- Product 702779
AAS String Studio String Modeling Synthesizer Software
- Write a Review
The Applied Acoustics Systems (AAS) String Studio is a software string modeling synthesizer that trades in the traditional oscillator, filter, and en...Read More
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Entirely based on physical modeling for outstanding sound quality.
The Applied Acoustics Systems (AAS) String Studio is a software string modeling synthesizer that trades in the traditional oscillator, filter, and envelope pattern for real-life string instrument components. A cutting-edge string model interacting with picks, bows, hammers, fingers, frets, dampers, and soundboards is at the heart of String Studio. Through this direct approach, String Studio delivers stunning guitars, basses, harps, clavinets, bowed instruments, and percussion, as well as rich and animated tones that blend the warmth, naturalness, and density of real life with unique and innovative timbres from yet unheard instruments.
The Unmistakable Feeling of Playing a Real Instrument
Instead of relying on samples and wavetables, String Studio generates sound on the fly using an accurate model of the components and interactions involved in stringed instruments. This elaborate synthesis engine responds dynamically depending on your performance and how it is already vibrating, producing sound that is always unique to the moment. As a result of its nature, String Studio captures the richness and diversity of acoustic textures and reproduces the quirks, subtleties, and responsiveness of real instruments. This is the key to providing you with vibrant sound as well as the presence and expressivity of a real instrument.
The String Studio interface is conveniently laid out around components of a stringed instrument and the controls are directly related to their physical properties. With just a limited number of intuitive parameters, String Studio procures a remarkable range of sounds. Explore the extensive collection of warm and organic sounds included with String Studio or tweak and create exquisite textures simply not possible with other synthesizers.
Finally, String Studio offers premium performance features, including keyboard modes, portamento, vibrato, and legato functions, as well as a programmable pattern arpeggiator. For optimal controller integration, String Studio features a complete set of MIDI features; easy-to-use MIDI Learn function for user-defined MIDI maps, min/max parameter range settings, MIDI program change and automation. A high-quality effect rack, featuring distortion, chorus, delay, and reverb completes the package.
- Top-quality preset library
- Realtime calculation of sound - no samples
- 32-bit floating point internal processing
- Audio bit-depth and sample rates up to 24-bit/192kHz
- Integrated audio recorder to capture performance on the fly
- Integrated browser and locate function for easy navigation and organization of presets
- Import/Export functions for easy sharing of presets
- Unlimited undo/redo capability
- Standalone operation - no host application required
- Standard plug-in formats support
- Full audio and MIDI hardware support
- Simultaneous operation of multiple MIDI ports
- MIDI automation and program change support
- User defined MIDI maps with MIDI Learn
- High-quality integrated master effects: chorus, delay, and reverb
- MIDI Clock, tap and host tempo synchronization
A novel approach to great synth sound. Order now!
String Studio String Modeling Synthesizer Software
- Supported Platforms:
- Windows: 98SE, ME, 2000, XP - Pentium III 800MHz - 128MB RAM
- Mac OSX: 10.2 and higher - G4 733MHz - 256MB RAM
- Supported Soundcard Drivers:
- ASIO, DirectX, MME, Sound Manager, Core Audio
- Supported Formats:Standalone, VST, DXi, DirectConnect, MAS, RTAS (on OSX), AU