- Product 702490
Ableton Live 5 Realtime Music Production Software
- Write a Review
Abelton Live 5--winner of countless industry awards--lets you simultaneously compose, record, remix, improvise, and edit your musical ideas in a seam...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Experience the revolutionary music production software--Abelton Live 5.
Abelton Live 5--winner of countless industry awards--lets you simultaneously compose, record, remix, improvise, and edit your musical ideas in a seamless audio/MIDI environment. Loop-based and linear production methodologies, including unique virtual instruments and effects, are integrated in Live to give you creative freedom like never before. Also, Live 5 works seamlessly with Pro Tools M-Powered.
Live 5's new features include MP3 support, awesome beat-synced effects, clip freezing, launchable arrangement locators, Mackie Control support, and much more.
With Abelton Live 5, you can produce audio and MIDI in real time without pressing the stop button, make a new composition using clips with different tempos and pitches, and make on-the-fly tempo and pitch changes. Includes virtual instruments and cool built-in effects with automation. Expandable via VST and ReWire support.
- Recording and editing
- Up to 32-bit/192kHz multitrack hard disk recording
- Complete MIDI and audio sequencing
- Nondestructive editing and unlimited undo
- Instant capturing and resampling of audio signals during playback
- Realtime loop/overdub MIDI recording for pattern build-up
- Unlimited audio and MIDI tracks
- Nonlinear sequencing
- Map audio and MIDI files to MIDI keyboard ranges and computer keys for instant triggering
- Records all actions as editable arrangements and automations
- Set and jump to arrangement locators complete with quantization
- Scene concept for nonlinear organization of audio and MIDI files for live and jamming purposes
- Customized and random sequencing of audio and MIDI files for generating ideas and preparing performances
- Actions can allow for automatic jamming and generative music
- Time and pitch manipulation
- Real-time time-stretching to play any audio file in sync with the project tempo, even if original tempo fluctuates
- Real-time pitch shifting for the individual notes in a sample
- Real-time groove and swing manipulations for MIDI and audio
- Tempo automation via continuous breakpoint envelopes
- Frequency-domain warping optimized for composite signals such as mixed-down music
- Clip transport for looping, editing and shuffling any clip on the fly
- Instruments and effects
- Includes a wide array of innovative Ableton audio and MIDI effects
- New Saturator variable distortion effect
- New Beat Repeat audio effect reorganizes beats for endless variations
- New beat-synced auto-pan, phaser, and flanger
- Arpeggiator with both new and classic modes
- Browsing, importing, and exporting
- Built-in browser for previewing WAV, AIFF, MP3, and SDII audio files in sync with the project tempo
- Browser includes search, Live set merging and preset management
- Logs imported song tempo for instant synchronization to project tempo
- Audio tracks play mono and stereo audio files of any sample rate, bit depth, length with no prior conversion
- Drag-and-drop MIDI file import
- Exports MIDI and audio files, as well as Live clips
- New Live Clips sound library included
- New preset library for all Live devices
- Routing, I/O, control and sync
- Drag-and-drop signal flow management for MIDI effects, instruments, and audio effects
- Unlimited audio/MIDI bussing for mix grouping, synth layering, post-effects recording, MIDI-to-audio
- Preview and cue via separate audio outs
- Up to 8 send/return tracks
- Supports ASIO, MME, DirectX, Sound Manager and CoreAudio audio interfaces
- Manages unlimited number of MIDI ins and outs
- Acts as MIDI clock master or slave; MIDI Time Code slave
- Acts as ReWire master or slave
- Mackie Control support for use with control surfaces
- System requirements:
- 600 MHz CPU or faster
- 512 MB RAM recommended
- Windows 2000/XP
- Windows-compatible soundcard
- Any G3 or faster
- 512 MB RAM recommended
- Mac OS X 10.2.8 or later
Reviewed by 5 customers
Displaying reviews 1-5
I've been a Protools LE users (Digi001) on a Mac G4 since 2001 and after 5 long, frustrating years, gave up. Until I purchased Line6 USX-2 which came with Live Lite. I installed it on my Toshiba laptop and could not believe how good the demo version is. In half a day, I did more than I EVER did on Protools. Within a week, I purchased the full-blown version and was astonished by the features. It TRULY places an emphasis on creativity. After a few hours of use, I taught myself everything I needed to know and....FYI....this from a guy who still really doesn't "get" the whole concept of MIDI and Returns, etc....This product totally changed my outlook on home studio recording and I can't thank the talented people at Ableton enough. Thank You, Thank You....
There are not enough good things I can say about this program. 32bit/192khz paired with a firebox? That equals a good front end. I use Ableton mainly to track beats and do mixtape work and this program works excellent for me. I'm impressed by the timestretching feature. I was a little skepticle because of the headaches I've endured on my Fantom workstation, trying to stretch samples without distortion. There are a savage inheritance of plug-ins that are decent; some of them extremely flexible and good sounding... But for the price, I mean, you get more quality plug-ins then you should. The interface is simple. Audio routing is SIM-PLE. It's very easy to switch from MME/DirectX during the tracking phase to ASIO2 during mixing and replaying. Loops drop straight into the track which should make it extremely attractive to hip hop afficianados; however, none of my compadres are even "up on this"... And talk about stable... There is no DAW more stable then this. It takes up minimum resources which is good because with a good processor, patching resource-sucking virtual instruments into the mix is safe. Pairing Pro-Tools with Live 5 is very exciting, too, because again, the timestretching feature works for vocals, too (which is crazy), so if you ever get to a mix and realize you want to change the tempo of a track, you can do so without having to re-track everything. To each their own, but whomever doesn't believe this program is a ten just doesn't understand the implications of a tool like this.
I cannot get any easier that Live 5. I can sample not only drum beats, but guitar samples, vocal samples, etc, with ease. This program is so easy. Not only that but there is a built in drum machine, can protools do that? This is by far the best recording software on the market.
Live 5 is an amazing product that opens up a new world for DJs. If you are bedroom or club, and are considering to move to DJ from your computer, I highly recommend Ableton for creating perfect mixes and adding your sound to you DJ sets. I also own Reason 3.0 and the two of these programs work hand and hand with each other through ReWire Technology.
This software is great if you have great eyes! The text is very hard to see. I would buy a different software maybe like Cubase or Sonar.