- Product 180038
A Designs R52 Dual Slot Rackmount Power Supply
- Write a Review
After noticing that most lunchbox-style rackmount power supplies always seemed to have only two slots in use, A-Designs Audio created the R52 power s...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Rackmount power supply for A Designs EM-Series preamps.
After noticing that most lunchbox-style rackmount power supplies always seemed to have only two slots in use, A-Designs Audio created the R52 power supply. Now, rather than spend big bucks on an API lunchbox, the R52 gives you an affordable way to bring the magic of A Designs into your studio. Plus, you can easily add more as your studio grows.
You are able to use the R52 and A Designs module combinations in four basic ways:
1. Loaded with two preamps it becomes a dual channel Mic Pre
2. Loaded with two EQ's it is a dual channel EQ
3. Loaded with one preamp and one EQ and LINK engaged, it is a complete pre/post EQ recording channel
4. Use one preamp and the EQ in the R52 and bypass your pre on your guitar/bass/keyboard amplifier and have a totally different amp for any live situation.
The R52 works normally in dual mono, via an XLR in and out for each channel. This enables use as a conventional two channel system for 500 mic pres or EQs. A special feature on the R52 is the LINK switch, which sends the output of Channel 1 (slot 1) to the input of Channel 2 (slot 2). This enables a console-like configuration with an input preamp on channel 1 feeding an EQ on channel 2 to a single balanced XLR output; the channels cascade, channel 1 feeding channel 2 like a console strip. However, the XLR output on Channel 1 (slot 1) is not disconnected during LINK so in a preamp slot 1, EQ slot 2 configuration, you have in 1U a "dry" direct out, a pre-EQ balanced output, and a "wet" post EQ balanced output. This unique option makes it especially flexible to those who own two preamps and two EQs with one rack, so 3 different combinations of systems can be configured in the field by the user.
- Compatible with all the A-Designs 500 series modules
- Internal regulated power supply w/ phantom power
- Steel chassis construction
- Machine-milled (not stamped) aluminum faceplate
- LINK switch for cascading channel one into channel two
- LED power supply indicator
- Grill cutout at top to aid module connection as well as guides at the bottom
- Comes with shielded power cord
R52 Dual Slot Rackmount Power Supply
- Connections: XLR Inputs/Outputs (electronically balanced)
- Power Requirements: 100/120/230 VAC - 14W
- Power Output / Channel: 140mA @ _16VDC
- Dimensions: 19" x 1.75" x 10.25"
- Weight: 7 lbs. / 3.2 kg - empty