Progressive drummer and educator Matt Halpern has made a career out of staying tastefully on the perimeter. When he joined progressive metal act Periphery in 2009, his urbane and complementary style laid a solid percussive foundation for the band while adding new layers of expression. Now is your chance to win the opportunity to fly and meet Matt, experience a private lesson, and a Mapex Saturn V MH to practice everything Matt teaches you.
- Fly to meet Matt Halpern and have a private drum lesson
- Mapex Saturn V MH 5-piece kit
- Mapex Wraith Matt Halpern Artist Inspired Black Panther Snare Drum
- Falcon hardware
- Evans heads
- ProMark sticks
- Meinl Byzance cymbal autographed by Matt Halpern
- Select merchandise from Mapex, Evans, and ProMark
TOTAL ARV $8,250
Airfare, hotel and ground transportation courtesy of
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void where prohibited. Open to legal residents, age 18 and older, of the 48 U.S. States and the District of Columbia. Starts 8/24/15 and ends 9/30/15. Odds depend on number of entries received. See musiciansfriend.com for Official Rules and how to play for free. Sponsor: Musician’s Friend, Inc., 5795 Lindero Canyon Road, Westlake Village, CA 91362.
Official Sweepstakes Rules
MUSICIAN'S FRIEND PRESENTS
MATT HALPERN’S DRUMMERS RULE SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. SPONSOR: Musician’s Friend, Inc., 5795 Lindero Canyon Road, Westlake Village, CA 91362. “Sponsor and its agents” shall mean Musician’s Friend, its advertising/promotional and/or fulfillment agencies and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries and their respective employees, officers, directors and agents.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Matt Halpern’s Drummer’s Rule Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") is open to legal residents of the contiguous 48 U.S. states and the District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older as of date of entry. Void in Puerto Rico, Alaska, Hawaii, United States territories and possessions and wherever prohibited by law. Subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. The Sweepstakes, and any website pages and advertisements or promotional materials relating thereto, are intended for viewing only within the United States. You are not authorized to participate in the Sweepstakes if you are not physically located within the United States at the time of entry. Officers, directors, employees and agents of Sponsor, prize providers, and their parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, and their advertising and promotional agencies, and their respective officers, directors and agents (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”) and the immediate family members (spouse, siblings, parents, children and their respective spouses) and persons living in the same household of each are not eligible.
3. HOW TO ENTER: This Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:01 am Pacific Time ("PT") on August 24, 2015 and ends at 11:59:59 pm PT September 30, 2015 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). You may enter the Sweepstakes only by online entry at musiciansfriend.com/pages/matt-halperns-sweepstakes ("Website"), fill out the online entry form, and submit it during the Sweepstakes Period. No other attempted method of entry will be accepted. One entry per person and per email address (“Entrant”). If more than one entry is submitted, only the first such entry submitted will be accepted. Any intentional attempt by a participant to obtain more than the allowable entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, or any other methods will void all of that participant’s entries. Use of computer programs, macro, programmed, robotic, automatic, and other similar means to enter the Sweepstakes is prohibited and may result in the disqualification of the Entrant. Automated methods of online entry are prohibited. Sponsor will not verify or acknowledge receipt of entries. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an online entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the email account is registered. All entries submitted become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
By entering, entrants agree to comply with these Official Rules and represent that they meet all eligibility requirements. Illegible and/or incomplete entries and entries submitted by entrants who do not meet the eligibility requirements (including all requirements with respect to age and residence) are void. Sponsor and its agents are not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries not received by Sponsor in time for the drawing. Proof of entering information at any store does not constitute proof of delivery or receipt.
4. PRIZE DRAWING AND NOTIFICATION: “Potential Winner” will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries received on or about October 9, 2015, by Sponsor or its designee, the judge of the Sweepstakes, whose decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Potential Winner will be notified by telephone, or email (“Prize Notification") and must confirm by telephone or email within 24 hours of Prize Notification his/her full name and a mailing address ("Mailing Information"), where Sponsor can send an Affidavit of Eligibility, a W-9 tax form and Liability/Publicity Release (collectively, the "Sweepstakes Documents"). The mailing address must be a street address (no P.O. Boxes). If a Potential Winner does not confirm the Mailing Information in response to the Prize Notification within 24 hours of Prize Notification, he/she will be disqualified and an alternate Potential Winner will be selected from all eligible entries received. Once Sponsor receives a Potential Winner's Mailing Information, a set of Sweepstakes Documents will be sent to him/her via overnight mail. Each Potential Winner (or, in the event that the Potential Winner is an eligible minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) must sign and return the Sweepstakes Documents within two (2) days of the date of the Sweepstakes Documents are sent or he/she will forfeit the Prize and an alternate Potential Winner will be selected. If Potential Winner is an eligible minor, Sweepstakes Documents must be signed by Potential Winner’s parent or legal guardian. Sponsor will attempt to award each prize to alternate Potential Winners following the same procedure until a winner is selected. If the prize cannot be awarded before time runs out for selecting a winner in time to attend the Workshop on its scheduled dates, an alternative prize of equivalent value will be awarded to the Winner. Provided that the Potential Winner has complied with these Official Rules and meets all of the eligibility requirements set forth herein, following Sponsor’s timely receipt of the signed Sweepstakes Documents, Sponsor shall declare the Potential Winner a winner (“Winner”) and award the Prize. Return of any Prize Notification or Sweepstakes Documents as undeliverable will result in disqualification and alternate Potential Winners will be selected, from all eligible entries received according to the process set forth above until a Winner has been selected.
