- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Maple Leaf Strings MLS 130 Apprentice Collection Viola Outfit
- Write a Review
- #J23075 000004000 J23075000004000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Having the right tools is the most important thing when starting out on any instrument, and naturally a quality instrument is chief among those tools...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Viola outfit with quality woods.
Having the right tools is the most important thing when starting out on any instrument, and naturally a quality instrument is chief among those tools. The hand-carved Maple Leaf Strings 130 viola is designed to give you the best possible start to your journey in music. Available in 15" through 16.5" (select from dropdown menu).
These instruments are designed for the beginning string student. With any Maple Leaf Strings instrument, essential elements like an ebony fingerboard and genuine purfling are presumed. Maple Leaf then scoops the top below the purfle line, a feature usually reserved for higher-level instruments, and then hand applies an oil varnish.
A protective case and a graphite bow complete the package, giving the young violist Viola outfit with a proper, cost-effective start.
- Otto tailpiece with four fine tuners
- Professional quality hand-applied spirit varnish
- Fully hand-carved with seasoned spruce top and flamed curly-maple back
- Outfit includes brazilwood bow and case
- 4/4 and 3/4 violins set-up with Maple
- Leaf Strings perlon strings; smaller violins
- and violas set up with D™Addario Prelude strings
Get a head start. Get a Maple Leaf Strings instrument.
- Top: Spruce
- Back & Sides: Flamed Maple
- Neck: Well seasoned curly maple
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Fittings: Ebony
- Tailpiece: Otto Composite with four fine tuners
- Chin Rest: Guarneri style ebony Bridge: High quality Maple Leaf Strings maple bridge
- Purfling: Hand inlaid ebony
- Strings: D™Addario Prelude
- Finish: Hand applied Oil Varnish
- Bow: Maple Leaf Strings brazilwood bow with horse hair
- Case: Violin and Viola Plywood construction oblong suspension case; Cello: Padded Bag
- Sizes: Violin: 1/16 - 4/4; Viola 12-16.5
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.