- 463028 000008000 463028000008000
Yamaha SVC-210SK Silent Cello
- Write a Review
Lightweight and versatile, the SVC-210SK silent cello is convenient for travel yet perfect for stage performance or studio recording. With its fully ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Ideal for practice or performance.
Lightweight and versatile, the SVC-210SK silent cello is convenient for travel yet perfect for stage performance or studio recording. With its fully collapsible design in both the upper and lower bouts it is especially portable. It features an inner resonating chamber to give players an acoustic feel. Additionally it has 3 reverb presets onboard for setting the ambience you desire, and it can be attached to a CD or MP3 player for use with recorded accompaniment or play-along practice. Comes equipped with headphones, AA batteries and a protective gig bag.
- Fully collapsible in both upper and lower bout
- 3 reverb presets
- Inner resonance chamber to give it an acoustic instrument feel
- Can be attached to CD/MP3 player for recorded music accompaniment
- Includes headphones, 2 AA batteries, and gig bag
Call or click to order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Easy To Play
- Geared tuning pegs!
- Nice sound
- Quality Craftsmanship
- A bit heavy
- Apparently no solid cases are available
- Folding lower braces are not multi-positional
- Eclectic Bands
Comments about Yamaha SVC-210SK Silent Cello:
I play the electric cello in a seven member world/folk fusion band. I bought this to replace a cheap 5-string electric cello that had conventional tuning pegs and not the best sound. The resonating chamber built into this cello gives it a richer sound than my other electric. The instrument is easy to play ( I am small, 5'2") and easy to get a nice sound out of. I added a multi-effects pedal which adds even more dimension and versatility to the instrument.
I absolutely love the geared tuning pegs. Playing gigs in so many different venues, including outside, is a challenge to keep the instrument in tune. I just spent the summer season playing outdoor gigs and the tuning held up nicely with hardly any adjustment.
I did replace the strings that came with the instrument with better quality Larson strings. The included strings were OK but did not have the sound I needed.
My main complaint with this instrument is that the lower braces for the legs are not multi-positional. That would be helpful, and a lot more comfortable, to accommodate a musician's size and proportions.
I have tried to play this standing up as well as sitting. It will need some practice as the balance on the instrument does not lend itself to standing. I would add better balance to my wishlist. I would also love a 5-string version!
Over all, I am very happy with the cello. It is turning out to be a solid, versatile, workhorse of an instrument. I have not tried recording with it yet but I am confident that it will work beautifully there as well.
Service and delivery comments:
Musician's Friend sent this out promptly. Unfortunately UPS miss-directed the package (UPS error). Musician's Friend customer service were great in helping to track it down and get the cello to me. They followed up after delivery and I am quite happy with their customer service.