5. PRIZE AND ODDS OF WINNING:
One (1) Grand Prize (the “Prize”):
- One (1) trip for two (2) (the Winner and one eligible “Guest”) to a destination in the continental U.S. to meet Matt Halpern and get a private drum lesson (the “Trip”). The Trip includes round trip coach airfare for two (from a major commercial airport near Winner's residence within the continental United States), lodging (2 days/1 night – double occupancy), ground transportation, including to and from the local airport. (ARV: $3,000)
- One (1) Mapex Saturn V MH 5-Piece Studioease Shell Pack (ARV: $1,700)
- One (1) Mapex Wraith Matt Halpern Black Panther Snare (ARV: $490)
- One (1) Mapex Falcon Double Bass Drum Pedal (ARV: $400)
- Four (4) Mapex Falcon Boom Stands (ARV: $800)
- One (1) Mapex Falcon Hi-Hat Stand (ARV: $200)
- One (1) Mapex Falcon Snare Stand (ARV: $100)
- One (1) Mapex Four Legged Double Brace Throne with Adjustable Back Rest (ARV: $150)
- One (1) Mapex Clamp (ARV: $50)
- Evans drum heads - A one year supply of drum heads including:
Three (3) Evans EC2 SST Clear Drum Head Pack Rock – Size 10/12/16 (ARV: $150)
Four (4) Evans Genera HD Dry Batter Coated Snare Head 14 in. (ARV: $60)
One (1) Evans G1 Clear Drumhead Pack Rock – Size 10/12/16 (ARV: $35)
Two (2) Evans EMAD 2 Clear Batter Bass Drum Head 22 in. ($85)
One (1) Imprinted custom bass drum head http://www.musiciansfriend.com/inked-by-evans (ARV: $90)
- 48 Pair Promark Drum Sticks package – winner’s choice on type (ARV: $450)
- One (1) Meinl Byzance Traditional Series 18" Extra Thin Hammered Crash (ARV: $290)
- Merchandise from D’Addario, and Mapex (ARV: $100)
Actual value of the Trip will vary depending on point of departure. Dates and other specifics of all travel are subject to change in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Total ARV of the Prize: $8,150
Odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received. Each entry will have an equal chance of winning.
6. PRIZE CONDITIONS: Selection and specifics of the Prize, including travel accommodations, will be determined in the Sponsor's sole discretion. If the Trip is not possible for any reason, that portion of the Prize will be cancelled and subject to substitution in the sole discretion of Sponsor. No cash redemption or prize substitution allowed, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute cash value or another prize it believes is of equal or greater value. Additionally, if time runs out on the dates of the Workshop before the Prize can be awarded, a substitute prize, as described above, may be awarded instead of the Prize, and any such substitution shall be in the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Prize is non-transferable. The Prize will be awarded. The Prize is awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). Prize is non-transferable and indivisible.
Winner may not sell the Guest ticket and any attempt to do so will be void and the Winner will forfeit the entire Prize. In order to be considered an eligible Guest, Guest must be at least twenty-one (21) years old and must sign (and if the Guest is an eligible minor as defined in his/her state of residence, his/her parent/legal guardian must also sign) and return a Liability/Publicity Release which must be received by Sponsor at the time the Sweepstakes Documents are due, or the Prize will be forfeited. Actual travel dates for the Trip, including departure date, will be determined in the Sponsor’s sole discretion. All travel dates and travel and hotel/lodging arrangements are subject to change and availability, holiday and blackout dates. Winner and any proposed eligible Guest must be able to travel or the Prize will be forfeited. Winner and Guest must travel on the same itinerary and at the same time. Additional travel conditions, limitations and restrictions may apply. Winner and any proposed eligible Guest are responsible for obtaining any necessary travel documents. Sponsor is not responsible for Trip, Workshop, program, or flight cancellations or delays. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen tickets, travel vouchers, certificates or prize items.
7. TAXES AND COSTS RELATED TO THE PRIZES: All applicable taxes, including all federal, state, local and other taxes and any license, destination and delivery charges are the sole responsibility of Winner. Winner is advised to seek counsel regarding tax liabilities associated with the Prize. All expenses and incidentals not specifically mentioned herein are not included and are solely the responsibility of Winner, including but not limited to, purchases, meals, beverages, airport transport, service fees, medical services, personal expenses, telephone calls, immigration fees, insurance, taxes, gratuities, and other costs. Winner may be issued a 1099 tax form for the ARV of the Prize.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS: If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion to cancel, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes and award the Prizes in a random drawing from eligible entries received prior to termination. No liability or responsibility is assumed by Sponsor or Its agents resulting from any user's participation in or attempt to participate in the Sweepstakes. No responsibility or liability is assumed by the Sponsor or Its agents for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with any of the following occurrences which may affect the operation of the Sweepstakes: hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity or other online communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts or providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any e-mail transmissions to be sent or received; lost, late, delayed or intercepted e-mail transmissions; inaccessibility of the Website in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or the Website; unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Sweepstakes, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, worms; or destruction of any aspect of the Sweepstakes, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of an email account used in connection with the Sweepstakes. Sponsor and Its agents are not responsible for any typographical errors in the announcement of prizes or these Official Rules, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on the Website.
9. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATIONS OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. DISPUTES: Each entrant agrees that (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and any judicial proceeding shall take place in a federal or state court in Los Angeles County, California; (2) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys fees and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and the Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than those of the State of California.
11. RESULTS: For the name of the winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Matt Halpern’s Drummer’s Rule Sweepstakes Winners’ List c/o Musician’s Friend, 5795 Lindero Canyon Road, Westlake Village, CA 91362, to be received no later than March 31, 2016.
TM and © 2015 Musician’s Friend. All rights reserved. Musician’s Friend is the only Sponsor of this Sweepstakes. Various third parties are the manufacturers, suppliers or signature endorsers of prizes offered in this Sweepstakes but are not co-sponsors of or affiliated with this Sweepstakes in any other way. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.