 4 Student don't even need to be in the same classroom as your network server. Install Musition 4 Student in your school library, music practice rooms, student common rooms, etc., as well as your classroom, and students can log on from anywhere to their own personalized profile.
Musition 4 Student allows you to set up profiles for all of the students in each of your classes in just a few minutes: simply create the Class, then assign students to that Class. You can set options for each Class, including minimum levels (so that students in advanced classes are not made to work through questions that are too easy for them), whether or not students can attempt questions multiple times, which Syllabuses should be included, and more.
Tests and electronic worksheets
Sometimes you will be happy to let students work through the materials in Musition 4 Student in a self-directed fashion, but sometimes you will want them to work through specific sets of questions. You can choose between dozens of preset Tests, or you can quickly and simply construct your own.
You can even create a test at school, export it to a file, then email that file to your students using Musition 4 Student at home. They can complete the test and email you a PDF showing their results!
Record-keeping and results
Each student's progress is automatically tracked as they work through the Drills, Tests, and Courses in Musition 4, with the results logged on the network server (or on the student's individual computer, if the network server has not been set up).
Teachers can easily view, print, and export their students' results, which are updated daily, allowing constant monitoring and tracking of student progress. All of these features make Musition 4 Student the ultimate software tools for your music classroom.
- Significant new features
- Updated and expanded lessons
- New interface
- Music theory training & testing
- Makes theory fun & easy
- Automatic assessment saves hours
- For all ages & ability levels
- Ideal for exam preparation
- Create your own levels to suit your students' abilities
- Customize content to suit a specific syllabus
- Includes detailed on-screen reference information with helpful music examples to listen to
- Cross-platform for both Windows and Mac OS X
- Hundreds of exercises in 34 Theory Training topics (broken down into 5 topic groups: Pitch, Rhythm, Terms & Symbols, Harmony, and Instruments), including:
- Tap a rhythm with the space bar
- Identify pitches on treble, bass and C-clefs
- Identify key signatures, chords, and inversions
- Identify scales and modes, and correct wrong notes
- Range and transposition of instruments
- Classroom use, assessment, and record keeping:
- Record results for an unlimited number of students
- Use the Classes feature to define how the program operates for students of varying ages and abilities
- The Syllabus feature allows you to modify and save levels, allowing you to tailor questions and answers to suit your students pedagogical requirements
- Create customized tests (worksheets) for your students
- View and Print student scores for Tests and Courses as well as regular practice
Whether your classroom prefers PC or Mac, this software will get your training on track. Order now!
Musition 4 Cross Platform
- System Requirements
- Windows: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, 512MB+ RAM, 200MB hard disk space, CD-ROM Drive
- Mac: Intel processors only, Mac OS X 10.4.11 or later, Mac OS X 10.5 or Mac OS X 10.6, 512MB+ RAM, 200MB hard disk space, CD-ROM drive
- Versions of Windows earlier than Windows XP are no longer supported, and Macs with PowerPC processors (e.g. PowerMac G4, PowerMac G5, original iMac, PowerBook G4, etc.) or versions of Mac OS X prior to Mac OS X 10.4 cannot use Musition 4
- Musition 4 is available for Windows and Mac