- #J23093 000002000 J23093000002000
Maple Leaf Strings Vieuxtemps Craftsman Collection Viola
- Write a Review
Based on the famous Guarneri del Ges¹ violin owned by Henri Vieuxtemps, the Maple Leaf Strings™ Vieuxtemps viola captures many of the visual and aura...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
An homage to a legendary instrument.
Based on the famous Guarneri del Ges¹ violin owned by Henri Vieuxtemps, the Maple Leaf Strings™ Vieuxtemps viola captures many of the visual and aural attributes of the original masterpiece. Vieuxtemps was a 19th century Belgian composer and violinist who was renowned for his virtuosity and his composing.
The lore of the legendary violin this instrument is designed after merits further research. In fact, upon Vieuxtemps death, the Guarneri del Gesu (literally 'of Jesus') violin was carried on a pillow behind the hears that bore his body. This is the kind of tradition and near reverence the designers of the Vieuxtemps Craftsman faced when rendering this fine instrument. It is of course not the one of a kind treasure that the original is, but it could be your treasure, and the instrument that takes you into and through your secondary studies on the viola.
Ebony fittings, tailpiece and chin rest
Four fine tuners
Back & Sides: Highly Flamed Maple
Neck: Well seasoned curly maple
Tailpiece: Otto Composite with four fine tuners
Chin Rest: Guarneri style ebony chin rest
Bridge: High quality Maple Leaf Strings maple bridge
Purfling: Hand inlaid ebony
Strings: D™Addario Helicore
Finish: Hand applied Spirit Varnish
Bow: N/A Instrument only
Case: Complimentary protective Foam case
Sizes: Violin 4/4; Viola: 15-16.5
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.